Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In the Class Team please add the ability to attach links to videos, sways, forms, and links to Office mixes

As an instructor I would like the ability to link a video, sway, Office mix, and forms that can support my students learning. In Classroom teachers were able to add many of these options. These are vital tools to engage learners.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Cameron responded

We shipped this feature where both teachers and students can add web links

2. Channel meet now - allow meeting options for to control who joins the meeting as presenter or attendee

At the moment our teachers are using the Meet Now feature for their remote lessons. However that does give the students a lot of power over the meeting, as everyone becomes a presenter.

The presenter role can be restricted for a scheduled meeting, and we are looking at building this into the teachers process of running a lesson, but this isn't always possible.

It would be nice to restrict the Presenter role to just Owners from the Team level, and apply that tot all meetings run from that Team.

Or, have an additional policy setting for Presenters in the Teams…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assignments copied to all other classes

In the old Classroom an assignment could be copied to all other or specified classes. This feature would be excellent to have back!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View all assignments in a list

Please give students a possibility to view all assignments in a list view. The five day calendar view they have today is not sufficient.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the feature for removing an attendee from meeting available to any attendee. Make this power available only to organizer.

In Microsoft teams app, every attendee has the power to remove any member of the meeting. This feature is creating a lot of arbitrary misuse and is used as an attempt to crash the meeting. This power should only be available to the organizer.
    Kindly address this issue and make the necessary changes.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The option to allow only the meeting organizer to remove attendees is enabled via presenter & attendee roles:

Presenters can do just about anything that needs doing in a meeting. Attendees have limitations on the actions they can initiate within the meeting, including the following:
    - Present
    - Mute All
    - Remove/Add Users
    - Admit Users from Lobby
    - Start/Stop Recording

For more info, please see the documentation below:
    https://support.office.com/article/roles-in-a-teams-meeting-c16fa7d0-1666-4dde-8686-0a0bfe16e019.

Thanks!

6. Post about an assignment in the conversation area

I would like to be able to post a message about an assignment in the conversation area - very much like one would post about a new tab. Their should be a link in the conversation area linking to the assignment.
    Currently, even if I get the hyperlink and paste it, it does not work.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is available now. With every new assignment students will be notified and a post will be visibile in the conversation stream

7. Include Assignments functionality in the Teams desktop app

Currently you can only view the Assignments tab in the web interface for Teams. This should also be visible in the Teams desktop app

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Assignments functionality is now available on the Teams desktop app. Thanks for your feedback!

8. Locking the Chat function

Provide an option to lock the chat functionality across all teams. There are scenarios where learners need to work independently and where they may not collaborate e.g. during a practical computer applications exam.
    If Microsoft Teams remains as open as it currently is - I'll have to find a way to disable it completely during such times.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, this feature has shipped! Tenant admins can now disable private chat for Microsoft Teams. You’ll start to see it in your Teams immediately.

Here’s how it works:

1. Navigate to the admin portal
    2. Click on “Settings”
    3. Then click on “Services & add-ins”
    4. Then click on “Microsoft Teams”
    5. Here you’ll find your Tenant-wide settings. Click on “Messaging”.
    6. Select the license type you want to configure.
    7. Toggle off “Allow users to chat privately”. This will remove private chat from students. Please allow up to 24 hours for a change in this setting to complete. You can use it selectively enable and disable private chat from any groups of users so long they share a license type.

Thank you for all your help and feedback, please let me know if you have any issues regarding this feature.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

9. Add rubric grading

Please add the ability for teachers to go completely paperless and grade with a rubric when they review student work. This could work by attaching and inking on a Word doc or by clicking boxes inside a table. Otherwise teachers are reduced to highlighting descriptors on paper rubrics and then handing them out.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Downloading/exporting Grades as Excel/CVS Files

It would be great if we can download the assignment grades as an excel file.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the latest update, teachers can export grades from Teams as .CSV files and import that file into their School Information System (SIS) to maintain a single source of truth for student grades. Enjoy!

11. Read-only option

In teams files, can we please have an easy way to mark files uploaded as 'read-only'. I don't want my students to be able to edit the files I am sharing with them, but I also don't want to have to create a pdf of every single document I upload. Also, I have students who open a file and then I can't edit it, so if the file is in read-only, students can't open it and lock it from editing from me.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are excited to share that you can now share files with your students that they can read but not edit using the ‘Class Materials’ folder in your General channel. This is a great way to share documents like syllabi, school rules, and reference materials with the class.

You can learn more about this here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-folders-to-create-read-only-files-for-students-or-other-team-members-0e7791d7-8c9c-4749-9bca-984289477988

12. Need functionality to add a OneNote resource when creating an assignment in iOS Teams app

While on my mobile device (I use iOS, but the suggestion applies to all platforms), I may want to create a page in a Teams-generated OneNote Class Notebook using my mobile OneNote app, then I may want to assign it using my Teams mobile app. I see that I can browse my mobile device's files and my OneDrive, but I can't add a OneNote Class Notebook resource as I can using the Windows laptop version of the Teams app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. the menu interface is very confusing in ITALIAN version, 2 menu are the same but different meaning -> Attività

in the italian version of the interface there are 2 menu with the label "Attività", with dfferent meaning. They are very confusing, because in other language they are very different. It'simportant to fix this bug

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are excited to share that you can now share files with your students that they can read but not edit using the ‘Class Materials’ folder in your General channel. This is a great way to share documents like syllabi, school rules, and reference materials with the class.

You can learn more about this here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-folders-to-create-read-only-files-for-students-or-other-team-members-0e7791d7-8c9c-4749-9bca-984289477988

15. Read only access for a Security Group in Azure AD

I would like to be able to restrict access to the files in the multiple Teams channels to read only. This would allow for our students and the researchers we support to have different levels of access to the files, and allow them to use the other functions such as conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base