Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to record meetings in private channels

Holding meetings in private channels is really useful (students don't need to know when instructional staff is meeting), but I want the ability to record them like I can in a general channel. Recording 1-1 meetings would also be helpful to international students who could then review them.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. assignment tab

On the top tabs, I'd like the ability to change the order of the 4 tabs: conversations, files, class notebook, and assignments. I'd like students to see "Assignments" first instead of seeing all the mess of "Conversations" when they first click on our team.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. maak een "maak je eigen code" pagina

maak in microsoft teams een pagina, die alleen beschikbaar is voor groep, zodat we een eigen code in die groep kunnen maken.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I really need a class calendar! This way my whole class would be able to quickly see what is coming up for the month or view important dates

If my class could see one calendar that I control, it would help the students and the parents stay on track.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reply to messages under the Chat Tab

I want to be able to reply to messages just like in the teams chats under the General Chat Tab.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add or share assignment to multiple classes / teams

It would be awesome to be able to share the same assignment with multiple teams. As it is, I have to copy/paste my assignment multiple times - sometimes as many as twenty!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Attach file to feedback (screen recording, video)

I often provide video feedback to my students using a screenrecording app. It would be good if I could attach this file to the feedback, rather than emailing it separately.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow for planner to be a tab in a private channel

We love the new feature to have private channels within a team although at the moment we aren't able to add a Planner as a tab within a private channel. This would be great otherwise a few of our team members need to create a separate team in order to achieve this.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't create an email address when I create a new Team

I have dozens and dozens of Teams...and we are going to create many more. Stop with the email addresses already! They never get used for anything useful and clog up the directory and confuse users. Let me turn off the email creation, or otherwise deactivate the email address automatically that is created. The default should be no working email address.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Late Assignment Submission Notification

Hello,

Thanks for allowing resubmission. As a teacher I would like to be notified when a student submits an assignment after a scheduled deadline. This would help with knowing when students resubmit assignments after deadlines and when students have submitted work late.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a hyperlink library in files

In teams, I'd like to be able to post a list of links that can be accessed right from Teams. At this point, I have to create a Word Doc with hyperlinks on it then upload that to the Files tab. When my team tries to open the links, they have to open it in Sharepoint instead of the link going straight to the web.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Building Assignments in Teams

I used Classroom last school year and loved building assignments with this tool. There are many features found in Classroom that allowed teachers to build assignments easily and effectively that are not in TEAMS. Teachers need to be able to:

1. Link Notebook pages to the assignment.

2. Search for videos and resources to link to assignments from Teams like it was able to do so in Classroom.

3. Share assignments with other Teams. To have to replicate assignments per Team for the courses taught is not practical.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

This is partially done. :)

Item 1 and 3 exist.
    I will follow up on number 2 and provide a status soon.

-Warren

14. Month View in Assignment Area

In addition to the week view, it would be awesome to also have the option to view by month.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to assign assignments to channels - supporting differentiated instruction

Make channels available when assigning assignments to student populations within a team. Many teachers use channels within a team to differentiate instruction. This would make the assignment procedure much more efficient.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow me to enter Location or Activity when updating status

Status Location
    Allow me to enter a location or activity in addition to selecting a 'status' like in Skype.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add multiple students at the same time using a semicolon

When setting up a new class notebook, I can add multiple students when I separate my students usernames with a semicolon. This doesn't work in Teams, I have to add users one at a time. This is tedious when I have several classes of 45-50 students. I already have a trick I use to speed this up but it uses the semicolon separation functionality.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. People have no idea what sharepoint is. Stop confusing us with view in sharepoint.

once we get to sharepoint it is massively confusing. I have never used a service more confusing than a sharepoint site that no one knows exists except through links to the exact location. You're losing people with this horrible structure.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow to split meeting in separate sessions (breakout rooms)

For online trainnings, we wish to allow to split a meeting into separate sessions. The meeting host can choose to split the participants of the meeting into these separate sessions automatically or manually and can switch between sessions at any time.

The teacher can host a meeting for all classroom and divide sub meetings for students work in small groups and after that they can return to main meeting with all students.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Delete past Team chats in chat mode (both sender and receiver chats).

Chats should not be never-ending storage of a chat, and we should be able to delete individual chats as instructors or keep them ( both the sender and receiver chat). I realize we can delete our own, but we need the option to delete both our own as well as the students. We should have that option.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base