Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Annotation toolbar

Integrate annotation toolbar for any participant to draw when the screen is sharing

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Letter grades (A+, A, A-) and customization

Teams for Education Assignments and Grading
    I would like to see letter grades (e.g. A+, A, A- etc.) and an option for grading and not just numbers. If we could customise it (e.g. choose the grade range), even better/

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn off the microphone and camera for all students in an online meeting without being able to turn them on again

Turn off the microphone and camera for all students in an online meeting without being able for students to turn them on again. during the online meeting would be great

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upload files to multiple channels at the same time

When posting a message please allow us to upload a file to multiple channels.
    Currently if you attach a file to a message you can only post it to one channel. Many teachers are responsible for multiple classes in the same grade. Having to go and upload a file to each team and channel one by one is very time consuming.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Peer Feedback in assignments

Add peer feedback in assignments.

Peer feedback is a very powerfull learning acitivity. Would be very useful for both student and teachers if the teachers could just to let other students review and give feedback on assignments. Think of university classes with maybe 700 student how great it would be. So the features would need to make sure that a students gets feedback from some other student even if some students does not provide feedback. And it need to do pairing automatically. Futhermore the teachers should be able to add a rubric with feedback criteria so that the students know…

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Draft posts

I would like to be able to draft items in teams that I can either manually post at a later time or schedule to post at a later time. I am a teacher and would like to be able to set items (such as a conversation post) ahead of time but then post when my students are ready for that specific information

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. assignment longer feedback

I am in desperate need of more available Space in the feedback Box in the assignments.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Merging conversations in Teams

As a Team Owner, I would like to be able to merge conversations. I see too many people start a new conversation when they should be replying to an existing one. Over time, they end up becoming fragmented.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. People with hands raised should be listed in the order they raised their hands, not alphabetically

In accordance with Robert's Rules of Order, I would like it if people who raised their hands were listed in the order that they raised their hands, so that I can take questions or comments in the order that they arose. I have noticed meeting organizers sometimes give undue attention to people whose names come first in the alphabet because of the way the names are listed currently.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ‘Leader’ controls for Virtual Meetings

The meetings works fine if you have a group of grown-ups, but if you have a situation like teacher+pupils you need better controls.

1) Teacher can ‘mute all’
    2) Pupil can ‘raise hand’ to speak.
    3) Teacher can unmute individuals
    4) Teacher can ‘give control’ to pupils.
    5) Teacher can ‘take control’ back
    6) Pupils can ‘request’ but not ‘take’ control.
    7) Teachers should be able to write in OneNote in a meeting window.

And so on.

With the possibility that Coronavirus could result in school closures, the meetings features could be about to be stress tested. At the moment,…

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send notifications when assignments are turned in

I would find it very useful to get notifications when assignments were turned in or due.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to remove the assignment tab

We would like to remove the Assignments Tab from Microsoft Teams so that our more gung ho users do not try and utilize this portion of the tool until it can be properly supported through IT and the departments that would be training end users. If the end user does not see it, they will not know it is even an option so there will be no need to field calls or questions.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re not planning on using the class functionality in Teams, O365 IT Admins can remove the Assignments app in the Teams Admin Center under Teams apps > ‘Permission policies’.

You can set a user policy (remove it for a set of users) or a global one that removes the Assignments app for everyone in your tenant.

Before you do this, make sure to double check if any faculty are using Assignments. We’ve seen Assignments be used in all sorts of ways successfully, even without students. You can always add back Assignments by removing the policy.

13. Teacher Upload Student's Assignment

Teachers should be able to upload a student's work that has been submitted via an alternate method (e.g. email or even a scan of a paper copy) to the review section in Teams. This allows for teachers to store all information about an assignment in one place. It will also remove the annoying calculation of those who have and haven't handed the work in, which to an external eye makes it look like students aren't completing work.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. assignment tab

On the top tabs, I'd like the ability to change the order of the 4 tabs: conversations, files, class notebook, and assignments. I'd like students to see "Assignments" first instead of seeing all the mess of "Conversations" when they first click on our team.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams from multiple tenants in desktop client

Just like in OneNote you can pull notebooks from multiple places, the ability to pull teams from multiple tenants. Right now I have teams in three tenants that I need to use regularly and online it gets very confused. I can be signed into O365 with one tenant, click the Teams tile, and it takes me to teams in another tenant. I have to use different browsers to achieve this and it should be easier. Desktop client does not allow a toggle, only a sign off/sign on.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Uncompressed audio/ no AGC for Music classes - Band, Choir, Orchestra

For music classes on Teams that are audio based, it is really important to have:

1. uncompressed audio feature for original quality sound (Zoom has it)

2. turn off auto gain control that compresses dynamics

3. turn off any other "smart" audio features that will change the original sound quality such as background noise reduction or microphones that turn off until a sound is detected

4. reduce sound lag (latency)

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Schedule when your Post appears

Allow the ability to schedule when a post (or new conversation in Posts) appears similar to how Assignments can be scheduled. This will further help automate daily tasks for teachers.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple Screen Share

In Teams you can only share one screen at a time. I work in an office where we use 2-3 screens. Being able to share multiple screens at one time would be very beneficial.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export of Rubric

Hello!

I would like to be able to export the rubric and have it look just as it does in the assignments page of Teams when I click on the rubric. It exports to Excel and requires a lot of adjusting.

Thanks!

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. printing from teams Files tab

printing from teams
    It would be nice if it was posible to print directly from teams.
    i have an pdf in my files under a team, but to print it i need to download it to my machine and open and print it here.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base