Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Popout Chat

Skype for Business 2016 had the ability for separate chats to be in separate windows. It would be cool if this was possible for chats within teams.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pdf markup

It would be absolutely awesome if you could incorporate the current OneDrive mobile app's function to markup PDF files stored in "files"

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Submitting of a task on a restricted network

Can Microsoft make it possible to let users deliver tasks on a restricted network (when taking tests/exams) while access to chat/files (and such) in the Teams app still is restricted/unaccessable?

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Parent view

Need to put assignments into pupil's Outlook calendar so that they can share a read only link with parents. This would enable parents to see all upcoming assignments for their child, i.e. a parent view of assignments.

Alternatively, give parents a code linked to their child's account that will allow them to see selective team content including all assignment details. Teachers should be able to select whether parents can see everything, particular channels, or just assignments.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Localization of Microsoft Teams in Albanian language

Dear Sir/Madame,

I’m writing on behalf of the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation of the Republic of Kosovo, regarding the localization of Office 365 and apps in Albanian language.

Some of the apps in Office 365, such as Outlook are already translated and available in Albanian language, but our request is for Microsoft Teams to be localized in Albanian language.

FYI: the region of South East Europe including countries: Kosovo, Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia have around 7 million citizens who’s mother tongue is Albanian.

In this time of Corona Virus we are facing the language difficulties…

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give teachers the option of creating a "sample student" so they can demonstrate for students from the student view

Give teachers the option of creating a "sample student" so they can demonstrate for students from the student view

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. See assignments of a student

see assignment by student
    There needs to be a way to see the assignments by student. Click on a students name and see the assignments grades and which they have turned in and not. Unfortunately, i have to click each assignment and see my entire class and not individual students. This is a real hassle with the amount of late work i have to grade.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Using the Pen feature in assessing assignments in Teams assignment review.

Great job guys.

I am currently marking an Economics essay in Teams Assignment Review, but I realized that I am not able to annotate students work with my Pen. Neither I am allowed to type text on the assignment. The only feedback that can be given is the feedback box on the right. Writing on students' work at the exact area that the feedback is relevant to is extremely important for us teachers, as students will be able to get clear feedback for improvement next time.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Ability to Schedule Future Posts in the Conversation Tab

I would love to be able to schedule posts ahead of time and have them show up in Teams at a specific time. I tried to see if I could facilitate this through MS Flow but no luck.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Share a file across multiple team

I have created several teams for my school (Yr 7 Maths, Yr 8 Maths, Yr 9 Maths) and while most of the time each team would be working specifically within that team, sometimes there may be a department file that we need to work on. Can I share the file between teams, and have the file constantly update and sync across all teams?

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Turn Off Private Chat Option

It would be nice to have an option to turn off the private chat. Students are constantly distracted by the temptation and spend a large portion chatting rather than doing their assignments.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Audio Feedback in Assignments

Ability to both dictate and give feedback via an audio file in MS Teams on assignments.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Late Assignment Submission Notification

Hello,

Thanks for allowing resubmission. As a teacher I would like to be notified when a student submits an assignment after a scheduled deadline. This would help with knowing when students resubmit assignments after deadlines and when students have submitted work late.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show the time stamp when assignments are turned in even after "returning" the assignment.

It appears Teams was just updated to allow the teacher to "return" an assignment to a student either before or after grading. This is a great, and much needed feature. However, the timestamp showing when an assignment was originally turned in now disappears. So, if I have a student turn an assignment in late and then I return the assignment back to the student with their grade, I can no longer see the original turn in time or date. The reason this is a problem is because I have often used that timestamp to clear up disputes with students who…

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quiz form - the number of points should not be limited to integers

In quiz form, the number of points should not be limited to integers. There is often need to use 0.5 points or 1.5 points ... to appropriately assess the answer. I think, many users would appreciate such change.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. h5p

I would like to integrate contend created with h5p into Teams and get the results in my grades and being able to assign tasks created with h5p in Teams. thx

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mute all default in Classroom Teams

Once Teams is synced with the student information system the class Teams should default to Mute all and give the teacher the ability to unmute once digital citizenship is taught. This is a great what to teach students how to behave digitally.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Be able to rotate and zoom in on images submitted in the assignments tab

When students upload images of their work under the assignments tab, make it possible for the teacher to be able to rotate and zoom in on the image within Teams. Without having to download it to their computer.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sort Files alphabetically or by creation date

Default File Sorting
    I cannot find how to change the default file sorting. Currently it defaults to time uploaded. Whilst I would much prefer to sort it by title of file.

I spend time ensuring that all my files have good filenames so that they sort. I cannot find how to change this default.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base