Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use organization's own exchange server calendar

Our university runs their own Exchange servers (mail, calendar, whatnot) and this has been explained as the reason why our Teams does not have "Calendar" button on the left-side menu. As you surely understand, this has a horrendous impact on the solution as an educational tool, not being able to schedule lectures and other calendar based features being absent.

Could it be possible to offer an organization running their own Exchange servers a way to use those - both being MS products and all?

Or if there are other workarounds to this dilemma, those would also be tremendously valuable to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screenshare Window Frozen

Please fix the screen sharing feature.

Whenever my teacher moves through windows, the screen freezes and does not show the new window.

I do not have a video or a picture of it, please try it yourself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a option to hold a button to mute yourself

Basically due to alot of background sounds few students can have it would be easier if there was a button to press so you can mute yourself.The background sound can disturb alot of the other students in the call.(This idea can also be use opposite by holding the button to talk

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow organisers to view all.

The organizer of a call/meeting should be able to see all participants. They should also be able to know who just joined by a notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why does meeting get deleted if I RSVP 'No'?

Is there a way to NOT delete a meeting if I respond 'No' to the RSVP?
    I cannot attend the meeting; however, I still want to remember that the meeting took place so that I can follow up afterwards. I still want the meeting to remain in my calendar. Is there a way to keep the meeting on the calendar even though my RSVP was 'No?'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Streamlining Grade Posting

When setting up assignments, could their be an option for automatically posting the grade as soon as they are completed. Then a separate option to release the assignment to students so that they can look at their answers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Folders

For class work, forvhome work, for uplaload, for chats separate folders should be there. restrictions to parents students for edit or adding anything where teacher uploading CW and HW.
    Parents and students should be restricted to upload only under 1 link which has subject folders.
    It will make it easy for kids to find the work done in class and given as hw.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. could you maybe add a drawing board?

you could add a drawing board to share ideas or for teachers to teach. I think it would be a good thing to add

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. more than ten Files attachable to re

Make more than ten files attachable to returning assignments, this makes multiple image assignments possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to schedule a meeting as a PA or secretary without having join the session

At this moment our PA's or secretaries can schedule a meeting for other persons, however they have to join the meeting in order to let it take place. It would be a very nice feature, if they could just schedule it in name of their manager or who ever they have to plan the meeting for, without having to join the session theirselves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mobil uygulamalar çok kötü.

Mobil uygulamalar çok kötü. Android telefon ve tabletten takip yapamıyorum. Video oturum başlatamıyorum. Böyle devam ederse kurum olarak kullanmayı bırakacağız.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If you could make it the same

Make the assignments be able to be checked in calendar to check the due date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A better microphone

i think this needs a better microphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More than 4 video streams

We know... Your working on it. But for a product geared for the Enterprise... This is a huge gap in the product. EVERY other solution available does this; EXCEPT MS Teams ! I'd settle for 15. But 4 is suicide. The ubiquity of Office 365 only goes so far, before people will get fed up and go outside the MS domain to get what they need. I'm already looking.... Get it together people !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. if you can look up assignments

If you were able to look up a specific assignment or assignments by date so you wont have to go scrolling through the assignments page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a microphone mute button close to the chat section for ease of work.

Add a microphone mute button close to the chat section for ease of work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow assignments to be opened in a new tab using Ctrl + Click function

I want to be able to use Ctrl + click to view each assignment on a seperate tab, so I don't have to keep on using the back button and that way I can see them all at the same time. It's more organised that way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base