Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change team picture without changing name or privacy settings

When changing Team picture, you must also change the Team Name or the Public/Private setting to save new picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notices when anything new has been updated to the team

Anytime anything is added to one of the teams or a new message, users should get some kind of notice that there are changes and show under activity where they are. It should already be a part of the function for Teams. Instead of having to keep looking to see if anyone has updated something and WHERE?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a quick access toolbar to onenote

OneNote 2016 has a quick access toolbar and I hope to see this feature on the OneNote desktop app soon. It's extremely useful for grabbing different pen colors, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give the ability to make an assignment optional.

As a teacher, I sometimes give assignments that are optional. It would be nice to be able to somehow mark this in Teams so when a student doesn't do the assignment, it doesn't show as missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add LinkedIn Learning App

Add Linked in Learning App so it would be easy to share a specific Course or Video for a Team to view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A dedicated intergrated screen recording tool in Windows 10 PLEASE :)

Please Please Please we need a proper UI intergrated screen recording tool in windows. NOT Gamebar! I need to show the screen for desktop file explorer and other screens which do not appear. We need this much like OSX has this inbuilt and iOS has screen recording

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unviewable Assignements

Teachers can create assignments that students won't see. For example, giving students credit for completing something in class that is not a formal assignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OneNote - roll up up tags

I'm using One-note as a personal organizer and it would be great to have the ability to roll up tags (i.e. 'to do' items from various sections and pages) into a single report and have the ability to refesh backwards into those same sections and pages as they marked complete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. annoying

dont make this open every single time i turn on my computer i dont use it and its very annoying

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. can you make assignements private once handed in

Is there a way to make an assignment private or unviewable once handed in? It would be really nice to be able to distribute tests and then mark them, but not have the students still be able to fully access the assignment after the due date. Also make assignments hand-in times down to 10min or so not 30.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. shifts

Integrate Microsoft Shifts to auto approve either certain or all users for days off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ovlasti vlasnika grupe

Vlasnik grupe bi trebao imati ovlasti brisanja poruka članova grupe te uvid u IP adresu računala s kojeg dolaze poruke. U slučaju krađe identiteta kakav smo nedavno imali, učenik se zaboravio odlogirati te je korisnica istog računala pisala proste poruke u njegovo ime. Morali bismo moći dokazati da je poruka napisana baš na tom računalu što ni CARNET ni Microsoft nisu napravili za nas. Ne bi bilo loše i automatski odlogirati korisnika nakon 30 minuta neaktivnosti.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. give teachers the ability to toggle on a display of the join code for teams

Give teachers the ability to toggle on a display of the team code for when others join later on (especially educator Teams).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. copying draft assignments

when teaching multiple classes would like to copy the draft assignment to each class and then be able to change times and students for each class. at this time you cannot change times and students when it has been assigned

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Being able to see an individual student's completed assignment with feedback in a discreet section

So useful for parents' evenings and one to one meetings with students but doesn't seem to be a current feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please make working in SharePoint via Teams more efficient: I want to not be returned to main folder each time I upload/edit something.

Whenever I update/upload a file, work on one etc in Sharepoint via the link in Teams, when the action is finished, I am returned to the main folder, rather than the subfolder I worked in. This is very irritating, especially when more work needs to be done in the same subfolder.

Similarly, the folders are never shown in alphabetical order and I can never figure out how they first appear. I have to re-select alphabetical ascending filter each time. I am losing precious time trying to locate the folder/ file I need and then re-enter the correct subfolder and re-sort…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base