Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • or
  1. assignment and grades should be placed in every created channel not just in the general channel specially for subject created channels

assignment and grades should be placed in every created channel not just in the general channel specially for subject created channels

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change the channel setting of an assignment after it posts

When an assignment is being created we have the option to choose a channel where it will post. Sometimes this selection doesn't seem to 'save' and the assignment posts to the general channel. Right now I need to delete the assignment and recreate hoping it posts to the correct channel. BUT!! if any students have already turned in the assignment, their work is lost. I want to be able to change the channel after the assignment has been posted and even if it has been already worked or turned in by the students.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Posting Options for Assignments for Multiple Classes

Please change your software so I can post assignments for multiple Teams (Classes) in the Assignments channel, rather than the default General Channel. My district is requiring us to use an Assignments channel. Copying assignments over and over again is affecting my ability to enjoy my job. Please change. Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assigning to multiple teams, and unable to choose the channel after the assignment is made

We want to post grade level assignments to multiple teams, and have been able to do so only to the General channel for each team. But once the assignment is posted, we can't go in and edit it in our own Team to change it to a different channel. We're being asked to put assignments in specific channels. It would be nice to be able to edit the channel in which an assignment resides

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. assign members to public channels

I need to have channels for various work groups. These channels need to have members assigned, but they also need to be able to record their meetings for any members who cannot attend. I do not want everyone to be automatically invited into a meet scheduled for every channel -- just those who are in that work group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There will be an option where team member's may be assigned to Channel/s instead of having access to all.

At the moment, when you add members to a team everybody can view the different channels created within the team. For example I will create a team with 3 members. These members will have access to all channels. I want to add a member (guest) but I want her to be able to access only a certain channel within the team. The only way right now is to add her to the team but she will be able to access everything instead of the specific channel which I want her to access. So I suggest that there will…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The ability to give an assignment to a specific channel

In order to facilitate small group work and literature circles (for example), and a hybrid teaching scenario, the ability to push out an assignment or quiz to one channel within a TEAM would be super helpful. My students’ schedule, combined with their lower proficiency, means I need to push out work for the group that is home, different from the group that is in class. But I also need to keep each class in one TEAM for other purposes. Being able to push something to just one channel with facilitate this type of learning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow assign tasks to private channels, not just general or public ones.

We need the option to assign a specific task to a private channel. We can create smaller groups between a class and assign them to a private channel, but the system doesn't allow to assign them tasks on these private channels. We also need the ability to schedule meetings in this private channels.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Assign video viewing permissions to multiple groups/channels/people at once.

When assigning viewing permissions to a Stream video, I currently have to assign to one group/person/channel at a time. Each time I have to search for my teams. This is very time consuming. I would like the ability to click multiple check boxes next to my teams without having to search for my teams between each addition.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Obtain the link to a scheduled assignment before it is posted to the channel.

Obtain the link to a scheduled assignment BEFORE it is posted to the channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Orphaned Private Channels Restoration of Channel Permissions

If a private channel becomes orphaned in Teams (and or other linked services Planner, SPOL) and there are no members/or owners evident. Global admins do not currently have the ability to assign new members/owners of that private channel. Please enable this functionality.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Create from existing" takes ALL data with it!

When you create an assignment “from existing” the options for “Post assignment notifications to this channel” go back to the default “general” channel, even if you’ve changed your default settings AND even if you had the channel changed in the original assignment you used when you selected “create from existing.”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Teams kid-friendly, nice looking, and organized... looks too business-like.

• Each channel should have a "home page" where info regarding the particular topic can be provided. Teacher should be able to change color, font, add pictures and links, graphic organizers, etc. This should appear first to students, not "conversations".

• Each channel should have its own "assignments" tab. Makes it easy for students to stay organized by topic. This would make it more organized than Google Classroom (a big complaint).

• Allow teacher to select what he or she wants the student to see when they first open Teams. This way, the student starts on the correct topic (channel
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have the option to edit an assignment that was posted to multiple channels apply to multiple channels

Have the option to edit an assignment that was posted to multiple channels apply to multiple channels, and not just that single assignment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Assignmentos to specific channels

The new feature that allows one to send the notification of an assignment to a channel is really useful, thanks. But there is still the need to be able to post assignments to specific channels. When the team is a classroom, we have many teachers working with different subjects and each teacher has their channel. The only thing that gets all mixed up is the assignments tab. When I want to correct an assignment, I have a hard time finding it amongst all of the other subjects' assignments. It would be so much easier…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "My Tasks" in Microsoft Teams

We are able to discretely split Planner into sections through the Channels in Teams by adding a Planner tab - but there is no way to see all assigned tasks across channels within Teams (like you have in the Planner app).

If I access My Tasks in Planner, I can see my tasks that actually sit in these channels, but not through the main plan, which means I need to access my Channel tasks in Teams, but go into Planner to see all of my tasks in one place.

Not easy to describe, I hope this makes…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change the channel an assignment is posted to AFTER it is posted

If you can't add the functionality to post assignments to multiple classes in custom channels (and just auto-create the channel if missing), then at least give us the option to change the channel an assignment notifies to after it has been added (it is another hacked together solution but at least it will give us the flexibility we need while you sort it out properly). All this rigidity around where you want assignments posted means you are alienating the core of teachers who are experienced with collaborating/sharing assignments on a teaching platform.

Most teachers after some…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assignments/Grades per subject per cycle

My suggestion is including the option to add assignments/grades to other channels in the class teams, not just in the general channel. I was having a hard time organizing my grades for different subject areas. It would be nice to be able to create a channel just for, let's say, math, and add assignments and grades there. It would be even more awesome if in the future there could be a way to organize those assignments and grades by cycles. We have 4 cycles each school semester. So thats 4 separate cycles for various subject…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assignments

can you make it so people can see all of the assignments at once even on different channels please. this would be very helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Channel selection when posting to multiple classes

When assigning to multiple classes, allow teachers to post to the same channel within each class (i.e., Chapter 1 channel)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base