Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If this is meant to work for schools, there has to be a more user friendly way to print.

I need to print as a teacher, not often but currently I do and this approach is difficult/ near impossible. And for a class set... way too onerous.

There needs to be a way for the teacher to control the conversation. Just off the charts distractible in a lab.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like a way to look at two areas within Teams at the same time.

For instance the Conversations of a channel and a Chat. Or maybe within a Channel be able to look at the conversation and the other tabs/documents to look up information. Now, I if I need various info from one location, I copy and paste it into a document and then click to the location where I need it. (Lots of numbers...hard to remember...)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Party parrot?

We should have our own WGU Microsoft Team's mascot as an emoji! Sage the Night Owl in emoji form, we can spam each other relentlessly to build morale and rapport.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add another feature that would enable users to tell if someone is not at their desk.

The white circle is good to know if someone hasn't logged in yet, but the yellow circle isn't indicative of whether or not a person is at their desk or not. Maybe add a red circle if the person hasn't been active on their computer for around 15 minutes? I know there is a feature for users to change their status individually, but that is not something our users think about doing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to see the list of attendees in a large TEAMS room.

When I host a weekly team meeting of 16 people, it is very hard for me to tell who is actually in the room & who isn't. The initial bubbles collapse on top of each other. Could we have a list to scroll through showing those members in the room.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team NoteBooks page templates

Will the The Notebook Feature in teams ever be able to allow page templates to be added. currently if i add a template to MY teams class notebook when it is open in the One-note desktop that template is stripped away when it goes back to the teams notebook web view. example Cornell notes with lined paper. The lines from the paper template are removed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Connectors for Classroom

It seems by default, connectors in classrooms are disabled. I'd like to have an option to enable\disable on a tenant level.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I create an assignment, it takes out all the formating (i.e. spacing, indents, etc.).

Keep the formatting when putting in the instructions on an assignment. A larger window to work would also be great.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We need to demonstrate a dialogue of feedback.

We need to demonstrate a dialogue of feedback. So Student should be able to respond to the staff comment

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can assignments be accessible offline like One Note?

Sometimes I don't have access to the internet and it would be nice to grade papers without the internet. I tried to the other day and my internet wigged out on me and the assignments weren't accessible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assignment - My Work menu

Students should have automatic availability to create an Office Doc from the Assignment - My Work menu in addition to attaching an existing doc. Being able to create a word,excel,ppt just like Classroom Assignments had. And now just like 365 mail attachment menu has (which is an amazing feature!!). The teacher should not have to set this for each Assignment when they create it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. deactive

Microsoft Classroom had a feature that allow teachers to make classrooms active or deactivated. Could this feature be added to Teams for Education? This would be helpful especially where schools have Class teams created by SDS as there might be Teams created that might not yet be used by Teachers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Working Weblinks within Assignment Document

Teachers at my school have added website links within the documents students are using in Teams assignments. When they are within the document, students haven't been able to click on them as a hyperlink. I know we can put links in the Reference Material, but really it would be much easier for them to click on the link within the document to open up a website they need.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unterhaltungen

Es sollte möglich sein, unpassende Unterhaltungen zu löschen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sharing Pictures

It would be nice to have the ability to share just a picture within chat. I don't want to attach files which don't even work half the time or require permission.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Education] - Enable administrators to see and access every team

As a school it is important that we are able to check on the teams and messages of all of the students to make sure that they are not doing anything inappropriate. It would also help with assisting users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Paint pot

Can you please add the paint pot to the draw function so that students can use it to fill in large spaces.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notifications would be fantastic

I'm tired of opening this without notifications

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. View Student progress through Tiles instead of list

I would like to see each student assignment as a tile, rather than a list. Within the tile, I want to visibly see the progress. This makes it easier to see that all students have started on one screen. Then I will be able to check in with students who aren't on pace with the rest of class. It is time consuming to click on every student link to see if he/she has started.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filter Giphy

You can change the settings for a Team to restrict content from Giphy, but there doesn't appear to be a way to limit results in private chats to work-appropriate content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base