Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give an option to mute notifications - they often block the screen and make it harder to participate in the chat.

Often times, when the notifications pop up because a class of 30 or so children are spamming the chat, the notifications can block the screen. Also, they are a major distraction, especially for online learning. We recommend adding a 'Settings' tab that allows you to mute or put the notifications somewhere else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy posts and announcements to different Teams.

It would be great to be able to post posts and announcements in multiple Teams the way you can currently "Post in multiple channels." Each of my classes even if the same content is a separate Team, so I do a good deal of copy and pasting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Push notifications name displayed

Throughout teams the "display name" field is used to identify users. So for example When I post, it shows "J Caldwell".

However, push notifications are using First Name. This in a school setting is not desirable, plus also not consistent with the rest of the app that uses Display Name!,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assignments all together in seperate tab

So what it would be is a tab on teams where you are able to find all of your assignments instead of having to manually scroll through and look at every class or team you have

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Raise hand feature 1st, 2nd, 3rd

With Raise your hand it must say first, second, third and get bigger as time goes on

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification sound when invited to join a meeting (not just banner)

My son uses MS Teams for school. He has meetings with his teacher and class throughout the day. The banner to join a meeting shows up on bottom right corner of his screen; however, if my son is working on something and doesn't see it, then he misses the meeting (class). It would be nice to have a notification alert/sound, similar to when one is receiving a call, to alert a person that he/she is being invited to join a meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rename Teams just for yourself

Renaming teams that will only be visible to the person who renamed - the old name would still be the same for everyone. This would help to organise teams as I have 16+ teams at one time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add to the polling tool the ability to generate a tag cloud from a survey entry.

Add to the polling tool the ability to generate a tag cloud from a survey entry.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow to add online maths questions with complicated equations and also maths equations as answer options in MCQ

allow to add online maths questions with complicated equations and also maths equations as answer options in MCQ

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quick browse in Q&A

In Teams Live Events, Q&A can get loaded with hundreds of entries. Once you get out of Q&A and get back to it, it automatically goes to the top, which is the first message. So you have to scroll down hundreds of messages to where you left. Can you add a quick sort button that will bring the latest to the top, or send you to the end of the list with one click? Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We should be able to launch polls on main screen while meeting is going on

WE should be able to launch a Poll on the main screen while the meeting is going on. Participants should be able to answer on real time basis and we should be able to see the responses and percentages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. TOO complicated.

I just can't believe that we have an amazing technology but you guys have no idea how to develop it. Even I, that I know a lot about applications, find this extremelly complicated. And I have seen that many many people have the same complain and you do nothing to fix this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. History of Feedback on Assignments

A history/time stamp of feedback - I am giving students comments and returning the assignment sans grade so that they can fix. However, once they resubmit, if they need to tackle MORE revisions, I am adding more feedback. I would like a feature where those feedback comments are timestamped, so I could also provide documentation as needed to parents/students/admin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. notification

The fact that Notifications for chat pop up over the same location where chat messages appear is kinda crazy. This should be either moved elsewhere or ideally be a feature where the user can move the chat notification to a desired location

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Head of School or Subject Observer Role

It would be very helpful to have an 'observer' or 'manager' role. We are a school and heads of subject or departments want to be shared owners of several classes, but do not want to be active teachers. (I could imaging in the business world, a department manager may want such an 'observer' role too.) If someone is an observer/manager/moderator, they would be able to easily control the number of notifications they get to reduce the amount of noise these can create when you belong to a lot of different teams. As they belong to a large number of teams,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. attendee also share screen and student also make a meeting

attendee also share screen and student also make a meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Phone Calls

When a call is being received, make the phone button green or light up green as I am always hanging up on my calls because the phone button in red is easy to see causing me to interpret it as the answer button instead of the hang up button.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like to be able to embed a microsoft Form link in one note and for the results to be submitted to assignments in Teams.

I want all of my student grades to be stored under assignments. I use both Teams and one note. So I would like to be able to put a link to a Microsoft Form (quiz) to complete in one note and have the results pushed to assignments in Teams where everything else is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add video thumbnail in General.

I'd like the students to be able to see a video thumbnail when I post in the General stream of a Team. At the moment I've created something in Sway and then tried to post it into the General thread but all you see is a banner to Say rather than a nice preview of the video.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DISPLAY AND MUTE OPTIONS

1. DISPLAY ALL MEMBERS ATTENDING.
      Right now we can only view 4 members. This is very important.

2. Host can keep mute all participants at once And With Host permission one can unmute himself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base