Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Assignment

So you've changed the assignments portion so as we have to pick a certain subject in order to view the assignment in that particular subject only. Please change it back to the old version (where we can see all the subjects' assignments at once) so that we can see what we have/ need to work on (ps: please do it, i almost missed one assignment because of it :')

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A view all assignments and view all completed assignments button

This will make it easier and faster way to find assignments that are completed and not completed for the students. Right now to find their assignment for each class is clicking on each team to find what assignment they have.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. be able to delete chats

after you reply to someone it opens a new chat and you should be able to delete it

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Call more than 20 in chat, using tags.

We create separate groups within our class (team) group, using tags. 'Group A (5 students)', 'Group B (5 students)'. We also have a tag 'Entire class', with 30 members.

When we go to 'Chat with group', a group chat for this tags opens. But with over 20 people, we cannot call them anymore.

What is the best way to call an entire class? Instead of them having to join a meeting?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the settings for uploading pictures in Assignments

My students who own an Iphone cannot upload several pictures because Iphone names all the pictures 'image'. They cannot change the name of the pictures on their Iphone. Maybe you could make the app allow pictures with the same name to be uploaded, otherwise my students cannot send me pictures of their homework through Teams, we have to use other platforms.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let us decide the shortcuts

I need to be able to change the mute and other keyboard shortcuts not just have them set to something i will likely forget or will accidentally press mid meeting

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Q and A message board

A separate message board where students can ask questions exclusively to the teacher without interference

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Start work week on Sunday

It seems that Teams has realized that some people's weekend is Fridays and Saturday. That's already an accomplishment so thank you! However, in the application the week still starts on Mondays, then has Fridays and Saturdays as the weekend kinda awkwardly in the middle, and Sundays at the end of the week. We start on Sundays!!! So can we please move them to the beginning of the week?!

Oh and while you're at it: Please also make sure that this feature reflects into the setting of meeting series. Because if you schedule a meeting to occur every working week day,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scheduled Muting

Have scheduled muting option so students have restricted chat hours or have option to chat during meetings only in a team. I.e. Unmuted Mon - Fri 08:30 -16:00, muted at all other times for teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow multiple functions in Planner

Add multiple functions to Planner:
    - when changing/commenting task to allow to send notification ONLY to people who follow the card with the task, not to the whole channel
    - be able tag people in comment @ on the task card
    - add function to edit/delete comments in task card
    - be able to track down the changes in planner (by whom, when, what was changed)
    - add function to create more labels of colors of your choice

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Visual marker for re-submitted work in assignments

Is it possible to have a visual marker in the assignments so that I can tell which work has been re-submitted since I returned it?

Let's say I grade 20 assignments out of 30. The next day when I go back to grade the last 10, But I'll see that there are now 15 to grade. This is because 5 students have looked at my feedback and resubmitted their work. But, from glancing at all the assignments, I cannot tell which assignments have been re-submitted and which are the last 10 I need to grade from the original batch.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you changed how assignment are shown it is terrible it is very confusing and difficult to see

When you changed how assignment are shown it is terrible it is very confusing and difficult to see pleas change it back

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi, Can you add the reply and forward option for a message and Images. This would help avoiding the confusion over the flow of messages.

when two or more people are responding to a message / image ... the response to a specific message won't be captured as its just continuous. If you can add reply to every specifi messages and the responses can be tracked back. applying the forward option to the message would allow replicating the message to more people in the team. Making it applicable to the image also helps a lot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow choice of where to save each file before downloading"

When user needs to download a file, often the user has a place in mind (other than Downloads) for the file. Allow user to choose to be asked where to save the downloaded file. This will often save steps for many users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add Meet now in the android mobile app

Please add Meet now in the android mobile app

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Additional features

As a teacher I have used a variety of applications to keep students grade books and have found some really good ideas but unfortunately they are on different applications.

An individualized class seating chart would be great where you can give marks for good and bad behaviour, tardiness recording.

There are apps out there but they are not very intuitive. All teachers have a different seating arrangement so if this could a way create tables in rows, groups of two’s threes in any orientation that could look exactly like the classroom set up with names on that would help speed…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blocking student access to live use of PowerPoints

When a teacher is trying use a PowerPoint in the meeting students should not be able to play around with it at the same time. Students should only be able to download the file to be worked through.

I had students continuously messing around with the PowerPoint while I was trying to teach. It becomes counter-productive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. automatic mic adjustment in teams

Automatically adjust mic sound levels to the voice of the person speaking.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When students are removed from a team, it would be helpful to be able to still see their name attached to assignments.

Currently, when students are removed from a team, the assignments are no longer listed by name, but as "NO LONGER ENROLLED." When a student is unenrolled from a class, I would like to still be able to identify who the assignment belonged to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. To-Do, Calendar

Have the ability to pop out a To-Do list and to add a Calendar support to see which assignments are due and when. Also, automatically add assignment due dates as soon as a teacher integrates it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base