Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. send attachment to private channel (s)

Teacher here. Would love to be able to send attachments files for students to work in groups (channels)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chat or message waiting room

I would love to be able to communicate with people in the waiting room. When I am working with a student in a meeting and someone joins, it would be nice to be able to acknowledge them and let them know someone will be with them shortly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sync Teams Graded Assignments with ATLAS portal - Fresno Unified.

Same idea as the posting "Sync grading in teams assignements with eschool plus grading" but to the ATLAS portal. Eliminate extra steps and promote more teacher use of Teams with classrooms and students to turn in assignments more promptly because the updated grades will reflect on their student portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enbable Request Control for the organizer without the attendee sharing their screen

I would like to be able to Take control of a student's screen without them having to screen their screen first. Some very young users can not even find the screen screen option so that I can take control to support them in completing the task they are having difficulty with. Example: Walking students through the many places to click to log in to an assessment system. It literally took 20-25min to log some students in because they could no share their screen so I could take control and just do the clicking for them. As an organizer, I should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. hide class notebook section

Please add a feature that allows teachers to hide sections/section groups of the Class Notebook, similar to the way we can hide a channel. This will allow us to preload content for upcoming lessons and units.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. To have more people in view on Computers!

To be able to see more than 9 people on a large scale device! At least 50.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. call all participants in team at once

I am a teacher and when kids don't show up to our meeting times, I have to individually call each one... I would love a feature where it calls ALL participants from the class at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable a feature to schedule meetings in hidden rooms

You can schedule meetings in Teams and in a general room, but not in the channels that connect to them. Please add this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Return to original meeting interface so you don't have to use 2 your screens in meetings to navigate channels, chats.

The new interface that opens up meetings in a new window SUCKS. It forces me to use both my screens to be in a meeting. One with the live meeting and the other to navigate channels, chats, and/or other activities during a meeting. I'd much prefer the old interface that minimized the live chat in the upper left hand corner while allowing for navigating teams. Also, whose BRIGHT idea was it to put the navigation pane in the right margin in MS Word...BAD IDEA!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Codes For Admins

Please add a Join With a Code feature for Administrators to conduct walk-throughs for evaluations on teachers. This way they can join with Owner Rights, and unenroll themselves when they have completed the evaluation.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base