Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignments for members of a private channel.

Education User: We want to set up a Team for an entire cohort of students then make separate private channels for each class.

Is it possible to assign assignments to private channel members? We don't want to have to select each individual student from the entire cohort each time we set an assignment.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Annotation toolbar

Integrate annotation toolbar for any participant to draw when the screen is sharing

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upload files to multiple channels at the same time

When posting a message please allow us to upload a file to multiple channels.
    Currently if you attach a file to a message you can only post it to one channel. Many teachers are responsible for multiple classes in the same grade. Having to go and upload a file to each team and channel one by one is very time consuming.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn off student's ability to chat within the chat thread during a meeting

I would like to be able to selectively remove the ability of certain students to chat in the chat thread during a meeting. I am currently able to remove their ability to respond to the general thread via chat but not individual students during a meeting. This would be helpful to ensure that conversation remains appropriate.

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Ability to Schedule Future Posts in the Conversation Tab

I would love to be able to schedule posts ahead of time and have them show up in Teams at a specific time. I tried to see if I could facilitate this through MS Flow but no luck.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Archive assignments

Both students and teachers to archive assignments but can also see the archived assignments from a list and should a teacher want to reuse it, can still do so.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share a file across multiple team

I have created several teams for my school (Yr 7 Maths, Yr 8 Maths, Yr 9 Maths) and while most of the time each team would be working specifically within that team, sometimes there may be a department file that we need to work on. Can I share the file between teams, and have the file constantly update and sync across all teams?

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add paste image, text box, drag and drop, zoom in or out to the Whiteboard in Teams

The Whiteboard would be more useful with the ability to: 1) paste an image or anything onto the whiteboard. 2) insert a text box, 3) move what's on the whiteboard to a different area on the whiteboard, 4) zoom in or out

181 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Gordon Chang responded

Thank you everyone for the feedback. To allow you to teach, collaborate, or brainstorm ideas in online class meetings, we are working on improving the Microsoft Whiteboard in Teams to include new features including sticky notes, pen and ink, and drag and drop capabilities. You can read more details here: https://aka.ms/TeamsVirtualLearningJul2020.

Gordon Chang from Teams

9. Quiz form - the number of points should not be limited to integers

In quiz form, the number of points should not be limited to integers. There is often need to use 0.5 points or 1.5 points ... to appropriately assess the answer. I think, many users would appreciate such change.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mute Notifications

Allow muting of all notifications quickly. There are times when I present or want no distractions!

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reminder for assignemnts

If we have an assignment that isn't due for a while, a reminder setting would be helpful to have when we set up the assignment. Example is set a reminder for 2 hours before the due time for students to get an email to remind them to do it or turn it in. This will help avoid students "forgetting" something was due.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Introduce a way to give a non-invasive instant feedback to the presenter(Professor, teacher..)

Hello everyone,

I'm a university student and I sometimes have the need to give a rapid feedback to my Professor for example when they ask if everything is clear and if we are understanding the new concepts presented. In this case the only way to interact is by opening the microphone(which is a bit invasive in my opinion because everybody hears you and you kind of interrupt the lesson just saying "yes" or "ok!"; however it is also necessary for the teacher in order to have an idea of how the students are perceiving the lesson).
    I've thought about a…

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SCORM

Please can you build something so we can use SCORM files in Teams, and pull out the scores of quizzes from within them and completion of the materials?

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  angch responded

Thank you for your feedback. We are reviewing this request and will evaluate possible solutions.

14. Mute all default in Classroom Teams

Once Teams is synced with the student information system the class Teams should default to Mute all and give the teacher the ability to unmute once digital citizenship is taught. This is a great what to teach students how to behave digitally.

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Seesaw app

Add a Seesaw app to Teams for Education

https://app.seesaw.me

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Forums in Teams

Discussion forums should be added to Teams!

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We need a circle-format for meeting/conferencing/collaborating

We need a circle-format that highlights each person in the group and relates to a visual format, as if the students were actually sitting in a circle for education purposes and for implementing restorative justice circles in a distance learning format. This should include a virtual "talking piece" that would show up next to someone's name in the participant list, and at the same time, when the virtual talking piece is passed, the speaker's mic should turn on, and the other mics should automatically be muted. The icon for the "virtual talking piece" should be either a ball or a…

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple Screen Share

In Teams you can only share one screen at a time. I work in an office where we use 2-3 screens. Being able to share multiple screens at one time would be very beneficial.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove default tabs - build custom channel

i would like te be able to remove the default tabs (Conversations, Files, Wiki) from a channel.

So i can build a fully custom channel

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let .pdf presentations to be shared in Teams (currently Powerpoint only is supported)!

Hi,

I use .pdf slides (written in LaTeX, lots of equations, tables etc.) in my classrooms, yet I cannot share them because only Powerpoint is supported, so far. It would be great to make .pdf presentations shareable in Teams.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base