Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can students make assignments please, like plz

Can students make assignments.... please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. right click/ellipsis to send a copy of a OneDrive file in a Teams drive

THere are quite a few steps involved in making a file available to a class in Teams. At the moments its just easier to email! If staff could just 'right click' or use the ellipsis to 'send to (a specific team, from the available list)' that would make sharing much easier. #MIEexpert

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. communication

being able to communicate to others on homework because i cant do it if i dont know what it is

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Class calendar for assignments

Each class should have a calendar on which the teacher can add simple assignments/topic for the day. I normally don't need to create a full-blown assignment. I'd like to click on the day and add content (as I'm able to do in Outlook). I should also be able to distribute it to other classes from that space. Ideally, the teacher view assimilates all. When creating the calendar, I can stipulate which to which Teams it applies

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bell Schedule / Release / Turn-in Template

When we are creating assignments and want them to be released or due at the beginning or end of the class period, it would be nice for our school or class to be able to create a bell schedule template that automatically inputs these times so that I don't have to input the exact time EVERY TIME. Instead, it automatically opens it at the beginning of class (and it is intuitive since it knows which period I selected) and closes it at the end (if I wanted it closed at that time).

So in short, when I create the team/assignment…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make viewing images in the File tab more like it is in Sharepoint

Viewing images in the file tab should have the ability to browse between images in the current folder without leaving the viewer and having to open each of them separately. Similarly like it is in Sharepoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a back button!

As a team, we edit many files in a day. It would be super helpful if there was a back button so that when you're navigating for certain doc and find yourself in the wrong folder, you can easily back out a level without going all the way back to the main Teams screen.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. back button

The ability to see every student's score on every single assignment all in one place. Also, the ability to actually calculate grades into percents, categories, etc. on that page to use it as an actual gradebook.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. forms

The ability to target audiences with Forms based on AD / Security Groups - to ensure that only people from a specific AD group can complete a form for internal surveys (differentiate between staff and students)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Aufgaben abgeben

Wenn die Studenten eine Datei in "Aufgaben" abgeben müssen. Dann passiert es häufig, dass sie nicht so lange warten, bis die Datei hochgeladen ist. Sie drücken schon während des Uploads auf den Button "abgeben". Der Upload wird dadurch unterbrochen und die Aufgabe ohne Datei abgegeben.
    Vorschlag: Die Schaltfläche "abgeben" sollte während des upload Prozesses nicht aktiv sein. Erst nach erfolgtem Datei-Upload sollte diese Schaltfläche wieder aktiv sein.
    Danke!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve "Review Student Work" within classroom notebook.

Provide the functionality within Classroom Notebook to allow teachers to search for or select student pages within section groups and or subsections of a hierarchical organization structure as is currently allowed within only within "Sections" . A tiered organizational structure consisting of Section groups, subgroups, sections, pages and various subpages is necessary for teachers and student to organize notes and work assignments in classes with complex subject matter. (Note: request for tiered hierarchical structure requested in separate idea post also dated 12-19-2018)

Thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can't view large rubrics on Android app

I have started using rubrics with my assignments. One that is particularly wordy cannot be viewed properly on the Android app. The top few boxes are available to see, but it is not possible to scroll down and see the entire rubric. This goes for viewing it after feedback has been given too. Can this be fixed so the pupils can scroll down through the rubric to see the whole thing?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Insert pictures and graphics into Teams assignments.

I'd like to be able to insert pictures and graphics in the text box in Assignments (Teams).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I LIKE ****

**** IS THE BEST DESSERT EVAHHH

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Give the students a chance to correct their mistakes

I have an online course and I give my students assignments every week. When they have turned in an assignment I correct it and give them feedback. Sadly that's the end of if all. I would like to give them another week to correct their mistakes, then be able to give them new feedback... and then maybe give them another week if they still haven't gotten it right. I know that this way of working might not be very common in the US but since Teams is a multinational platform we would love to be able to adjust it to…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Khan Academy

I would like to be able to share Khan Academy lessons/videos within my Team. Can these be an add in like Flipgrid and other applications?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)