Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharing Screens in Teams

In my organization we are converting from skype for business to teams. in skype we can share our screens without being on a skype call. In teams, in order to share our screens we have to be on a call in teams. It would be nice to be able to share our screen in teams without having to be on a call, similar to the way we can in skype.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move conversations between channels

Please allow an admin (or a channel admin) to move a conversation from one channel to another one, in case it goes off-topic / not relevant to others.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unpost assignment

There are many cases where I'd like to "unpost" an assignment. Perhaps I want to accept late work, or maybe I just accidentally clicked the post button. There needs to be a very easy way to unpost assignments for the whole class or for individuals

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. create links in Teams Files

It is not possible to create a saved Web Link in the Teams view of files but it is possible to create a web Link in the Sharepoint view of Teams Files. When the link is clicked on in Sharepoint, the link works. In the Teams view a link just tries to download a file.

Could web Links be made to work the same in the Teams view of Files as in the Sharepoint view of the same files.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to delete or rename the channel named General.

I want to rename this channel but it won't let me. I don't want it to be named that way.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reply to a reply...

To keep better context in the conversation, we need to be able to reply to a reply - and have that appear directly under the initial reply (at least one level). Example: Facebook does this.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PDF files in Assignments

The types of files that can be viewed in assignments is very limiting. Many times my students are submitting assignments in PDF format and I then have to download every assignment individually to view it and grade it. It would be much simpler if Assignments could preview PDFs.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. assignment materials

When students click on Office assignment reference materials (word doc, ppt, excel, etc.) open a new editable document that automatically save to the student's OneDrive.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft Teams- Straight to Assignments

Our school is utilizing Teams. We would like for the Home Screen within Teams to be Assignments rather than Conversations. We also would like for the Calendar to show the whole month (not just a week). Unless students are actively looking for the assignments, they won't see something due the next week.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When starting a new chat, it should be possible to select groups of students and teachers.

Now we must choose students one and one. We have many groups of students in Office365 that should be available in the chat function. When we add new members to a Team we can use these groups.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Default File Sorting

I cannot find how to change the default file sorting. Currently it defaults to time uploaded. Whilst I would much prefer to sort it by title of file.

I spend time ensuring that all my files have good filenames so that they sort. I cannot find how to change this default.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "student view" so teachers can see what students see for their assignment etc.

ability for teachers to go into "student view" to see what the assignment etc looks like for their students.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow the owner to delete messages

giving the team owner full delete/edit privilege will allow for the team to focus on the correct topic and allow for misplaced messages to be deleted by the team owner, also when deleting a message remove the visual display of "This message was deleted to allow the channel to flow better

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Printing student assignments

With some assignments, teachers would like to print off student work. However, the steps are very cumbersome. For example, with Word documents, the teacher needs to open each document in the Word (Client) and print the document from there. In Microsoft Classroom, there were less steps to print. If there was an option where a teacher could print off an entire class' assignment from within a single screen, that would be very beneficial.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I really need a class calendar! This way my whole class would be able to quickly see what is coming up for the month or view important dates

If my class could see one calendar that I control, it would help the students and the parents stay on track.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to be able to add an assignment to multiple classes at a time

I want to be able to add an assignment to multiple classes at a time

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create own Teams Icon

Please allow people to upload their own image for icons for Teams. If a teacher has multiple teams in a learning area eg English having 4 Teams with the same Shakespeare image does not help quick recognition. The system to upload an icon for the Office 365 Accounts would be perfect!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notifications

Rather than having notifications control for "Mentions," "Messages," and "Other," we need to have control of notifications from each Team we may be on and for each channel. I am part of 10 different Teams, but only 3 of them are vital to my day-to-day work. It would be wonderful if I could control how I receive notifications for those and see them based not only on Favorites and current Settings but if I could customize for each team and collaboration.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open multiple instances/windows

Please allow the ability to open multiple instances of teams. This will help alleviate some of the back and forth click, and breaking of workflow, especially when working on something, and chatting with a colleague.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blinking Notification on Teams Taskbar

When receiving a IM message within Teams, it would be nice for one of the settings to be a blinking notification in the task bar after the original message pops on the screen. Similar to Skype for Business, it would draw my attention to the fact that I have a pending message. It would be nice for that to be a feature under each notification section so someone could turn that on and be alerted with a blinking update notification.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moodle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Schools and Universities

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.