Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hey,

Hey,

I suggest you add the "share option" of files in a team's channel to another team's channel.

e.g: share files of channel titled "activities" in team-1, to channel titled "activities" in team-2. thus, we avoid uploading them again.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The organizer should be able to see all the participants of the meeting

The organizer can see the students without having t make them speak up so that they can see them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The organizer should be able to see all the participants of the meeting

The organizer can see the students without having t make them speak up so that they can see them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. mer plats

Vi vill ha så att man ser alla när vi pratar med varandra, så att man kan se vem som pratar tydligare, det är bättre om läraren kan se oss alla samtidigt och inte bara ett få antal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 'We Space' Organisation

In the Teams homepage can there be more headers so we can organise our Teams better? There is a section for 'Your Teams' and 'Hidden Teams' but I'd like to be able to organise my Teams into 'My Site Teams', 'PLCs', 'My Classes', etc. so it's easier to find the Team I'm after.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow parents to know about your assignments and avoid computer checking and let the teachers check it themselves when you give a test

Allow parents to know about your assignments and avoid computer checking and let the teachers check it themselves when you give a test from Microsoft Forms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Existe posibilidad de tomar asistencia a través de TEAMS

Sres. Existe la posibilidad de tomar asistencia a través de TEAMS ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. calendar view preference

As a part time student I prefer to see the whole week instead of it defaulting to the 'work week' view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Working days and hours

more flexibility for working days, working hours and weekends

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Assignments View

Add an option that always governs which assignments are visible in the Assignments view, rather than having to click "view more past due" every single time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export Filters

Put filters with the "Export to Excel" feature. For example, date range or fields to be exported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Word in Teams

When I grade work done in a Word document I should be able to open it directly to Word. Currently, you have to click "edit" in order to do so. Sometimes, I just want to quickly read it and post in the response box. Other times, I need to go into each student's document and make changes. Since all the work is the same type, it would be nice to have an easily default to toggle on top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Removed from teams during meetings

My son taking Virtual learning for attending classes.My son who is in primary keeps getting removed from the teams meeting and the message displays " your no longer a member of the team".I need to inform the school IT ,they add him again but alas he is thrown out again.This happens atleast day 10 to 15 times in 4 hours classes.
    We are using an Huwei Tab.Is this causing becoz my other kid attending with similar Android tab has no issues.Evena different login credentials were given.Issue is just the same.Tried to exchange device between my son's,still same issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rename Assignments Tab - Or provide options to choose

The option to rename the Assignments tab so that it is personalised to a given class. e.g. some younger pupils would not refer to these activities as assignments but might use the word 'task' or 'activity.'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MT Desktop Feature

I would like to suggest that the clock in and out feature in Shifts be made available on the desktop version of the app and not just the phone app version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Text box to type or submit work for assignments without needing to upload a word, pdf, image etc.

I would love to see the option for students to be able to type to complete an assignment (journal entry, comprehension questions, etc) on the assignments tab rather than having to upload a word document, pdf, image or file. This would help to bridge the gap for the varying technology that our students may have at home. Some are not able to download programs or apps due to older devices. Others are not capable of saving files and storing them in places where they can easily re-upload them (special ed kiddos, younger grades). If there was a typing box (the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base