Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. checkmark

It would be quite nice if there were a checkmark ( ✓ ) option available to acknowledge someone's message when one doesn't necessarily "like" it. (There are currently six options: thumbs up, heart, laugh, surprised, sad, angry.)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. assignment max file size is 50MB. this is way too small. We are teaching graphic design and files are WAY larger than this.

assignment max file size is 50MB. this is way too small. We are teaching graphic design and files are WAY larger than this. We need to have a much bigger max weight size. Using onedrive is extremely inconvenient

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add hashtagging ability to teams with #inserttopic here format to catalog relevant subject matter

it would be v useful to be able to throw a hashtag into a conversation to catalog things to track back to them and their related topics later.

Use case: #accessibility, so as new compliance modes come about, I can throw that tag on conversations i've had and get back to it. or #resource, or whatever!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Block students from being able to edit assignments after the turn in date.

Block students from being able to edit assignments after the turn in date. I do not want students to be able to edit their work after the turn in date, before I have a chance to grade it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Deploy Teams app into Program Files like a regular, not-insane app

How about installing the Teams program into the Program Files folder, instead of doing crazy, insane shenanigans in the user's profile? You install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, everything else into Program Files. Why pull this crazy ****?

Please get yourself in order and stop inflicting this nonsense onto organisations. If you need to constantly update, then set up a service that will do this, like Mozilla Firefox's maintenance service.

MSI-installing a second installer into Program Files is lunacy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Only certain assignments with a key word appears for parents and guardians on the digest.

As a teacher, I use Teams for both classwork and homework assignments but I do not necessarily want parents seeing what I have set for classwork assignments. Is there a way which only the assignments with the key word Homework (or Prep as we call it) will show to parents in the digest?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The class code is to difficulte to create - there are too many clicks

This is a feature that teachers use often and today we need to make to many clicks to create a class code.
    this feature should be 2 clicks Max (like = to click the teams '3 dots' > 'create class code')

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rearranging Replies in a Conversation

Many people responding to conversation posts end up starting a new post. This creates a disjointed conversation and some team members' ideas get lost or end up losing sight of the original post.

It would be GREAT if owners of teams had the ability to rearrange misplaced replies by adding them to the original post. Perhaps the "..." could have the option to move a post to make it a reply to another post?

As an owner, I would love this ability.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. censor Hate language

As a Teacher and owner of the team I'd like to be able to set some language conventions to be applied to the Conversations tab.

I'd like to be able to block all common swear words. Also the ability to add additonal custom words might be useful.

What would be amazing if MS could use some of it's AI powers to scan a message and flag comments it think might be abusive and hide them until the owner has approved them.

Currently Teams has the ability to mute people etc which is a useful tool. But it would be nice…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add the ability to add a Google Shared Drive to MS Teams files section

Please add the ability to add a Google Shared Drive to MS Teams files section

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. turn off comments on a post

I'd like the ability to turn off commenting on a post. For example, yesterday I posted a request for feedback in a team channel. The deadline for providing feedback was last night, but people are still commenting on the post. I'd like to be able to turn off the ability to add new comments to the post.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Grade Book at-a-glance

We would LOVE to be able to see all of the grades posted for an entire class over the course of a grading period.

• multiple assignments

• multiple students

• date selection/filter

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. grade fill

Being able to fill in grades for students/selected students. Everyone gets the same grade that is selected/in a group/in a class

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. larger feedback box in assignment with rubric

When using a rubric and giving feedback I find the feedback box I type in is really too small. I can view only a hand full of words in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Could it be increased in size? I often need to note specific grammar mistakes and I would like at least 5 rows of viewable space for typing feedback.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. download fails silently

Downloads should not fail silently. On failure, report why the download didn't work.

This is basic UX design. Get it together.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Link Files tab in a channel to a different document library

I have created a new channel and I want to keep files in a separate document library for that channel and not a sub-folder of Documents. I am able to add a tab in that channel, but the original Files tab remains. What would be great is to be able to right-click files and link it to the separate document library (not Documents). Alternatively, it would be useful to remove or hide Files so that there is no confusion as to where to find files.Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Assignments "To Grade" based on assignments turned in

Currently the Assignments "To Grade" simply show the amount of students in that class. Rather, it would make more sense for it to show the amount of students who have submitted that assignment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. integrate outlook into it - it already has calendar, but no emails - which means i have to have outlook open anyway...

Integrate outlook into it - it already has calendar, but no emails - which means I have to have outlook open anyway...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add resource to student assignment

As a teacher, I want to add work to a students assignment. This may be a photo I've taken or a video. This way I can keep all evidence of the student's work in one place for easy review later. This is different than adding a resource to the assignment when you create the assignment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search project cards on planner board

We use the Planner boards for organizing our projects. It would be great if we could run a search of the entire board as we have many projects and the scroll function can be cumbersome.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base