Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create own Teams Icon

Please allow people to upload their own image for icons for Teams. If a teacher has multiple teams in a learning area eg English having 4 Teams with the same Shakespeare image does not help quick recognition. The system to upload an icon for the Office 365 Accounts would be perfect!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blinking Notification on Teams Taskbar

When receiving a IM message within Teams, it would be nice for one of the settings to be a blinking notification in the task bar after the original message pops on the screen. Similar to Skype for Business, it would draw my attention to the fact that I have a pending message. It would be nice for that to be a feature under each notification section so someone could turn that on and be alerted with a blinking update notification.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open multiple instances/windows

Please allow the ability to open multiple instances of teams. This will help alleviate some of the back and forth click, and breaking of workflow, especially when working on something, and chatting with a colleague.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rubric should calculate partial points

If my rubric contains partial credit, such as 0.5 points for an answer that is somewhat correct, the rubric does not calculate the partial points. It rounds down to the nearest whole number. If Teams is going to allow me to put 0.5 points in as a potential score for a category, it should calculate it correctly.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. assignment longer feedback

I am in desperate need of more available Space in the feedback Box in the assignments.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Branding of the Teams App. Allow for custom colors, loading a logo, etc.

Would like the ability to customize the look and feel of the Teams App. Allow us to create color schemes, fonts, logos to the app.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notifications

Rather than having notifications control for "Mentions," "Messages," and "Other," we need to have control of notifications from each Team we may be on and for each channel. I am part of 10 different Teams, but only 3 of them are vital to my day-to-day work. It would be wonderful if I could control how I receive notifications for those and see them based not only on Favorites and current Settings but if I could customize for each team and collaboration.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can we make a default tab other than Conversations

I would like to open with a tab of my choice as the default tab rather than the Conversations tab

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 20mb Assignment Limit?! - 10gb Limit.

Why, oh why, is the assignment limit crippled to 20mb? This is such a critical flaw in the assignment workflow for anything other than basic word documents. Even PowerPoints with embedded audio and video exceed 20mb.

Yes, in the year 2000, 20mb seemed like an acceptable limit, however, in 2017 this is a restrictive and bizarre limit.

I thought this was built on SharePoint? So a 10gb file limit would make sense. Can we please do something about this sooner rather than later?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Assigned Channels

I would like a way to set a group of kids to a new channel within a group. Only kids that are assigned to that channel may view, post, or respond to anything posted within that channel.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add multiple OneNote pages as a resource to assignment

Currently, you can only specify one OneNote page for an assignment. I often have multiple pages that students would need as part of a single assignment.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tasks in Teams

I have a problem with Teams, how it provides feedback of Information; that there will always be a green tick that misleads my students to believe that the task is approved. But its not! Whether I mark the task 100% or 0% correct, it becomes a green check mark as a marker, as it is when its aproved. I want a better feedback for unsuccessful submissions. Is it possible to change this highly misleading feedback?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share assignment with multiple teams??

It would be awesome to be able to share the same assignment with multiple teams. As it is, I have to copy/paste my assignment multiple times - sometimes as many as twenty!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export of Rubric

Hello!

I would like to be able to export the rubric and have it look just as it does in the assignments page of Teams when I click on the rubric. It exports to Excel and requires a lot of adjusting.

Thanks!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be better than Google Classroom by...

• Allowing teacher to ink while grading assignments.

• Connecting Teams to LMS so assignments and grades entered in Teams automatically gets entered in the school district's LMS.

Teams needs to get better before teachers will leave Google Classroom. If Microsoft can get the above items done, it would leapfrog passed Google.
    C'mon, we are waiting.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drag and Drop Files

Please can you add the facility to drag and drop files out of teams application rather than needing to download them.drag and drop files out of teams rather than needing to download them. It would be really helpful if you could make the files tab act more like explorer in the way it handles files.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sound notifications: Customization options

Would you please entertain allowing for different sound notifications per user, per channel, or per conversation?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Screen Size for Assignments

For both students and teachers, the screen size for the assignment is so small. When a student opens an assignment, it would be better for it to become a full screen tab. When a teacher is checking, it would be much better for it to be a full screen tab rather than always having to click on the assignment again to grade.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add ability to set dates for assignments to be posted

It would be great to create an assignment and instead of save draft be able to chose a date for the assignment to be posted for students.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Team Search

Team search only seams to search the first letters. The search doesn't search for other words in the title. This makes it hard to find Teams unless you know the exact title.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base