Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Forms request

It would be nice to be able to use branching and sections.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the search feature in the OneDrive option in Teams.

I love that I can access my OneDrive file from inside of teams, but one of the features that I use the most is missing, which is search. When I search from the top "search" bar it seems to only display results from any team files and not my OneDrive, so it would seem that we need an new search bar specifically for OneDrive, or display OneDrive items from the existing search option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Log in fails

When we try to log in with our institutional mail it fails plenty of times. It is hard to use the apps since we can't log in all the time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LMS integration (Moodle, ...)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a back button!

As a team, we edit many files in a day. It would be super helpful if there was a back button so that when you're navigating for certain doc and find yourself in the wrong folder, you can easily back out a level without going all the way back to the main Teams screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a back button!

As a team, we edit many files in a day. It would be super helpful if there was a back button so that when you're navigating for certain doc and find yourself in the wrong folder, you can easily back out a level without going all the way back to the main Teams screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need to be able to clone teams

I teach several classes per year group & would like a Team per class.
    I can't seem to find a way to clone a team so that all the resources etc are pushed out to the other classes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More control over what posts to conversations

I don't want my conversation feed to automatically have assignments posted. I feel like students tapping on the assignment channel is enough. Conversation should be for discussion and questions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Excel leaves imported from the task results, like the ones from Forms

The Excel leave created with the task results on Teams are with comas, so we have to work on the to have a useful information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great to be able to change the color when assigning task to easily identify who it is assigned to or to categorize via color on

It would be great to be able to change the color when assigning task to easily identify who it is assigned to or to categorize via color on the full Schedule Calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. text messages for heterogeneous teams

We have teams comprised of people that will not deal with chat app as their first communication with team. Integrating the ability to text the team as a contact number or the team sending out notifications as texts to members that want texts is a bridge for the type of teams we work with. For example: we have farmers that we collaborate with on research projects. They are not wanting to have a Teams app, guest permissions, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make markdown Code Blocks wrap lines

When sending a code snippet, especially one with long lines, make it so that you can wrap text within the message bubble.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tabs & Tags

1. Add tabs, so that I can have chat screens open at the same time as assignments and so on.

2. Allow students to tag each other in assignments so that group assignments are coupled to all involved students, without all of them having to upload it seperately.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable tabs or windows in Teams so that you can open more than a single file at the same time

Microsoft Teams is far too limited to single-use - you can't have more than one file from Teams open at the same time. Of course, you can open Teams in a or several tabs in your browser, but hat is just a work-around. Also, you sometimes need to be able to look at files or information in one Team and work in another Team. That isn't possible today, wiothout any workarounds.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cannot delete wiki page

I could not delete the wiki page. It comes up automatically when I delete it ... It seems there has be at least ONE page when you first use the function ...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rubric not loading Properly

When grading assignments from the assignments tab and immediately clicking on Review you see all assignments that need to be graded. In order to use the rubric this way you can only use the drop down menus. It will not pop out so you can view the entire rubric....you only see a blank white screen.

You can however go into each assignments details and then review it. The rubric will work then.
    Please fix the rubric full view when grading so it does not blank the screen out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. instead of the collaboration space, I realy like to have a section from the Content Library in every Channel.

When a new channel stands for a new subject in my lessons, I want to share my content in the content library, not in the collaboration space.
    So, it should be very usefull to have a tab in each channel with a section in the content library, instead (or extra?) of the collaboration space.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. forms

The ability to target audiences with Forms based on AD / Security Groups - to ensure that only people from a specific AD group can complete a form for internal surveys (differentiate between staff and students)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In MS Teams in the Assignments section - allow 4 categories to be added Knowledge, Thinking, Communication & Application for one assignment.

In MS Teams in the Assignments section it would be great to allow 4 categories to be added Knowledge, Thinking, Communication & Application for one assignment. In certain subjects in Ontario the category weightings are not equal for each section and thus an overall mark does not make sense to students. Allow for category additions and weightings.
    Thank you! CS teacher Mississauga, ON.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. STOP TELLING ME TO TURN ON DESKTOP NOTIFICATIONS

STOP TELLING US TO TURN ON DESKTOP NOTIFICATIONS. YOU ASK EVERY TIME I OPEN YOUR STUPID WEBSITE AND EVERY SINGLE ******* TIME I SAY NO. WE DON'T WANT YOUR STUPID NOTIFICATIONS ON OUR DESKTOP. STOP DOING IT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base