Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need complete control on the Assignment timing function. Give us the ability to fine tune submission deadlines e.g. 2:05 pm

I need complete control on the Assignment timing function. Give us the ability to fine tune submission deadlines e.g. 2:05 pm

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open to the bottom of communications

Every time the desktop app opens it shows the very top of conversations forcing you to scroll to the bottom every time. Have the app open to the bottom of conversations upon opening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cloud editing by the main users of files that are encrypted (password-protected)

My team of 6 is required to constantly update a file (with sensitive information) with 15 viewers who will constantly retrieve information from the file. Cloud editing on an encrypted file (edit) on the Teams cloud would be really great.

Context: Microsoft files have a general tools, when prompted on the location to save the file, that encrypts the file with 2 passwords. The 1st to open the file, the 2nd to modify the file.
    Viewers of the file will be able to open the file as a "read only" file whereas the author of the file will have both…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Subsections under each team & Renaming tabs

Give us the ability to create subsections under each team, to improve organization. In addition, allow for renaming tabs (instead of "Excel"), so it's easier to differentiate, especially when dealing with a large amount of data & several files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. not suk

allowing you to be able to contact people who you invited into a team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams iOS: Make clicking on a tab equal to selecting the first command in the Options (or overflow) menu

In the iOS Teams app, I experience inconsistent behaviour which is a bit frustrating. Some apps start within Teams when you click on their tab, but more often clicking on a tab starts the browser! Examples: (1) Clicking on a Forms quiz will NOT start the quiz in Teams, no it will take you outside of Teams to the browser... Weird! In order for the quiz to start in Teams, I have to go to the three dot Options menu and select the first option (Open). Clicking on a quiz apparently starts the SECOND option, Open in browser. WHY??
    (2)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be helpful if you can see missed chats. I would have never know I missed a chat if i did not search for the persons name to see it.

It would be helpful if you can see missed chats. I would have never known I missed a chat if i did not search for the persons name to see it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft Stream videos attached by students as links don't show up the marking view on Teams

Assignment marking takes significantly longer by having to open each link in a browser window and then using split-screen to use the rubric on Teams while providing grades to students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assign task to youself

I would like to be able to assign tasks to myself inside the app, as it comes in handy if I need to assign something to myself, which a teacher has not set. I'm not sure if this is already possible though...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm wondering why it's not possible to save documents directly into the Files section on Teams from Onedrive?

I have a Onedrive Folder where I keep my class materials and I would like to be able to share some of these materials with my learners. However, when I try to do this, there doesn't seem to be any simple way of uploading documents into the Files section of Teams from Onedrive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Increase TEAM member limit to 10,000 or more

Currently, I believe the members limit is set to 5,000 for a company/org. My school district has over 8,000 staff and having a single TEAM to assist with adoption and reframe all staff to consider TEAMS usage for ALL internal communication will be extremely beneficial. Consider this an option for a district deep in TEAMS rollout to avoid the need for an "Intranet" as it's always been known and bring substance and consistency to the platform for all user-types already confused between the fantastic Office 365 suite of tools.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Herrejävlar

Det går ju för fan inte ens att hitta till var man lämnar synpunkter!!!

Jag har mängder av synpunkter men tar nu bar upp en. Det som gör att vi inte använder teams.

FLÖDET. FRUKTANSVÄRT PLOTTRIGT. Ta bort all info om vilken kanal osv i flödet. Vem som nämnde vem osv. I flödet ska bara stå första raderna personen skriver. Sen ska der vara sökbart!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Where's the cheese Gromit?

We need more cheese Gromit!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The steps to link an existing notebook to a team do not work. You get an error message

Following the steps provided here, you still cannot link an existing One Notebook to Teams. Each time to you attempt to pair them an error message pops up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base