Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn Off Private Chat Option

It would be nice to have an option to turn off the private chat. Students are constantly distracted by the temptation and spend a large portion chatting rather than doing their assignments.

191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alphabetize students by last name

Please alphabetize students by LAST names as they enter to help with attendance. Thank you

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to pause/turn off meeting chat

I would like to disable & enable the chat function attached to a recurring meeting (or a past meeting). Students use the chat all hours and I can't be there to moderate.

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Returned assignments should show up as "Graded" or as "Needs Revised."

When I return an assignment to a student for any reason, it just says "Returned." There should be an easy way for the student to see if the assignment has been "Graded" or if it "Needs Revised" so that the student knows there is more they need to do.

181 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. People with hands raised should be listed in the order they raised their hands, not alphabetically

In accordance with Robert's Rules of Order, I would like it if people who raised their hands were listed in the order that they raised their hands, so that I can take questions or comments in the order that they arose. I have noticed meeting organizers sometimes give undue attention to people whose names come first in the alphabet because of the way the names are listed currently.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to rotate and zoom in on images submitted in the assignments tab

When students upload images of their work under the assignments tab, make it possible for the teacher to be able to rotate and zoom in on the image within Teams. Without having to download it to their computer.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Localization of Microsoft Teams in Albanian language

Dear Sir/Madame,

I’m writing on behalf of the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation of the Republic of Kosovo, regarding the localization of Office 365 and apps in Albanian language.

Some of the apps in Office 365, such as Outlook are already translated and available in Albanian language, but our request is for Microsoft Teams to be localized in Albanian language.

FYI: the region of South East Europe including countries: Kosovo, Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia have around 7 million citizens who’s mother tongue is Albanian.

In this time of Corona Virus we are facing the language difficulties…

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams Meetings split screen with interpreter when screen sharing.

When we are doing a Teams Meeting with students who are deaf or hearing impaired, they pin the interpreter to keep them on their screen. This is works great, but when a screen is shared the screen takes over the whole space. The interpreter and other participants are small and in the bottom of the screen. This doesn't allow the student to still clearly see the interpreter. While live captioning is great, when content is being shared from a classroom, students struggle to read and follow the content that quickly. Having a dedicated space on the screen to see the…

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto-save Quiz, Have Quiz timer and auto submit the form when timer ends

If we have a timed quiz in Teams, the student has no option of knowing how much time is left. When the deadline passes, the student has no option of submitting the form and looses all points.

1. There should be a visible timer / clock showing how much time is left before submission

2. If the student has the form open, at the end of the clock, the form should be auto submitted with the answers that were already given/selected

3. There should be an auto save option for the form, in case the student needs to reload the page/looses connectivity, so…

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow us to delete items (files) in the share screen for general meetings.

Allow us to delete the numerous files listed in the share screen for general meeting (I'm not referring to chats).

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unmuting a student

I love the 'mute all' option, but working with young kids, it is sometimes difficult for them to find the unmute button. It would be helpful as a teacher to be able to unmute a student.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pin Posts in Channel

Enable posts to be pinned within a channel, so that the pinned post is the first one seen when a member goes to that channel.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Record the whiteboard during a live meeting

During a live Teams meeting, you can use the Whiteboard, but it doesn't record. For classroom purposes, this makes it difficult for students who go back to watch the lesson later. They can't see what was done on the Whiteboard.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need option that can switch record modes from organizer to participants.

Need option to switch record modes. Organizers should have the option to easily control who end up on recordings for meetings. Its not always that you need 9 faces on the screen especially as a teacher I need to have recordings that I can share with students if they missed my session with only me as the presenter on the screen. There should be some type of toggle that should easily control the outgoing recorded video.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quiz form - the number of points should not be limited to integers

In quiz form, the number of points should not be limited to integers. There is often need to use 0.5 points or 1.5 points ... to appropriately assess the answer. I think, many users would appreciate such change.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Attach file to feedback (screen recording, video)

I often provide video feedback to my students using a screenrecording app. It would be good if I could attach this file to the feedback, rather than emailing it separately.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Ability to Schedule Future Posts in the Conversation Tab

I would love to be able to schedule posts ahead of time and have them show up in Teams at a specific time. I tried to see if I could facilitate this through MS Flow but no luck.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show who mutes or remove a participant

Show who mutes or remove a participant during the meeting.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I really need a class calendar! This way my whole class would be able to quickly see what is coming up for the month or view important dates

If my class could see one calendar that I control, it would help the students and the parents stay on track.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base