Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add indexing in the microsoft notes which is linked to the MS team

Please add the indexing feature in MS notes which can be used in MS team for writing minutes of the meeting.

Indexing notes will help us to go the notes of the dates that I want to see directly by clicking on the date/final name (like MS word)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. i think that you should make a feature that you can block someone when you have eathier finished with the chat or if they are bieng mean

well if someone is earthier being mean to you or is rude or you have finished a chat with them and you don't want them messaging you there should be a block feature vote if you agree

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be better if there was a calculator for maths

It would be better if there was a calculator for maths

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add blue filter option in teams so that long class helding schools would be good

my idea is that childern will be safe and if microsoft add blue light filter it will be good for students and also for their health make blue light filter option optional

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Announcement hyperlink to section or page in class onenote

I want to be able to add a hyperlink in a Teams announcement to a section or page in the integrated Class Notebook. When I add the hyperlink, it takes the students out of the Teams hub. I want the students to remain within Teams when accessing the hyperlink.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to be able to add students via my Outlook Contacts

We don't have student emails on our servers. Student join with invitations to their personal email addresses.
    Students are reporting difficulty connecting to the meetings and when they do they must be "Guests".
    I want to be able to make them members if they are added via Outlook Contacts and call it secure.
    I want

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There should be a way to move people's box around the window. Customize the window.

There should be a way to move people's box around the window. Customize the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See all assessments at the same time

See all assignments at the same time on a single page without having to click through to see different assignments for different classes. They should all be in order of which assignment is due the soonest

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get a calendar for Mac users

To have a calendar
    being aware of a meeting before it takes place

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. you should have the hands up sign but the students should be able to see it popping up every time someone puts it up

the students see the popping up hand sign but it is disturbing sometimes and you can't see the bottom of the screen and what it says when you read

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop teams signing me out after a few days

After a few days of use teams will sign me out and I will have to sign in again. It's not logging me out, as I can still see my channels, but it has a banner prompting me to sign in. So I guess the session is expiring?

The whole point of using an app is that you don't have to keep signing in like with a web browser, so please fix this.

This started happening after the update to Windows 2004 x64

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It should be better if the interface is simplier not that complex. A simple operation in Teams takes much more time compareing to Jitsi

It should be better if the interface is simplier not that complex and slow. A simple operation in Teams takes much more time compareing to Jitsi.
    For example, you have to make a few steps more even when you attach a file or make a video chat. That's really annoying because that "eats" our precious time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve the "back" button

When I'm in a meeting, open a file, go back to the meeting and press the "back" button, I get to "posts" instead of the file I had opened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assignment Files

Going forward (especially if we are using a blended approach come August) could the 'files'be ammended. At the moment files can be added to an assignment but the children see the file they cannot individually edit within the app. After recent training on Blended Learning through GSuite they have a function where you add files to an assignment and it presents three options (add file for student view only; add file for collaborative editing; issue students an individual copy to edit). This third option is invaluable, it would save pupils printing and work at home (a facility not all have)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Attaching File Issue

My students are facing the problem of the file attachment in MS Form Quiz in Team. Considering that there no issue of the attachment by sharing the link with them, the issue is arising in Team only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base