Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. together mode background changing

together mode background change

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let me save default meeting permissions instead of having to adjust every meeting that I create.

Every time I create a meeting for my students, I need to go into "Meeting Options" to choose the lobby bypass option and the who can present option. Please create a section in settings where I can default it to my preferences.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a "CREATE TEAMS" option for students.

Please make a "Create Teams" option for students, because I think that if a student has Teams but doesn't use it for SCHOOL purposes, then he/she should be able to create a team since they don't use it for school. They could be a home-schooled student that wants to chat with a friend or a gamer that wants to communicate with his/her teammates/friends (That's me!). In conclusion, I think that anybody should be able to create a team even if it's just a lonely kid that wants a few friends. Thank you. (My writing skills are polished up, really like…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ability to record only the host's camera and screen.

When recording a class, it would be ideal if there were a setting to only record the teacher's screen and video camera. This is because there's no need for the students to view back recordings of each other and also because minors cannot offer consent to be recorded. If you could record only the teacher's camera and screen that allows classes to be recorded and rewatched later by absent students without violating the other's right to privacy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. An option to mute incoming audio will be very convinent.

Ms teams audio overlaps with other audio in the system. So, there should be an option to mute incoming audio in the teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow tablets and celphones to share audio with share screen

Allow tablets and cellphone to share audio while share screen is on

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add icon in participant list that show video on or off - same same audio

Add icon next to participant name to show if video is on or off - same as audio; there are times large gallery is not working and teacher need to have a second way to check video attendance

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. chat option in meeting

if a person sends a message in chat the notification received by others hides the input layout for all other members in the meeting which blocks others from sending message directly . notification for chat messages in meeting is not necessary as we can see the message directly

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My art class is on a A/B Day rotation, can we get a calendar where we can choose multiple dates that are random for meetings?

I would like to click on multiple dates for my classes. I run on A/B days. One wee I teach MWF and the next Tu/Thurs. It would be nice to just click on each day that I have them and schedule all of the classes one time instead of each one individually. Also, in each class I have to manually go in and change each one to be me as the presenter only. I click on manage and it takes me to a safari, then I have to copy the link and go to firefox to change each class. Can…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. please make the app light

The teams app is too heavy for an average computer/mobile phone. The app takes too much ram and cache memory and the mobile/mobile begins to hang,so much in fact that my computer has crashed a few times and i had to restart it even though my computer has 4 GB RAM . A few of my friends are also having this problem on their android phone

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Is there an easier way to ensure that videos will play sound?

There is a pop-up to share sound at the beginning of a class meeting, but if we miss that option, we have to go into the audio settings to share sound when we play a video. Can it be a default that video sound is played during a class meeting?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjust idle timing for status change in teams

There needs to be the ability to adjust the idle time for when Teams switches you from available to away.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. schedule assignments

It would be really great to have the option of scheduling assignments for students before hand. I like to schedule my assignments a week at a time for my own sanity. However, if I do this on teams then my students have access to all the assignments on Monday and that leads to confusion with my 4th graders.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let students create meetings

Students are missing valuable social time due to online school (Lunch and private conversations after school work is completed). Also, some students only see their friends at school, so this is detrimental to their friendships. This would allow students to "hang out'' during free-time and improve mental health.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Out of order messaging/chat - Last message replied appears first; making it hard to follow an effective timeline

Have messages follow a timeline (in order of posted date), so reference to a previous message is not out of context or confusing, and easier to find.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ending chats when the presenter leaves the meeting.

All chat sessions should be stopped upon the presenter leaving a meeting. The students should not be able to continue to chat after the meeting has ended.

Furthermore, there should be an alarm to tell the teacher that a student has raised their hand. It should be a little bell chime or something that alerts the teacher, or presenter that a student has a question and has raised their hand.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. voice chat

pls voice chat

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assignments

can you make it so people can see all of the assignments at once even on different channels please. this would be very helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need the option to end repeat meetings

Please provide the same functionalities as in Outlook, in particular the option to end recurring meetings by a given date of after a given number of occurrences.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alarms for the classes on the calendar, for little kids not to miss their classes.

There should be an alarm for when classes are to begin, because little kids go to the restroom or do something between classes and they get distracted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base