Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for notifications when adding file for the members of a Team

My students and I would like to be notified when a file is dropped in the tab without having to have a message that tells them so.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set business open hours in Shifts

If a business is only open 8-5, then we don't need to see the 5-8 part of the day when viewing shifts on desktop. There should be a setting where you can change the "open hours" so only those are displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New tab should take name of file as default title

When adding a new tab of a file type, e.g. Word, the tab gets the default title of the file type, in this case Word. One now has the option to rename this. Often a person forgets and only afterwards realize you should rename the tab. This is easily done, but the message in the conversation space still shows the old name which is not ideal. The tab should rather take the file name as the default title. This can be overwritten when necessary.

Alternatively, when the file tab is renamed, so should the message in the conversation space be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Video and audio document size (assignment)

Video and audio documents should be easier to drop. There is always problems loading video documents of a certain size, even for small video presentation under 5 minutes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My screen is too zoomed in only on teams i have tried to reset the zoom but it didnt work

My screen is too zoomed in only on teams i have tried to reset the zoom but it didnt work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Archiving all teams and OneNote documents on-prem or in cloud.

In July we will be going through the process of Archiving our Teams for this academic year. There will be a script that is run that will put an 'Archive' prefix to the team. There will be a 3 month time limit before we deleted the archived accounts.

However, we need to archive all the Teams and OneNote files locally, so teachers can refer back to students work at any given time. As you can imagine we will have a full years worth of students work saved onto Teams/OneNote and we will need to back this up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Immersive Reader

Immersive Reader: Allow students to use it to read teacher created "assignments," or allow teachers to create assignments in MS Word so students have the option available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to set notifications on a per channel basis

I would like to be able to set notifications on a per channel basis

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Setting to view groups in collapsed mode by default

I would love to see an Option to set the contact groups to display in collapsed mode by default. The groups can help you locate users quickly, but if you have a lot of groups, and they are always expanded by default, you either have to collapse each one as you search, or scroll forever to locate someone. They won’t even stay collapsed when you manually do each one…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Flipgrid

I would love for Flipgrid to have filters when taking a selfie. :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I've erased an assignment that I had created and assigned to multiple classes, but I am unable to erase the post from the Conversations

I'd like to be able to erase the post that appeared on the conversations page when I created an assignment because I have recently erased that assignment but the post is still there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. default settings

A button to revert to default settings for everything that's customizable. I did something to my feed and now i never know when someone posts something in my teams. Can;t figure out what i did or how to reverse it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Class Notebook

Create a template for notebook layout that can be edited and automatically reflect changes in class notebooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search should include folder names

The search function is otherwise great, but it does not include folder names, like a search in file explorer. Surely that must be a mistake?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make word tab bold for new content

We often collaborate in one central word document (with a table). It is in files, but also has its own tab for easy access. But we are not notified of changes until we open it. In OneNote, tabs are bold when there is new content. Could this also be the case in Teams word tabs?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. encrypted conversations

Have the ability to encrypt conversations for privacy, allow sharing of PPI

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open documents in a new tab without having to download

It would be helpful for assessment purposes for teachers to be able open submitted documents in a separate tab without all the Teams sidebars without having to download each document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. better view for new messages

IF I get new messages I don't see it very well inside Teams. Which Person send me messages and how many?
    Add the visibilty of message with a number of messages near Person symbol

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. OneNote: Class Notebook - Add functionality to allow for distribution of "Section Groups" with tabs sub structure

Allow for the distribution of Section Groups with the option to include the relevant hierarchical substructure of sub groups, tabs, pages and sub pages etc.

In Onenote we have the ability to distribute only new sections and pages. It is necessary for teachers to be able to distribute a complete note-taking structure for student notes, and organizational structure for keeping track of student work assignments as well. Therefore we need to be able to distribute parts of previously created organizational structures beyond just "New Tabs".

This impacts the functionality of "Review Student Work" through the Classroom Notebook as well. Teachers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams - settings

I would like to be able to manage all of my teams' settings at once instead of individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base