Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • or
  1. Can you create a link directly to the assignment?

Can you create a link that directs students to the assignment in Teams? You have a link to direct to a channel. Can you do the same for assignments?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would be great if you could share a Word doc directly from Word to TEAMS assignment.

When I create a WORD doc I have to save it, then copy and paste the link into TEAMS assignment area. Would be great if I could click Share in WORD, and have the option pop up to choose a TEAM channel/assignment to add it directly from WORD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. sorting graded assignment in Teams by channel enrollment or tag

The team is the complete student enrollment for the hybrid days in school - I have separated the students into their specific cohorts (channels). Still, when I look at a graded assignment, I am not allowed to sort them by channel or a tag to see them as the same group in the classroom.

Can I sort graded assignments by channel enrollment or tag applied to Team members?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow me to make direct links to assignments.

There should be a link to each assignment that can direct students, not just to the overall channel. Do not underestimate the lazy

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to issue an assignment to subset of learners in a Private channel.

After adding a Private channel in a Team site, I am unable to issue an assignment to a subset of learners without having to select each student in turn.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Assignments in Teams selecting students and posting to channel

When creating an assignment and then selecting certain students the ability to post to a different channel other than general is removed. Can this be activated. It would also be helpful to use the tags to filter the students you want to select to issue the assignment to rather than select them each time.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Edit Channel in a Teams Assignment

I would like the ability to edit the channel of an assignment after I post an assignment. Occasionally, I will forget to add this option, and once the assignment is posted, I can not go back and edit it. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Create from existing" takes ALL data with it!

When you create an assignment “from existing” the options for “Post assignment notifications to this channel” go back to the default “general” channel, even if you’ve changed your default settings AND even if you had the channel changed in the original assignment you used when you selected “create from existing.”

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for more than 30 private channels per team

We have used Yammer for many years for ongoing reporting. Every child has their own private community that parents are added to. We then post ongoing feeback that allows parent/students/teachers to all be part of the process. This enables feedback to be in the form of photos and videos as aposed to standard text, adding a much more personalised approach.
    I can see something similar happeing in teams with the use of private channels, however with only 30 priavte channels available, this does not allow the one 'channel' to follow each child through their 7 years…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bot posting when assignment is graded in channel

When we change details about an assignment the bot posts on our behalf saying 'this assignment has been modified'

It would be great if it posted exactly what has been modified.

And, after we have graded an entire class and 'returned' the assignment it would be fantastic of a bot posted on our behalf 'this assignment has been graded', maybe with a button we can click that initiates this.

And, in the grading view for each student, if there was an icon they could click (maybe an envelope, or a chatting box) that takes them to, or pops up with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have one page which shows all assignments from all teams in one place

Have one page which shows all assignments from all teams in one place (instead of having to look at them using on a team-by-team basis) - i.e. a list of assignment titles and due dates, irrespective of the specific teams/channels to which they pertain.

This would make it much easier to keep track of all assignments for different classes and when they were each due in, preventing an assignment deadline being accidentally missed due to not being able to see all assignments due in on one page, and thus forgetting about it.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. picture per channel

It would be nice to assign a picture per channel instead of it defaulting to the Team picture.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. assignment announcement not in general channel

I need to be able to assign an assignment to specific students but have it post to a channel other than the general channel - which I can do if the assignment is given to all students.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How can I turn off Assignments and meetings notifications? I've turned off channel notifications for all of the classes that I am in, but I

How can I turn off Assignments and meetings notifications? I've turned off channel notifications for all of the classes that I am in, but I still receive constant notifications for assignments and meetings.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download/locally view all files from an Assignment and the option to make an assignment in a channel

We would like to download or view all files that students handed in.
    We prefer to see them in OneDrive but otherwise that you can download all of them. Now you have to click each student and download them one-by-one.

And could is be possible to place assignments in a channel but that they appear for the team.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Eestermans
    Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam
    The Netherlands

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be helpful if the Planner app could be added to a private channel or the whole team for more targeted task assignments.

t would be helpful if the Planner app could be added to a private channel or the whole team for more targeted task assignments.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow choice of channel to post assignments to when creating to multiple classes (Teams)

I created an ASSIGNMENTS channel where I post each day's agenda and assignments. This keeps everything in one place for students. Currently if I create an assignment individually, I can choose to post the assignment to that channel. However, I have 4 similar classes and would like to be able to create to multiple classes (feature avail. now) and have it post to my choice of channel (assignments channel).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. turn off post about new assignment OR enable channel selection across multiple classes

I would like to either be able to select a channel other than "General" for the assignment post to go to OR turn off the post altogether.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base