Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slow or fast playback of audio or video files

I take audio or video recordings of meetings for those who could not make it can catch up.

I would be useful if Teams' file-sharing supports changing the speed of audio or video playback, eg, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, and 2x.

For only these features alone, I think it is better to share videos via YouTube at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assignment & rubric database

Assignment Rubrics in Teams is great. But if you really want a snazzy point of difference to other platforms then it would be great if there was an easy way to export the whole assignment description along with rubric to some sort of central Microsoft database.

When exporting you would also add tags such as Grade 1 Math Australian Curriculum etc.

I imagine also that you might have the option for the rubric only to be viewable by your specific organisation as some people don't like sharing beyond their school.

A great place to start might be by buying out…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. turn off comments on a post

I'd like the ability to turn off commenting on a post. For example, yesterday I posted a request for feedback in a team channel. The deadline for providing feedback was last night, but people are still commenting on the post. I'd like to be able to turn off the ability to add new comments to the post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Managing Student Preferences- DESELECT ALL BUTTON NEEDED

I am trying to make groups in the collaboration space of OneNote and only allow for certain students to be in each group. When I manage student preferences, ALL students are checked and there is no box to deselect all. I have to manually de-select all students. I have 10 groups, in 5 classes, with an average of 40 students in each class, so for each group, I have to deselect 36 students manually. PLEASE add an option to UNCHECK ALL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. picture per channel

It would be nice to assign a picture per channel instead of it defaulting to the Team picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assignments - Quiz - Immersive Reader

When assigning a Quiz created in Forms to a class using the Assignments feature Immersive Reader should be a function, but does not work. The only way it currently works is if you send a link to the Form in conversations, but then you would need to duplicate all of Forms you create so you get feedback for each class period individually. The problem with this is that Forms does not allow you to put everything in folders, so this can make Forms unorganized easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. An 'okay!' or a 'got-that' reaction.

Add an 'okay!' or a 'got-that' reaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. .url

If i add a Link on SharePoint, the .url file is not valid in TEAMS. That's not really helpful because it should be a link on both sides.
    can you please allow this .url files as link in TEAMS?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Grade Book at-a-glance

We would LOVE to be able to see all of the grades posted for an entire class over the course of a grading period.

• multiple assignments

• multiple students

• date selection/filter

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. synergy

Will there ever be a way to sync or export grades posted in the Assignments tab to Synergy/Edupoint/TeacherVue?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. grade fill

Being able to fill in grades for students/selected students. Everyone gets the same grade that is selected/in a group/in a class

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unviewable Assignements

Teachers can create assignments that students won't see. For example, giving students credit for completing something in class that is not a formal assignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shifts - Flexibility and Order

Make open Shifts automatically reorder by time OR allow for dragging and dropping (rearranging) the open shifts to be in any order desired.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OneNote - roll up up tags

I'm using One-note as a personal organizer and it would be great to have the ability to roll up tags (i.e. 'to do' items from various sections and pages) into a single report and have the ability to refesh backwards into those same sections and pages as they marked complete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. annoying

dont make this open every single time i turn on my computer i dont use it and its very annoying

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. can you make assignements private once handed in

Is there a way to make an assignment private or unviewable once handed in? It would be really nice to be able to distribute tests and then mark them, but not have the students still be able to fully access the assignment after the due date. Also make assignments hand-in times down to 10min or so not 30.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Battery impact

iPhone battery is being drained rapidly since the app was loaded. Is there a setting to conserve battery usage?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base