Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the original Teams App available for download

We have the iPad Mini 2 and it can't download the iOS past 9.3. The Teams App needs at least 10.0. The old Teams App would work, but it is not available for download. Can you make the old app available for download OR give us a work around so that my students and teachers can use Teams?

Thank you for you consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. keyboard shortcut for changing availability status

Allow one to more quickly change their availability status using keyboard shortcuts. Change availabilities automatically to away when computer is locked or user inactivity for a certain period.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Cameron responded

Students can always turnin again for accidental submissions leading upto the due date.

4. Add a message when adding members

When I add a member to Teams, I would like to be able to add a message to the automated email, just like you can do when sharing a notebook or file from OneDrive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can we please bring back ADD NEW FILE for students!!!

BEFORE, Students AND Teachers were able to ADD NEW FILE, choosing Word, PPT, or Excel. Now, only teachers can. This poses a problem for students because they would have to leave Office 365, and create a new document, save it, and then go back to Teams, and then upload it. Please bring this old feature back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Locked Documents

For some reason, the same file was uploaded twice; however, Teams won't allow me to delete either file, nor will it allow me to rename either file, because they are supposedly "locked", even though I'm using the same account and email address. It's incredibly frustrating, especially when my peers need to comment on my work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the "points" on the assignment a float rather than integer. I often say to student "but I only nicked you half a point".

Make the "points" on the assignment a float rather than integer. I often say to my student "but I only nicked you half a point". Even though I could double the number of points and drop one, it is important to let the student "see" it as a minor error.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Learning Conversations

Make it possible for students to reply to feedback in a message stream fashion so teachers can re-mark improved work. Linked to this make i

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. overview of student progress over the year

to be able to see an overview of your (student) progress over the year, not just individual assignments

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Leverage Stream for Flipped Learning

Integrate Microsoft Stream in to Microsoft Teams to allow teachers and students to flip learning, similar to FlipGrid.

Here is an example workflow:

Teacher creates a new Stream Tab called "Introduce yourself"

Students can upload videos to the Stream Channel that is permissioned for the members of the Team only directly within the app.

Pretty much FlipGrid with the O365 ecosystem.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We need to let students hand in their text work in the school assignment in Teams

It simply doesn't work yet... I am able to create assignments and to give instructions to students, but they can't use the document where they are supposed to write their text so that I would receive their work in Teams. Instead they have to share Word documents with me which becomes a mess in my e/mail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i cannot create a team

when i click on the add team nothing happens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove the giant splash screen in Conversations and Files

After I've used Teams once, I get that you have Conversations in the conversations space, and that you upload Files in the Files space... PLEASE remove the giant splash screens that invite the user to do that in the entire visible space once there are any files or conversations that exist. Its wastes screen real estate and is very obnoxious.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. WYSIWYG when editing an assignment

When creating an assignment, I would have expected a tiny wysiwyg editor to formulate the wording of the assignment.
    I would swap platforms (Google Classroom, Schoology, etc.) just for this feature, it really seems a basic thing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teachers being able to edit word documents.

Right now, I do not have the option to edit student work that is submitted. I do not want to have to open each student document in a new tab in order to give substantial feedback. If this could be made available, like it is for the students when work is specified, it would be helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit submissions in Word

I would like to be able to chose to edit submissions in Word rather than having to go through the online version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Want to add a group of students from same team to different channels.

I'm an Educator and want to add a group of students from same team to different channels. For example Team "Year-8", want to add few students to Channel "Video", few to "Blog" and rest to "Podcast". Possible?

Please help & suggest.

Thanks in advance

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base