Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the at button actually work

I just want to make the at not actually work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There was an error trying to save your picture

i cant change my profile picture because it keeps saying that it had an error trying to safe the picture so can you please fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. teams chat bar

Make a third Bar under the chat for Teams Chats so it's easier to see if there are any unread messages instead of having to check every Team you're in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. dont have VDO call meeting on my tab s6

must have same MS Team in PC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. everybody

i want to see everybody on teams, not only 4 of them (one is yourself) or 9, so please fix it it is actually annoying

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I need a tick symbol.

Homework pages.
    I often need to give detailed feedback on language use in writing. I need a Wingdings 2 tick to acknowledge good language.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hi microsoft, i am a school student using teams on everyday basis and so does my yonger sibling we both have different profiles and ever d

hi Microsoft , I am a school student and I have to use teams everyday and so does my younger sibling we both have different profiles or accounts and we both have to log out and log in every day it is a bit difficult to manage it cause you have to enter email and pswrd each time. So I suggest a feature in which you could swap account/profile with one click .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Moving your own thumbnail when in a chat

Can you make it so we can move our own photo from the bottom right corner to anywhere else on the screen we want it? There is value in being able to move your own photo up closer to your camera so you don't subconsciously look down but rather up here like you're looking at folks. WebEx allows you to move your own photo wherever you want to on the screen and it's very helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create Teams

What I think is there should be a button to create a team. The problem is now, when I click on the "Join or Create Team" button, it only gives you existing teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow an "Add Work" option to students after completing a "Quiz" via Teams

To keep this concise, after a student completes a "Quiz," I would like for them to have access to an "Add Work" option that an "Assignment" Form offers before students "Turn-in" their work.

More Information:
    I teach math courses and often offer partial credit on exams/quizzes. This requires me to look through handwritten student work despite having students submit their answers online via Microsoft Forms.

My current work-around requires creating a "Quiz" Form in a web browser, copying a link to its page, creating an "Assignment" in Teams, and pasting the copied link under the "Add resources" option when creating…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have Teams created via the Team Admin Centre respect the do not show in GAL behaviour

If you create a Team via the Admin Centre it's visible in the global address list (GAL), however, if you create it from the Teams UI it isn't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. notifications

When screen sharing, turn off notifications and chat/email notices or (even better) make sure the audience with whom you are sharing your screen does not see them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams calendar invite issues

Ii am an instructional coach and I am required to observe teachers during our virtual summer school. With twenty teachers sending at least 5 calendar invites a day, my email is full! There needs to be a more efficient way of communicating. Could there be an option to post to a "team" calendar w/out email? That way, team members could check the "team calendar" each week to be notified about meetings. I like that my outlook calendar is synced with teams, but it's now cluttered and difficult to see. Is there an alternative that I'm not aware of?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Assignments for some but not all

It would be useful to be able to add members to Teams but exclude them from Assignments; or, the ability to assign to some but not all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. be able to mute sound

similar to you can block sound on a tab on google, can you add a block sound feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add google to teams

so teachers can search some thing quicker and show a student

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include due date and status in grades export

Right now the CSV export includes only minimal information. Would like to see these added to the export:
    -date due
    -date submission
    -status (viewed, turned in, returned, etc.)
    -rubric scores

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base