Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Read receipt in conversation - see who has read a post

Now I post a message in a thread/conversation, but I have no idea how many has read it.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pdf markup

It would be absolutely awesome if you could incorporate the current OneDrive mobile app's function to markup PDF files stored in "files"

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a hyperlink library in files

In teams, I'd like to be able to post a list of links that can be accessed right from Teams. At this point, I have to create a Word Doc with hyperlinks on it then upload that to the Files tab. When my team tries to open the links, they have to open it in Sharepoint instead of the link going straight to the web.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display who has seen a conversation

It would be nice to see who has seen a conversation or accessed a Team or channel.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to remove the assignment tab

We would like to remove the Assignments Tab from Microsoft Teams so that our more gung ho users do not try and utilize this portion of the tool until it can be properly supported through IT and the departments that would be training end users. If the end user does not see it, they will not know it is even an option so there will be no need to field calls or questions.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't create an email address when I create a new Team

I have dozens and dozens of Teams...and we are going to create many more. Stop with the email addresses already! They never get used for anything useful and clog up the directory and confuse users. Let me turn off the email creation, or otherwise deactivate the email address automatically that is created. The default should be no working email address.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add multiple students at the same time using a semicolon

When setting up a new class notebook, I can add multiple students when I separate my students usernames with a semicolon. This doesn't work in Teams, I have to add users one at a time. This is tedious when I have several classes of 45-50 students. I already have a trick I use to speed this up but it uses the semicolon separation functionality.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. People have no idea what sharepoint is. Stop confusing us with view in sharepoint.

once we get to sharepoint it is massively confusing. I have never used a service more confusing than a sharepoint site that no one knows exists except through links to the exact location. You're losing people with this horrible structure.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show the time stamp when assignments are turned in even after "returning" the assignment.

It appears Teams was just updated to allow the teacher to "return" an assignment to a student either before or after grading. This is a great, and much needed feature. However, the timestamp showing when an assignment was originally turned in now disappears. So, if I have a student turn an assignment in late and then I return the assignment back to the student with their grade, I can no longer see the original turn in time or date. The reason this is a problem is because I have often used that timestamp to clear up disputes with students who…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alert students of feedback when assignment is graded.

Students need an alert telling them, or a direct link to graded assignments so they are prompted to read feedback given by a teacher. As it stands. Teachers can put feedback but students have no prompt to read that information or even know that an assignment has been graded.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Track student attendance within Teams

Everything is so cool, I love it, but could be possible to add a tab to keep track of the students attendance?

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inking in Assignments

Comments alongside an assignment are often inadequate and direct annotation on the document with inking would be preferable. At present it is only possible to ink on an assignment if clicking through several buttons and completing dual authentication to download file to desktop. Inking should be present on screen instantly within Teams with no need to select edit or download to desktop to edit. Inking is available in OneNote it should be available in all online apps!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Archive Channels

Ability to archive Channels

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SCORM

Please can you build something so we can use SCORM files in Teams, and pull out the scores of quizzes from within them and completion of the materials?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sharing Screens in Teams

In my organization we are converting from skype for business to teams. in skype we can share our screens without being on a skype call. In teams, in order to share our screens we have to be on a call in teams. It would be nice to be able to share our screen in teams without having to be on a call, similar to the way we can in skype.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Private Channel within Public Team

It would be great to have the functionality to create a public open Team that anyone can join, but have several private channels under that public Team.

You should be able to choose the privacy setting of created channels to be either public or private when the Team is public or only create private channels when the parent Team is private.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Month View in Assignment Area

In addition to the week view, it would be awesome to also have the option to view by month.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Attach file to feedback

I often provide video feedback to my students using a screenrecording app. It would be good if I could attach this file to the feedback, rather than emailing it separately.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Team-specific notification settings

Currently the notification settings apply to all teams. But not all teams are created equal...sometimes we don't want to get certain notifications from a specific team. It would be nice if we can specify a team to inherit the global notification setting or to have its own notification setting.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Private Chat Feature

I wish we had the option to turn off private chats for students. We are having a problem with students chatting during class period.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Schools and Universities

Feedback and Knowledge Base