Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share a file across multiple team

I have created several teams for my school (Yr 7 Maths, Yr 8 Maths, Yr 9 Maths) and while most of the time each team would be working specifically within that team, sometimes there may be a department file that we need to work on. Can I share the file between teams, and have the file constantly update and sync across all teams?

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rubrics - Need ability to delete or edit

Need to be able to delete .a rubric from the list. If I make a mistake on a rubric I want to be able to delete it so I don't mistakenly use it again OR I need the ability to edit the version that shows up in the rubric list when assigning a rubric.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would love for the assignment tab to show up in each channel created. I create a new channel to match each unit of study. I

I would love for the assignment tab to show up in each channel created. I create a new channel to match each unit of study. I use each channel as a module.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be awesome if we could have a Microsoft Forms tab for Microsoft Team channels

Microsoft Forms for Microsoft Team channels would be incredibly handy!

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. LaTeX math input

Allow LaTeX math input into the Teams interface for Education customers.

Currently Edmodo allows some simple LaTeX code (as complex as those that amsmath package recognises!)

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Detect Fragments and Run-On Sentences" feature in Word 2016

Previous versions of Word detected fragments and run-on sentences, but Word 2016 does not. This is especially problematic because these are two of the most common writing errors students make; many students relied on this feature to improve their writing
    Please vote to have this feature added to Word 2016.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Manage Assignments - allow edit/delete

To be able to delete assignments, turn back with feedback to students an allow them to review and turn in again.

When you assign points to student's assignment, be able to modify and turn back the assignment to the student.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integrate OneNote into Teams

Right now, when you "integrate" OneNote as a Tab in a channel it is just a web browser that opens a notebook in OneNote Online. Could you really integrate OneNote into Teams like you did with Planner?

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification Enhancements

We have moved back to using Skype as the notification for Chat is not customizable. Staff that use Team for chatting, miss incoming messages, compared to Skype. I want to push the use of Team, but this factor renders the app useless.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature is being worked upon and I hope to have more details to share in the coming months.

-Warren

11. maak een "maak je eigen code" pagina

maak in microsoft teams een pagina, die alleen beschikbaar is voor groep, zodat we een eigen code in die groep kunnen maken.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. updating rubrics on assigments

As of right now, if you forget to create a rubric for an assignment, you can't go back and update the assignment to include a rubric.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create quick class polls in MS Teams

In the conversations area we need the ability to add a quick question for formative assessment purposes. The different types needed would be: multiple choice, text and ticktboox. The instant feedback to the teacher can be used to judge how the class, or individuals, are progressing with the lesson.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Upload Files Larger Than 50Mb

Our Music Tech class wants to use Assignments but we can't upload our videos as they all much larger than 50Mb. Most of our videos are at least 500Mb. Would it be possible to increase the maximum file size? Thanks :)

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback and support on this one. We definitely understand the need. The team is currently reviewing how we can increase the file upload size here.

As a workaround in the meantime, perhaps you can have students submit a link to the file stored on their personal OneDrive.

15. Add a member to an already set assignment

To use this as a school it really needs to have an option to add members to assignments after the assignment has been set. Currently if I have a new student added to the class then I have to delete the assignment and then send it out again.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Submitting of a task on a restricted network

Can Microsoft make it possible to let users deliver tasks on a restricted network (when taking tests/exams) while access to chat/files (and such) in the Teams app still is restricted/unaccessable?

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Assignment Feedback

It would be great if teachers could offer feedback to assignments without having to enter a grade. The assignments is locked from being able to resubmit. If students can get the feedback, make corrections, and then resubmit the assignment teachers would be able to use it better.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Popout Chat

Skype for Business 2016 had the ability for separate chats to be in separate windows. It would be cool if this was possible for chats within teams.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Building Assignments in Teams

I used Classroom last school year and loved building assignments with this tool. There are many features found in Classroom that allowed teachers to build assignments easily and effectively that are not in TEAMS. Teachers need to be able to:

1. Link Notebook pages to the assignment.
    2. Search for videos and resources to link to assignments from Teams like it was able to do so in Classroom.
    3. Share assignments with other Teams. To have to replicate assignments per Team for the courses taught is not practical.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

partially done  ·  Warren responded

This is partially done. :)

Item 1 and 3 exist.
    I will follow up on number 2 and provide a status soon.

-Warren

20. assignment tab

On the top tabs, I'd like the ability to change the order of the 4 tabs: conversations, files, class notebook, and assignments. I'd like students to see "Assignments" first instead of seeing all the mess of "Conversations" when they first click on our team.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Schools and Universities

Feedback and Knowledge Base