Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a 'Music Lesson' feature that does NOT mute/reduce/attenuate sounds, thus allowing msuicians to play together in real time.

Add a 'Music Lesson' icon/button that would allow all participants to hear unrestricted sounds. Could recommend wearing headphones with this feature. This could allow musicians to play music together in real time, without the current microphone attenuation happening.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Posts

It would be great to be able to upload a video or picture to the post page that is shown immediately like a GIF and not forced to be saved in files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I cant make a video call and sharing screen from a cellphone or tablet

I cant make a video call or sharing screen from a cellphones or tablet

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. sort rearrange

PLEASE give us the ability to sort members' names ALPHABETICALLY or by STATUS in a given Team or Channel, and rearrange names (e.g. if we want certain names at the top of the list, for quick and easy access).

This seems like a very basic feature that is missing in Teams. My organization has been using Slack and Jabber, both of which allows various ways of sorting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Screen Split Templates!

Almost like a Microsoft PPT template, I would really appreciate if there were some templates or if we could create our own templates for share screen. When I have a class I want three things on the screen. A schedule (a visual schedule) and a behavior chart as well as my live stream.

I don't want to have to toggle through the share screens. I just want to have each screen up and pinned

OR

have a special template that you can customize to your needs where there might be two spaces for a picture (a picture of the schedule,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. keyboard shortcut for Back (<) and Forward (>) buttons

The top left of the Windows app has "<" and ">" navigation options. It would be great if I could use Alt+LeftArrow and Alt+RightArrow like I can for Microsoft Edge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PPSX files should open as a PPSX in tabs

A PPSX file is a powerpoint that only opens as the "show" and not the powerpoint editor. It would be great to be able to post a PPSX file as a tab in teams. Right now my workaround is exporting the PPT as a PDF and using that as a tab. Not as elegant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. there should be apear as offline option

there should be apear as offline option on microsoft teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Colour code Assignment Tasks

Colour code Assignment tasks - to make tasks easier to see for students as they can be group in terms of subjects or "Must do"/"Could do" tasks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It would be nice to see all callers in the Skype window, or at least more than 4.

Right now Skype only shows 4 users, whilst Zoom shows a lot more. It would be nice to be able to see everyone in my meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple deletes for conversations and replies in a channel.

Trying to "clean up" a channel so the announcements and assignments don't get lost. Deleting each conversation and each reply is tedious. Would like a select or highlight to delete multiple comments and posts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manage Teams into folders

Possibility to put teams into different named folders.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for a PDF / audio / video file to be attached to each question on a QUIZ, or at least to the general description of the QUIZ

Often the questions I include in my quizzes are complex - it would be great if I could attach a PDF or even short video to each, to give the extra detail required to answer a question properly (this may be a excerpt from an article/ a short video clip/ a diagram or image)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show how long a student was on the meeting/call in class and show those who are in idle

Attendance features need to be improved in Teams. There needs to be
    1. better visibility for teachers on who is in class
    2. a prompt to teachers of who is idle (students can be online and not engage, it's hard for teachers to always manage this virtually)
    3. Provide a full report of who attended the class and for how long the student was online

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When we chat on the conversations please dont give the notifications.

When we chat on the conversations please dont give the notifications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Capability of Adjusting Video Display Screen to Upper Corner of Screen

It would be very beneficial for the user to have the option to adjust or move their own display screen to an upper corner, near the camera view.Also, be able to change it from a landscape view to a portrait view. This is especially beneficial for interpreters who are signing to deaf or hard-of-hearing students. As it is a means of a better visual, and to assure they are able to see each others hands completely when signing and communicating to one another. Also, you wont always appear to be looking downwards at the display screen just to make sure…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a duplicate assignment option or continually schedule assignments feature

It would be nice to set a repeating assignment for each day, or to be able to duplicate and then edit an assignment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. how can I default to sound when sharing youtube videos when presenting?

how can I default to sound when sharing youtube videos when presenting?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dictate function in desktop version...

We need the dictate function in the desktop version of the Teams app that is available in the mobile version...More specifically posting in the channels or the chats we need to be able to record audio for the post/reply etc. The mobile version has this functionality & it would be nice to see it in the desktop version. Many Teams app "Owners" are more than likely using the microphone on their desktop/laptop regularly. Why not give us the option? Especially since Microsoft has already added voice recognition to other Office products like Word & PowerPoint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow notification banners to show up at bottom left of screen where they are not in the way of chat/announcement features.

It would be helpful if we could move the notification banners to the bottom left of the screen so that they are not constantly popping up in the chat/announcement area.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base