Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hold my place when I navigate away from a channel or a file.

I thought I saw this idea posted before, but can't find it now. Every time I leave a tab on my Team's channel or a file I am looking at and come back to it seconds later (e.g. to check a message that just came in a chat or conversation), I have lost my page and place. Whatever app is under the tab (OneNote, Word etc.) reloads and opens up on the first page. I have to reselect the page and/or scroll again to what I was looking at. Is there any way that it could hold my place if…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. overview of student progress over the year

to be able to see an overview of your (student) progress over the year, not just individual assignments

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Students cannot login to Teams

Approximately 30-40% of my class in any given period will not be able to log into Teams. They try from home and from school. Other teachers in the school report having the same experience. It's not always the same students who encounter difficulties. They might hit Try Again four or five times, and suddenly get in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Edit submissions in Word

I would like to be able to chose to edit submissions in Word rather than having to go through the online version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. search

I'm using the Team app (Mac version) and have no way to search my screen (like when I'm looking at the wiki space). I know I would have this if I were using the browser version. Could searching the screen be incorporated into future app versions? Then again, if Teams had a search whole teams space feature available, this might not be needed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to see the list of attendees in a large TEAMS room.

When I host a weekly team meeting of 16 people, it is very hard for me to tell who is actually in the room & who isn't. The initial bubbles collapse on top of each other. Could we have a list to scroll through showing those members in the room.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Just copy Google Classroom as it has all the features that Teams lacks.

Enable pupils to resubmit their work AFTER it has been marked so they can improve it, I can not find a way of doing this. Be able to write and assignment and then issue it to different classes. Be able to extract all of a classes marks and export it into a spreadsheet. Be able to send a class e-mail out. Make it easier to add team members as I have to copy full e-mail address in as it doesn't recognise part names. There are other deficiencies but these are the biggest so far.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Team NoteBooks page templates

Will the The Notebook Feature in teams ever be able to allow page templates to be added. currently if i add a template to MY teams class notebook when it is open in the One-note desktop that template is stripped away when it goes back to the teams notebook web view. example Cornell notes with lined paper. The lines from the paper template are removed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Onenote Class Notebook adding/deleting students

Right now OneNote Class Notebook does not admit adding nor deleting students created with TEAMS.
    When
    Will it be solved with the October update or is there any workaround to solve it?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a code for each Team/channel like google used to do.

Creating a code for each Team/channel like Google does, would allow easier access for parents/visitor. As I create a Team, a code is automatically generated. I then share this code with with a students/parents who are then able to join the team. Access can be controlled by the team owner deactivating the code after a certain period.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide the same Present functions in MS Teams that are available in SfB.

Provide the same "Present" functions in MS Teams that are available in SfB.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chat groups would be nice

In the Chat tab, it would be nice to be able to create group to put people in, like favorites but customizable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Students should have partner classes.

If students need to work in partners or groups, they should have a partner tab so that way the whole class doesn't see their work and copy it, and teachers can have no access until the assignment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View Student progress through Tiles instead of list

I would like to see each student assignment as a tile, rather than a list. Within the tile, I want to visibly see the progress. This makes it easier to see that all students have started on one screen. Then I will be able to check in with students who aren't on pace with the rest of class. It is time consuming to click on every student link to see if he/she has started.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Feedback in Teams

As I grade a PowerPoint 2016 file that I gave to the kids to complete online using PowerPoint 365 via an assignment in TEAMs, I LOVE that I can offer feedback with paragraph breaks. That way I can send multiple paragraphs to the kids.

What I find very discouraging is when the kids view their “returned PP365” file, the feedback from me loses all the paragraph breaks and empty lines between my typed feedback paragraphs. Instead of seeing an empty line between each paragraph or thought, the kids ONLY see ONE BIG long paragraph.

If the feedback the kids viewed…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Private Tab?

Question- Is there a way to create a Tab that work in a way like STUDENT SECTION in Classnotebook? Ex- i want to give grades and remarls to my students, and I want each student to see it, only their own, without the ability to edit. How can I do this in a Teams tab?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Profile Photos in Assignments

Student profile photos\avatars currently do not show in the Assignments area. Would be great if they did like the Conversations area.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Forms + Teams

Je peux mettre un forms dans mes devoirs. Par contre, si je veux lui attribuer un résultat, je dois aller dans l'application Microsoft Forms pour le voir et ensuite l'entrer manuellement dans Teams. Cela serait vraiment bien si le résultat pouvait s'intégrer automatiquement. De plus, quand je publie les résultats, l'élève devrait avoir une notifications qui apparaît dans ses activités pour voir directement son résultat. Merci, vous faites du beau travail.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base