Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show the time stamp when assignments are turned in even after "returning" the assignment.

It appears Teams was just updated to allow the teacher to "return" an assignment to a student either before or after grading. This is a great, and much needed feature. However, the timestamp showing when an assignment was originally turned in now disappears. So, if I have a student turn an assignment in late and then I return the assignment back to the student with their grade, I can no longer see the original turn in time or date. The reason this is a problem is because I have often used that timestamp to clear up disputes with students who…

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attach file to feedback (screen recording, video)

I often provide video feedback to my students using a screenrecording app. It would be good if I could attach this file to the feedback, rather than emailing it separately.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I really need a class calendar! This way my whole class would be able to quickly see what is coming up for the month or view important dates

If my class could see one calendar that I control, it would help the students and the parents stay on track.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live Parent Access to Assignment Details

The parent digest isn't enough for most of our parents, they want to be able to see the data on any day of the week.

The ability to log in (or have an app) and only see homework activities set every day (the ability, ie a tick box, to identify homework vs classwork activities would be ideal) to keep track of assignments is needed.

At the moment we have to use another app for this which doubles up on admin and means we are writing in one tool that the work is in Teams.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reply to a reply...

To keep better context in the conversation, we need to be able to reply to a reply - and have that appear directly under the initial reply (at least one level). Example: Facebook does this.

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mute all default in Classroom Teams

Once Teams is synced with the student information system the class Teams should default to Mute all and give the teacher the ability to unmute once digital citizenship is taught. This is a great what to teach students how to behave digitally.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We need a circle-format for meeting/conferencing/collaborating

We need a circle-format that highlights each person in the group and relates to a visual format, as if the students were actually sitting in a circle for education purposes and for implementing restorative justice circles in a distance learning format. This should include a virtual "talking piece" that would show up next to someone's name in the participant list, and at the same time, when the virtual talking piece is passed, the speaker's mic should turn on, and the other mics should automatically be muted. The icon for the "virtual talking piece" should be either a ball or a…

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete past Team chats in chat mode (both sender and receiver chats).

Chats should not be never-ending storage of a chat, and we should be able to delete individual chats as instructors or keep them ( both the sender and receiver chat). I realize we can delete our own, but we need the option to delete both our own as well as the students. We should have that option.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share a file across multiple team

I have created several teams for my school (Yr 7 Maths, Yr 8 Maths, Yr 9 Maths) and while most of the time each team would be working specifically within that team, sometimes there may be a department file that we need to work on. Can I share the file between teams, and have the file constantly update and sync across all teams?

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add paste image, text box, drag and drop, zoom in or out to the Whiteboard in Teams

The Whiteboard would be more useful with the ability to: 1) paste an image or anything onto the whiteboard. 2) insert a text box, 3) move what's on the whiteboard to a different area on the whiteboard, 4) zoom in or out

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SCORM

Please can you build something so we can use SCORM files in Teams, and pull out the scores of quizzes from within them and completion of the materials?

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Access to Meetings Options when creating a Meeting

Seems to be that you can only change the options for a meeting once it has been created and scheduled.

Please make them available when creating the meeting.

Especially useful if you're using Meet Now for a classroom of children, and you don't want all of them to be a Presenter.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Seesaw app

Add a Seesaw app to Teams for Education

https://app.seesaw.me

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Turn off the microphone and camera for all students in an online meeting without being able to turn them on again

Turn off the microphone and camera for all students in an online meeting without being able for students to turn them on again. during the online meeting would be great

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Virtual background of the video in a meeting

Add a virtual background feature where you can block out the original background but it is not just blurred, it is fun and exciting.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that pre-selected images for background settings on desktop is rolling out to the public ring this week. This includes some special images that are appropriate for EDU customers. We are continuing work to support user-initiated custom background images as well – stay tuned!

Meanwhile, feel free free to follow this item in the main UV forum – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38824921

Gordon Chang from Teams

16. Integrate OneNote into Teams

Right now, when you "integrate" OneNote as a Tab in a channel it is just a web browser that opens a notebook in OneNote Online. Could you really integrate OneNote into Teams like you did with Planner?

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Uncompressed audio/ no AGC for Music classes - Band, Choir, Orchestra

For music classes on Teams that are audio based, it is really important to have:

1. uncompressed audio feature for original quality sound (Zoom has it)

2. turn off auto gain control that compresses dynamics

3. turn off any other "smart" audio features that will change the original sound quality such as background noise reduction or microphones that turn off until a sound is detected

4. reduce sound lag (latency)

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ease of use for primary grades

Our Kindergarten and 1st grade students don’t create documents often, so if under add work they had the ability to add an image (and have Teams access the camera to take the image right there), add a recording (and have teams access the camera and microphone to capture a video) or add an audio file (and have teams access the microphone to capture the audio), this would truly be life changing to make this tool manageable for the little kids. I know that older students would benefit from these tools too, but it would be amazing to make this meaningful…

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for planner to be a tab in a private channel

We love the new feature to have private channels within a team although at the moment we aren't able to add a Planner as a tab within a private channel. This would be great otherwise a few of our team members need to create a separate team in order to achieve this.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Team-specific notification settings

Currently the notification settings apply to all teams. But not all teams are created equal...sometimes we don't want to get certain notifications from a specific team. It would be nice if we can specify a team to inherit the global notification setting or to have its own notification setting.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base