Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Teams- Straight to Assignments

Our school is utilizing Teams. We would like for the Home Screen within Teams to be Assignments rather than Conversations. We also would like for the Calendar to show the whole month (not just a week). Unless students are actively looking for the assignments, they won't see something due the next week.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. assignment longer feedback

I am in desperate need of more available Space in the feedback Box in the assignments.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Join a new public team (that you do not belong to) via a web link - using the Get Link to Team functionality

There is no reason why the "Get link to a team" cannot also work like the "Get a code" functionality -- there should be an easy click way to join a public team, without having to go to teams and enter in a code, or fruitlessly searching for the exact spelling of a public team.

Being able to use the get link functionality for this would be self-explanatory, and would enable much more seamless joining of public teams.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow the owner to delete messages

giving the team owner full delete/edit privilege will allow for the team to focus on the correct topic and allow for misplaced messages to be deleted by the team owner, also when deleting a message remove the visual display of "This message was deleted to allow the channel to flow better

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Classroom intergration

Microsoft Classroom assignments tab should be added to teams, because Teams is a better fit for classess than Classroom conversations.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option for an A-E marking guide

Our schooling system grades with an A-E system, I have been using either a 15-1 or 5-1 scale as a work around but would make grading and rubrics so much easier.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export of Rubric

Hello!

I would like to be able to export the rubric and have it look just as it does in the assignments page of Teams when I click on the rubric. It exports to Excel and requires a lot of adjusting.

Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add multiple OneNote pages as a resource to assignment

Currently, you can only specify one OneNote page for an assignment. I often have multiple pages that students would need as part of a single assignment.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add email button to teams sidebar that integrates with 365

Add an email button to the sidebar where I can view my exchange email. I use Teams and Outlook in my browser in two separate tabs. Integrating email and teams would allow for me to manage everything in one area. That would be awesome. Great work so far. Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. View grades at a glance

From the students view, when a task has been reviewed it would be useful see the grades in the assignment as suggested in the attached file. This way students can view their grades without opening the assignment (view grades at a glance)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 20mb Assignment Limit?! - 10gb Limit.

Why, oh why, is the assignment limit crippled to 20mb? This is such a critical flaw in the assignment workflow for anything other than basic word documents. Even PowerPoints with embedded audio and video exceed 20mb.

Yes, in the year 2000, 20mb seemed like an acceptable limit, however, in 2017 this is a restrictive and bizarre limit.

I thought this was built on SharePoint? So a 10gb file limit would make sense. Can we please do something about this sooner rather than later?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I really need a class calendar! This way my whole class would be able to quickly see what is coming up for the month or view important dates

If my class could see one calendar that I control, it would help the students and the parents stay on track.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I want to try to provide clarity on the current functionality because we find that sometimes people are unaware of the settings available to tenant & team admins. There are three different types of edit/delete settings, all of which are switched on/off at the tenant or team level.
    1) Allow users to edit their own messages
    2) Allow users to delete their own messages
    3) Allow owners to delete all messages

Tenant level settings:
    Tenant admins can update capabilities from the “Messaging” section in the Admin center.
    By default, allow users to edit/delete their own messages is ON at the tenant level (and therefore the team level).
    By default, allow owners to delete all messages is OFF by default in all tenants, except in EDU where it is ON by default.

Team level settings:
    If edit and delete settings are enabled by the Tenant admin, team owners can also control…

15. Sub channels

much like how users can create sub pages in OneNote, I'd like the ability to create sub channels in a Team. It's helpful to use indenting on the channels to organize information .

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Posibility to add new Document Library

I want it to be easier to add a new document library in a channel, besides the Files tab. If I click on the plus sign in the files menu, it is only possible to link to an existing document library. I wish that I also could create a new one without having to go to Sharepoint.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. self review rubric

It would be great to add an option to the rubric interface that includes a replicate for students to self review. It would be on the same rubric as the teacher uses - just for students to give their own perspective.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Late Assignment Submission Notification

Hello,

Thanks for allowing resubmission. As a teacher I would like to be notified when a student submits an assignment after a scheduled deadline. This would help with knowing when students resubmit assignments after deadlines and when students have submitted work late.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a submit button to OneNote pages when assignments are in Teams

I use OneNote for assignment creation and handins and integrate this with Teams. Works really well and I can mark these directly in OneNote or in Teams as well. What I would like to see is a button that integrates with the teams assignment and show that it is submitted. I want to use a combination of OneNote and Teams to review student work. Currently when the student submits the assignment in OneNote I do not see that they have completed it unless they go to teams and submit the assignment.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide folders and files in the teams sharepoint library

I want to be able to hide certain folders or files in the SharePoint library of a team and channel

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Schools and Universities

Feedback and Knowledge Base