Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windowed Screenshare

Be able to pop out the screen share or presentation to another window instead of locking it within the Teams window

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. a calender

a calendar for teachers to post when meetings are, when assignments are due and when tests are

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. video chatting

if a student needs to ask there teacher a question and he/she is not available they can ask there classmates/friends

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When showing a contact record, provide a way to copy-email-address to clipboard.

We have to report some things using student email as an identifier. Presently have to:
    - Go to chat tab
    - click on each participant's name
    - highlight just their email (not the other text)
    - hit ctrl-C

It'd be nice to have a button there to copy the email addr to the clipboard. [I'd like to not have to deal with email addresses... but that' s not my call]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need Hardware: Possible pen mouse to help us write clearly on your whiteboard etc

1) Need hardware. Mouse is horrible to write with on whiteboard. A more accurate pen mouse maybe.
    2) Need additional resources on interface like more tools to work with. Example tool to adjust line thickness, grids (I'm a math teacher etc.) Something similar to a smartboard interface that can possibly allow you to add tools.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When you finish an assignment, please take off from my feed

When an assignment is done, it should disappear from my feed
    When an assignment is in progress, is should have that label
    It makes it easier because i have trouble knowing what assignments i have done, and which ones you i have not or are currently doing.
    I know I’m not the only one with this problem. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More notifications for single team

Perhaps allowing there to be a way to notify of a called meeting that is starting, with, of course, a way to disable it.
    Separate from normal notifications, and also can notify depending on who is starting the call.
    So if people are messaging, I don't get notifications. But if I call is starting, and starting by the teacher, then I get a notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pop up menu to select a Team

Provide a pop-up menu list of your teams when you hover over the Teams icon on the left menu (me space?). Then I could switch back and forth between teams without having to return to the Teams page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. See Multiple Students on the Screen in Teams at Once

As educators in challenging times, being able to see our students is critical. Many of the teachers in my district prefer that "other" platform because they can see more students on the screen at once. If you could make it so we could see more than 4, it would be AMAZING!! With regards to ease of use, recording, connecting with other Microsoft products and protecting the security of our students you win hands down. This is just one feature that could be improved upon tremendously! Thank you, a Tired Teacher

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Once an assignment has passed its turn in date, it should be moved into a different category. New assignments take priority on the list

The assignments at the moment are all muddled up and it's very difficult for the children to see the NEW assignment thats been set. New assignments don't even go to the end of the list, it's just random. So there should be a category for previous (turned in) assignments and then a category for new assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. teams with new messages more obvious or brought to top of list

teams with new messages more obvious or brought to top of list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ability to edit your messages

multiple times I have made grammar and spelling errors but I'm not able to go back and edit my messages so I suggest a edit feature you can use on your messages similar to discord to prevent spelling and grammar mistakes if they happen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Removing a message

My idea is to have a place in teams where if you send an accidental message you can be allowed to remove it completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. an easy feature to decrease the text size in a normal PC environment, make sure when you upload an assignment the done button is visible

It's seems impossible to decrease the size of the text in the PC app of Teams,

Thus making it impossible to upload more than 2 files.
    Because otherwise the done button is no longer visible.

It would be a lot better if the size of the letters were normal in stead of caption 18

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to make students’ video remain on for duration of the virtual class session

I have an issue with students shutting their video off during our class meetings. I would like the option to make their video remain on for the duration of the session.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. month view

A monthly view in the calendar would be incredibly helpful. I'm very surprised that this simple option doesn't exist. Please add this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base