Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Marking on a Smartphone

Is it possible to have the facility to mark on a Smartphone. The reason I would like to do this is so that I can use the speech-recognition facility on my phone and speak directly into the Feedback box. Alternatively, is it possible to have the 'dictate' feature pop up when typing feedback into the box on Assignments. Either/both would be a great help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expanding and contracting menu in teams online Class Notebook

I would like to be able to view expanded or collapsed sub pages of sections in my Teams Class Notebook. Currently, this feature is only available when my students open their class notebook in the desktop/local version of OneNote. This would aide my students who may have difficulties with organization and/or visual challenges. It would significantly reduce the visual clutter. It would also demonstrate to the students organization of content and increase more effective navigation of the Class Notebook tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneNote task tag Search in browser and App version, like Desktopversion

Like searching task tasks in the desktop version of OneNote, create this option in browser and tablet app version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Integrate InspectorQ with Teams

I like to integrate InspectorQ.net to Teams. How can i do it?. the tool serve to create exams and have my own questions bank. it's a key for me like instructor for several academies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Camera

Make it possible to pause the camera with a view of the person without having to turn the camera off and then back on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Standard v. Non-Standard Apps

Could you separate standard v. non-standard apps when adding an app in Teams? In other words, separate them so users know which ones require an account or lisc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't view large rubrics on Android app

I have started using rubrics with my assignments. One that is particularly wordy cannot be viewed properly on the Android app. The top few boxes are available to see, but it is not possible to scroll down and see the entire rubric. This goes for viewing it after feedback has been given too. Can this be fixed so the pupils can scroll down through the rubric to see the whole thing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Planner on single sign-on (SSO)

Hey, it's time to fix some bugs like "Planner on single sign-on (SSO)", known issue since 2017!!!
    It's really annoying.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/known-issues#authentication

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Invert Conversation Board

Due to social media conditioning us that the newest/most important stuff is at the top of the page, I think it would be helpful if the conversation board updated from the top down instead of from the bottom. I have students not checking for notifications at the bottom of the conversation. They always want to look at the top. This would help me in making sure my students actually SEE the things I am sending them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. makerspace classroom (3D Printer support)

Structure Teams to support a makerspace classroom. A start would be to add the following two apps:
    -a very easy 3d rendering program that kids can use to easily build/tweak a model from existing elements
    -an app that allows their finished model to be queued within teams, allowing the teacher (who has access to the 3d printer) to systematically print their models from the team app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teacher's Messages

An educator's message on Conversations needs to be more highlighted to show importance. I suggest a "Teacher's message" box on the top right corner of the conversations window or a tab that pops up automatically when the learners open a Team which shows them what the teachers has sent on Conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow the class notebook tab to be removed

Although OneNote makes sense for many classes, I wish I could remove the tab when I have no interest of using it for a specific team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ]

Can I buy your company for 1 dollar candian

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Status update via notification area icon

Be able to update status via notification area icon. We got this functionality in Skype for Business and be good to have it on Teams too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add member to another Team via Manage Team

We have students are in different teams for different projects/events.

If at "Manage Team" i could add student to another team, this would speed up the team creation process.

Currently, i need to type in student's email address or name. This is quite tedious.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Anotation des documents

Je suis en train de consulter des fichiers dans mon équipe sur MS Teams, et j'avais besoin de commenter le document : ça serait chouette de pouvoir y mettre des commentaires, comme on le fait dans un document Word ou un PDF. Ca permet d'échanger sur un même doc avec tout le monde, directement dans Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. hi

hi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to toggle email notification

The emails for my school chat are overwhelming my inbox. The options to turn this on and off would be appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simple file upload API

I'd like a simple API endpoint that I can just PUT a file to and have it added (or updated) to the team.

The use case is that I have a diagram that is updated once an hour that contains some information relevant to a project.

Currently that file is emailed to the relevant people.

I want to upload that file automatically into teams without having to use the full blown sharepointAPI so that it's available for all team members.

Using the sharepoint API is undesirable because it needs my own credentials to create the bearer token needed for the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base