Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teacher Upload Student's Assignment

Teachers should be able to upload a student's work that has been submitted via an alternate method (e.g. email or even a scan of a paper copy) to the review section in Teams. This allows for teachers to store all information about an assignment in one place. It will also remove the annoying calculation of those who have and haven't handed the work in, which to an external eye makes it look like students aren't completing work.

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent student from leaving a class team

We should be able to lock Team / Office 365 group in such way that students can't leave the team.

This needs to be considered from both an IT-pro as well as team owner perspective

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pin Posts in Channel

Enable posts to be pinned within a channel, so that the pinned post is the first one seen when a member goes to that channel.

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show who mutes or remove a participant

Show who mutes or remove a participant during the meeting.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need option that can switch record modes from organizer to participants.

Need option to switch record modes. Organizers should have the option to easily control who end up on recordings for meetings. Its not always that you need 9 faces on the screen especially as a teacher I need to have recordings that I can share with students if they missed my session with only me as the presenter on the screen. There should be some type of toggle that should easily control the outgoing recorded video.

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to rotate and zoom in on images submitted in the assignments tab

When students upload images of their work under the assignments tab, make it possible for the teacher to be able to rotate and zoom in on the image within Teams. Without having to download it to their computer.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. All assignments at a glance

Instead of having to search for the assignments in each subject, it would be useful to have a list for the students of all the future deadlines of the assignments (In a chronological order), so they can see at a glance what they need to do next.

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Submitting of a task on a restricted network

Can Microsoft make it possible to let users deliver tasks on a restricted network (when taking tests/exams) while access to chat/files (and such) in the Teams app still is restricted/unaccessable?

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Record the whiteboard during a live meeting

During a live Teams meeting, you can use the Whiteboard, but it doesn't record. For classroom purposes, this makes it difficult for students who go back to watch the lesson later. They can't see what was done on the Whiteboard.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Attendance list

When downloading the attendance list, it would be nice if the first and last name were separated into their own column. This would allow the teacher to sort by either first name or last name making it much faster and easier to take attendance. This would allow for more instruction time with the students as every minute is important.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I really need a class calendar! This way my whole class would be able to quickly see what is coming up for the month or view important dates

If my class could see one calendar that I control, it would help the students and the parents stay on track.

186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Attach file to feedback (screen recording, video)

I often provide video feedback to my students using a screenrecording app. It would be good if I could attach this file to the feedback, rather than emailing it separately.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show the time stamp when assignments are turned in even after "returning" the assignment.

It appears Teams was just updated to allow the teacher to "return" an assignment to a student either before or after grading. This is a great, and much needed feature. However, the timestamp showing when an assignment was originally turned in now disappears. So, if I have a student turn an assignment in late and then I return the assignment back to the student with their grade, I can no longer see the original turn in time or date. The reason this is a problem is because I have often used that timestamp to clear up disputes with students who…

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Annotation toolbar

Integrate annotation toolbar for any participant to draw when the screen is sharing

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete past Team chats in chat mode (both sender and receiver chats).

Chats should not be never-ending storage of a chat, and we should be able to delete individual chats as instructors or keep them ( both the sender and receiver chat). I realize we can delete our own, but we need the option to delete both our own as well as the students. We should have that option.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Access to Meetings Options when creating a Meeting

Seems to be that you can only change the options for a meeting once it has been created and scheduled.

Please make them available when creating the meeting.

Especially useful if you're using Meet Now for a classroom of children, and you don't want all of them to be a Presenter.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Ability to Schedule Future Posts in the Conversation Tab

I would love to be able to schedule posts ahead of time and have them show up in Teams at a specific time. I tried to see if I could facilitate this through MS Flow but no luck.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Quiz form - the number of points should not be limited to integers

In quiz form, the number of points should not be limited to integers. There is often need to use 0.5 points or 1.5 points ... to appropriately assess the answer. I think, many users would appreciate such change.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mute all default in Classroom Teams

Once Teams is synced with the student information system the class Teams should default to Mute all and give the teacher the ability to unmute once digital citizenship is taught. This is a great what to teach students how to behave digitally.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base