Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gice Control options to more than one teacher instead of only the organizer.

At the moment, we only have the option to give controls to all participants or only the organizer. It would be great for all co-teachers to have permanent presenter controls even if they are not the meeting organizer for reoccurring meetings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark mode

The dark mode is already available but when I open the app on iOS the ‘splash/start screen’ is still light. I think Microsoft could make this easily dark also? Thanks in advance

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable Video Meetings Recording by members locally

Please could you add a disable button on the members permission area within a team to be able to disable the recording of video meetings (scheduled and Meet now) for members. Some learners might have a protection order and cannot be recorded on video, we have found that members (learners) can record a meet now or scheduled meeting anonymously and have the ability to download the video from the General posts tab in a team. Policy is that we have to have permission sheets completed by learners prior to any photos or videos being taken. Thank you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. give all virtual backgrounds for mobile devices

in computers or pc's we have a variety of virtual backgrounds but on some devices like ipads we have the blurred background effect but not any other effect. in android devices there is no option for background effects. it should be there

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Video mute

in TEAMS under "participants" we can mute or kick out of the meeting. Consider adding the option of kicking out (but they can come back in) or the option of kicking out and blocking for that particular meeting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mute/un-mute specific people in chat

Most of my students do a great job of only using the chat when it is appropriate. Some, however, are "spammers". It would be nice to be able to disable/enable chat for specific attendees in the meeting so I don't have to disable chat for an entire class meeting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make scheduling a meeting simpler.

I should be able to unclick both response options in a single drop down without it going back up in between. I have to drop the menu twice just to unclick both. Also, I should be able to set the meeting options in the original schedule menu. I shouldn't have to schedule the meeting and then go back and edit the menu just to access the meeting options. Furthermore, I should be able to set some defaults for my meeting options so that I don't have to edit every single meeting I schedule for my classes all. year. long!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. i dont have backround effect

i cant use back round effect i really need it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show all recordings of lectures of all class seperately as Recordings List

It will bw more helpful if i can find all class recordings in one place.
    it'll be easy for me to find and revise my old lectures. As the lecture recordings are being expired in 20 days since last update i'm missing many lectures without getting 100% knowledge from that lecture.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recorded video

The recorded video should be directly uploaded in Microsoft streams. Earlier it was uploading. Later the videos were coming in post. Now the videos which are been recorded in not coming in post nor in streams. Kindly make the changes so that the recorded video comes in streams automatically.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Primary teachers are not happy with Teams due to lack of easy to read icons -they want features like Seesaw

It would be so beneficial to be able to change function words to icons so that young students who are emerging readers can independently use Teams. Teachers in our district want to use Seesaw. It has the same features but it easier for young students to use...at an extra cost.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show assignments from all classes on one page

Make it so you can see all assignments from all classes on one page so we don't have to look in each class individually

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sharing Calendar

Please enable the ability to share the TEAMS calendar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How can you add more than one person to admit people in the lobby during the team class?

Allowing more than one owner to admit people from the lobby

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow presenter to scroll through all video tiles like Zoom

Allow presenter to scroll through all video tiles like Zoom

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. lower volume without actually lowering the audio devices volume

so when i open audio settings and try to lower the volume of the call, it just lowers the volume for the audio device my computer is connected to.
    it would be better if i can control the audio of the call without lowering the devices volume so i can maybe hear other programs better.
    thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You should add a thumbs up button that goes with the raise hand button.

You should add a thumbs up button that goes with the raise hand button. That way students can agree even without a mic.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My classes are every other day. I want to schedule meetings but if I use every two days the meeting for Friday will re-open on Sunday. I nee

My classes are every other day. I want to schedule meetings but if I use every two days the meeting for Friday will re-open on Sunday. I need a custom feature that allows me to select every two days but can exclude the weekend and holidays.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Replace student video feed with a screen share so that I can see the work they are doing on their screens.

Replace student video feed with a screen share so that I can see the work they are doing on their screens. Would be nice to see the work of multiple students at the same time. Would work great to have student's complete math problems using a stylus.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Video related problem

Please don't show the mirror video while attending meetings. It makes the face look weird.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base