Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. So my question, “Is classroom going away?” Teams isn’t as good as a product that Classroom. Classroom meets the needs of students and teac

So my question, “Is classroom going away?” Teams isn’t as good as a product that Classroom. Classroom meets the needs of students and teachers. TEAMS DOES NOT!!. According to this article Classroom is going away and support for classroom ended yesterday. Put classroom in teams today. That is what your article says and nothing is there. I will not teach or help impletment teams into the classroom until classroom is in teams.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Microsoft-Classroom-Preview-features-are-moving-to-Microsoft-Teams-aea2bae4-40d3-4a10-bd69-ea8fc7313795?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Is classroom going away? YES or NO If it is then I need to find something that will meet the students needs and teams does not.

If…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow shut-off of automatic loading without deleting Team

Upon start-up it takes a few minutes for Team to load and allow access to the operating system. To stop this I must uninstall or delete team

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. add students class notebook

I added a new member but it did not create a personal tab for them in the Class Notebook. I also tried to access this trough the Class Notebook App in Office 365 but the TEAM Class Notebook does not appear. Help!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link to team or channel should prompt user to add channel

Upon creating a public team and channel, I sent a link of the team in an email. When users clicked on the link, it did not take them to the team or channel. It took them to teams application but not the specific team. I was hosting a chat in a specific channel but no one could get to it. I had to walk every individual through the process of adding, searching, and finding the channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ringtone Options

Allowing for users to change the ringtones of calls to better classify as a particular person or group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add a feature where you can unmute temporarily with the space bar

Please add a feature where you can unmute temporarily with the space bar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mute Microsoft Teams and be able to listen to other tabs

I don't want to have to mute whoever is talking so I can listen to something in another application like Chrome, Spotify, etc. I want a "Mute Audio" button that mutes the audio coming from Teams without having either to mute my device completely or mute whoever is talking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Producer background in Live Event

Allow the Producer of a Live Event to change their background. Sometimes, as the producer, I also present. However, I don't see a way to change my background...and I work in my closet :).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Kicking people out of meetings

I hold daily class meetings with my students. Someone is repeatedly kicking some students out of the meeting. We have talked about norms. I have no idea who is doing it, but it is becoming a huge disruption to our meetings and to student learning. Please make it so only the person who is the meeting organizer can kick people out and mute them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shut off the chat option when the meeting is over or cancelled. Only to be accessed by the host of the meeting.

Shut off the chat option when the meeting is over or cancelled. Only to be accessed by the host of the meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Is there any way to weight assignments? It would be useful if grades showed how much an assignment is worth for the overall course.

It would be useful if we could add the weight of an assignment relative to the overall course as well as giving a learner's total mark for the course.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. What if we made students work for ranks?

We make them work for like C.E.O and executive manager and all that. We can get a good idea of how they're strengths will help and weaken them and their weaknesses overcome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Student Assignments

Can we go back to this....when you give an assignment to the class "under assignments" you now have to click that students can edit the copy - can this just be a given? So many times I forget to do this. I think it is a given that students can edit their copy of the assignment once I have given it to the class. If I didn't want them to edit - I would put it under files.
    Thanks for considering,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to draw in Teams Assignments in Word~

I want to be able to grade in teams and draw on documents in Teams without downloading every single document! It would make grading so much quicker!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom Styles Font Formatting

Right now, when applying a style like Heading 1, OneNote defaults to only one kind of header in Calibri blue font. It would be great to create custom styles for uniform formatting like we do in Microsoft Word. While we can copy/paste from Word it would be great to do that in OneNote directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add student and assignment name to Files uploaded by a student

When a student uploads a file in Teams, the file keeps the random filename my student created. In many cases this is image.jpg or something like that. When you download the file, you end up with hundred of files with meaningless names. My students are 11, and they frequently forget to write their names.

With turnitin.com, when you download student work, the account name of the student is automatically appended to the file name.

It would be great if some kind of id information was appended to the filename so you could sort it easily.

Also, it woud be nice…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a limited set of emojis (thumbs up, thumbs down, heart etc) for use in video meetings, like the Hands Up feature

Having the option to express support, disagreement etc without interrupting a video meeting / video lesson would help presenters / speakers to gauge response to comments & suggestions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base