Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. have Zoom access Outlook scheduling assistant

It would be good to have Zoom access the Outlook scheduling assistant...or allow Teams to call collaborators outside of Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please change the Assignments feature back to the original format

It's often difficult with online school to keep up with all of our assignments, and it's now impossible to view all assignments from all classes at once. We have to click on an individual class to view its assignments, and we might as well use the Assignments tab in each individual class (it actually requires fewer steps). Please bring back the assignments feature where we can see all assignments from all classes. Another problem is that the list of classes to choose from include last year's classes, so it just adds to everything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an option to change pen sizes in Whiteboards

The default pen is too thin to draw...
    Would be great if we could change the size of each pen and eraser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. chats

As the primary owner of the Team created by my district, I would like to know and see when my students are communicating with each other either by video or calls. How do I do that? The only chats and call I become fully aware of is when a student invites me to their conversation. I believe I should be able to see them talking considering they are young children.

I was also wondering if there is a way to set a time frame as to when they could communicate with each other. I find out some of my students,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. special subjects

A special subject such as arts, music, computing, they have many groups but the course is the same for the same level. allow the one note classroom to be separated into groups, or when creating a channel you have a one note classroom instead of a one note.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chat feature levels

should have a full version and one that's only chat so students can't upload files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I have a problem

It does not work on my mobile phone after first usage. Even though i deleted the app and downloaded again , it did not work. Also this situation is not only for me. My friends living the same situation. I do not know why it is like this but it is very big problem for us. Please correct it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To make notiffications more efficient

Notiffications should arrive on time, and not late or not at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. face time

don't type

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen Format

It would be great to be able to view more than 3 video screens at once. If there are multiple people on the call/meeting you should be able to view everyone who is on video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Da modificare tutto per android con versione non recente

Ho un cellulare e tablet Android con versione non recente, appena installati qualche mese fa funzionava tutto perfettamente, con gli ultimi aggiornamenti in entrambi i dispositivi io non posso ne accedere alle riunioni ne poter vedere le registrazioni delle riunioni e nella peggiore dei casi aprendo l app la pagina carica a vuoto. Sono fortunata ad avere un computer portatile dove li l applicazione funziona bene ma certo che comunque è da risolvere il problema perché molti non hanno un Pc e vorrebbero seguire anche loro le lezioni ed avere il materiale delle lezioni. Spero che risolviate, grazie!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Very Bad experience with Android

I receive no notifications, Cant join existing meetings never get updates from my teachers, messages wont load, very bad. Always have to ask someone to add me to the meeting by calling me individually

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow teachers to change post controls within a channel in a team

Allow teachers to change post controls within a channel in a team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the notebook function on different channels NOT be collaborative and having the choice to use the "document library" instead.

Make the notebook function on different channels NOT be collaborative and having the choice to use the "document library" instead.

I want to post different files that link to the same lesson on one "note page".

When I do this it's on the collaborative section so students can change it and I do not want that. There should be an option to have the channel "one note" tab to be the document library section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. File Categorizing

When adding files to a folder, it lists them Z to A by default...the default should be A to Z...or at least have a setting that allows you to select the default categorization of your files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. host zoom meetings across teams

I would like to hold a Zoom call across Teams (my teams are created by class period) and on Private Channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A "mute meeting" button so that you can do other things on your computer while still being present in the meeting

We often have music at the beginning of class, and it usually sounds terrible. There are also, unfortunately, classes where the teacher does more harm than good and I prefer to learn the material myself. But I can't play music or listen to videos without needing to leave the meeting entirely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base