Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More functionality/customisation needed on rubrics

I know this has been requested before but please can allow for more customisation on rubrics. Many rubrics require different grading scales for different categories and your weightings don't allow for this to effectively be incorporated. This will give your rubrics the ability to even grade tests/exams as each question can be loaded as a different category and you could change the points allocated for each question.

Please can you try and address this! I've been playing around with your rubrics for days now and they are great if you're teaching younger grades.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lock Assignments after they have been returned

If an assignment is created without a close date students are allowed to hand in assignments late. Which is a nice feature.

But that also allows students to edit assignments even after they have been returned by the teacher. And if they do so, the teacher does not even get a notification of the change.

It should not be possible to edit returned assignments once the teacher has returned them (regardless of an existing close date)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think there should be a colour blind feature, with many types of colour blind settings like: Protanopia, Deuteranopia and Tritanopia

I think there should be a colour blind feature, with many types of colour blind settings like: Protanopia, Deuteranopia and Tritanopia.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. keep a screenshot option while class is going on

keep a screenshot option while class is going on

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. casting your meeting to a tv

enable being able to cast to a smart tv, i like this option because i can cast my lecture to my tv and use my laptop for notes without having to minimize anything. the only way i am able to currently do this is if i open teams in chrome and cast my tab from chrome

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show date and time of when the message was read

I think you guys can show the date and time when the message was read because I think it would be more organized and more neat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Forward files to other chats

Ability to forward files to different chats, like in WhatsApp. For instance, if I want to end the same picture I previously sent to someone else in a chat, I would have to attach that picture again to the other chat to share. It would be nice to be able to select the picture and forward to another conversation, just like when we forward an email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. chating with friends during covid-19

Chating with friends during covid-19
    Kids can talk to there friends any time we want because we can't see them in real life (covid-19)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assignment Posting Order: capability to move them

I would love it if TEAMS would allow for us to move around the assignment cards. Are not organized by date but rather posting order. This becomes a challenge for students to stay organized.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Admin rights in teams screen share "Allow remote Access" This would help Teams be used for Tech Remote Support.

When a person does a screen share with remote access. The person requesting control does not have administrator rights to that computer. It would be helpful for Global Administrators or Role Based designated administrators to be able to have access to elevated administrator rights to the computer the administrator is remoting sharing into. This would help IT admin's use Teams as a means of remote support.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. better gradebook

Allow the gradebook to show weighted scores and a summative score.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'd like to be able to set an alarm for certain meetings and choose how early, ie; 15 minutes before the meeting time... 30 min before, etc

I would like the ability to set an alarm type notification in your calendar. Set it for 5, 15, 30 minutes prior to start of meeting... or even 1 day, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I think the assignments page should have an option to see your assignments in a calendar format of when they're due

I think the assignments page should have an option to see your assignments in a calendar format of when they're due. This would make it easier to see everything that's going on in one place and would help students to be more organised in a virtual environment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Whiteboard and Mute option

The whiteboard is great but in addition to the the simple tools, it would be great to be able to add tea box, images, etc. Also, I like how I have the ability to mute participants during meetings but it would be helpful if I can also unmute the participant without having to asked them to do so themselves. For young users such as pre-k through 1st grade unmuting themselves can be very difficult.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give teachers notifications.

Give teachers the ability to know when assignments have been turned in to them with notifications. Otherwise they end up not knowing and thinking that it is late.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. recurring assignments

I would love to see an option to have assignments recur

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Separate planners per channels

We need separate planners per private channels so, we can add confidential actions to each channel within a team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can you make a feature where the students can search their own assignments by subject or name?

Can you make a feature where the students can search their own assignments by subject or name?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Predefine screen video layout for recording and live meetings

In lectures communication is one to many which is currently not supported in an intuitive way, i.e. in the classroom all pariticipants are expecting to see the lecturer while in MS Teams we have a 2x2 split layout where the videos of four last active speakers are displayed. An option to select one participant (lecturer) as the primary video and audio source which should always be streamed and visible and at maximum possible quaility is missing. I would also like an option to pre-define the screen layout which would be the default for recording and for participants when they join…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base