Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. iPhone app features

Can you update the iPhone app so that we can approve pending members of groups?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. duplicate/copy feature and sync feature of MS team calendar to outlook calendar

The calendar in MS Teams would be good if it has a duplicate/copy feature so i can copy similar calendar to another day.
    Please also consider sync function that we can sync to outlook calendar. Pls also have sync contacts from MS Team to Outlook contact as I cannot invite my students for meeting in outlook. I have to do it in MS Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to be able to pin myself so that I can see a large view of myself when I am presenting.

I am utilizing my background as a word wall, but I cannot see what I am pointing to because I cannot enlarge my own screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show active assignments

In the assignments section, there should be a list of all assignments that have not already been turned in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create an "add viewer/observer" option. So that we can add admin, para-educator, etc without the owner ability to accidental delete or move

Create an "add viewer/observer" option. So that we can add admin, para-educators, SEL or behavior therapists to come in and go with ease but without them having owner abilities like accidentally deleting, moving or changing settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set up quizzes and record answers

It would be good if quizzes with multiple choice answers could be set up in Teams and students' answers could be recorded for grading purposes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow the students to make video and audio call to eachother.

I think that we should be able to call eachother due to the fact that not only is school for learning but also for socializing. The coronavirus is currently making it impossible for us to go into the school building which then we could socialize,but we cant so we should call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Folders in Assignments

It would be nice to be able to create a folder within the Teams' assignments. For example, in the assignments in a student's Math Team, it would help with organization to be able to create a "Fractions Unit" folder that all of his/her assignments for that specific unit could go into.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a feature that will mute all mics of students until the presenter turns it on.

The students should not be able to unmute their mics. The presenter should be the only one given those administrative rights.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Returning to a document

When working on a doc in Files, if I go to another tab, eg to respond to a message, I have to open the document all over again. I'd like to be able to return to the document I am working on easily - a backspace? Return to document option on a button? 'Recent documents' option under files, would be ok too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mention who is speaking and make the name visible even if we talk, in a box below.

It is somewhat hard to see who is making some noises and also make our name visible if we talk because we can not know if our voice is audible or not. This can be useful when group discussion and also helps in finding out who is making the noise. This can be shown in a box below and don't show more than 5 people who are talking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I not like this app😡😡😡😡😡

I not like this .I am very angry this app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Students are not paying attention in class please do something as we cannot keep an eye on them the whole time, any feature which wont allow

Please do something about the app, only make it accessible during classes as students misusing it to have personal conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. locking the files

please add option in files in Teams to lock it so that it cannot be modified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Emoticons should be more professionally orientated

Emoticons should be less generic and more based on the requirements of a professional environment. I am referring to those which are linked to posts in the chat. They should represent - I agree in principle, I strongly agree, this point should be actionable, I disagree, this needs more discussion, laugh (to inject a human element!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base