Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow posts to multiple teams a one time as you do with assignments

I would like to be able to make a post o all my teams (classes) at one time. Generally if I am posting something for one team, I want to share it with everyone (warm up, reminder, resource) You allow this with assignments but not with posts in the stream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to be able to add a web link to a post for students as I can in googleclassroom

I would like to be able to add a link to a post in a classroom to direct students to a resource or activity on the web, I often use these as quick warm ups or resources. I have included a snipit to show what I am referring to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. teams updates notifications on computer

On the phone the app works just as I want. But on the computer there isnt even an option to turn teams updates off, and that is where I want to turn it off!

If I have been notified of an update once, please do not show me again! I keep getting a notification about "read receipts" and I can not make it go away from the screen. I cant work if I keep getting that notification, it is in the way!

Please add a function so I can turn off the teams updates notifications on computer!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. log in cod

make a code so people can enter easly from their laptops to their phones without entering an email and password

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Team owners should have the ability to temporarily close groups when not in use.

Team owners should have the ability to put a Team to 'sleep' (NOT hide) when not in use. For example this could apply to teachers who use a team for a virtual classroom, but once that session is over, there is no need for members (students) to communicate via that team until the next lesson. So being able to temporarily close a team to any chat/video would be beneficial

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Help

I don't get any notifications of anything at all, so it would be nice if I get notified when something is posted. The interface is very confusing and unorganized. Please fix it as it makes it very hard to deal with online classes with all what's going on now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be super helpful to be able create assignments in teams, but then choose which time the assignment goes live to the students.

It would be super helpful to be able create assignments in teams, but then choose which time the assignment goes live to the students. Google Classroom has this function and it would be nice to see it here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Graded category collapsed

In Assignments view, the Graded category is always collapsed, so that, instead of simply scrolling through all assignments, I must stop and click to open the category and then keep scrolling. Since there is no way to organize or sort manually, continuous scrolling would be very helpful when scanning through the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need a sticky Back button in Assignments

The Back button in Assignments view does not stick to the top of the screen. It wastes time to scroll up after reviewing assignments

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Raphaël

Pouvoir changer la messagerie vocale

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Real Tabs or Windows

It is nearly impossible to make efficient progress grading or creating assignments if I must also monitor chat and messaging activity, because as soon as I click on the message, the assignment section loses its place. With 5 classes and 120 students, I don't always remember exactly where I was, and even if I did, I lose time clicking through and scrolling to the class/assignment I was in the middle of working on. I need either: instances of Teams in different windows OR tabs that remember their positions. This is adding actual hours to my work time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Is it possible that we can enrol students to invididual channels within a team. Our staff would like teams to be at the course level e.g.

Is it possible that we can enrol students to invididual channels within a team via SDS

Our staff would like teams to be at the course level e.g. Biology.
    But then to have the sync add students to the right channel within that.

e.g.
    Team -> Biology (Code: CAASBLG)

Class -> Biology (Code:CAASBLG) -> Channel (CAASBLG/1GA)

Cheers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. there should be a schedule

there should be a schedule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base