Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification for updates in notes/notebook

The possibility to turn on notification for notebooks - when someone updates it you get a notification. Same notification options as chat/channel etc

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grouping chat conversations

Hi All,

I've been working with Teams for two days now. I use it to create project teams at school. I really like it! :)

One feature that I miss in Teams is; within "Chat" I'd like to group multiple chats into groups, linked to a team for example. That will create a lot more overview and will give you a better ability to manage the chats, I think.

Thank you, M Barbouch

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Searching Teams, open OneNote

We'd like to be able to actually see/open the OneNote page that shows in search results when searching Files in Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Theme

can it be set to keep the theme you choose, the part where it gives the choice of default, dark, and high contrast.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A list of who has logged into the Team

Wondering if we could have a way to know which students/parents are signing into the app. I can tell who I have added BUT I cannot tell who is logging and keeping informed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. send an email to my students directly from Teams?

Could you make it possible for teachers to email students right in the Teams platform?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Clearer Identification of Active Activity

I find it very difficult to identify who I have chats from. Just having the name bolded is not clear enough amount all the other information on the screen. In Skype there is a little dot next to the name of anyone that has sent you a message you haven't read. I don't need the dot specifically, but I need some other more visible notification or identification.

In the attached file it is clear that I have a chat, but in the full list of people on my favorites and recent, it take a moment to track down who I've…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "My Tasks" in Microsoft Teams

We are able to discretely split Planner into sections through the Channels in Teams by adding a Planner tab - but there is no way to see all assigned tasks across channels within Teams (like you have in the Planner app).

If I access My Tasks in Planner, I can see my tasks that actually sit in these channels, but not through the main plan, which means I need to access my Channel tasks in Teams, but go into Planner to see all of my tasks in one place.

Not easy to describe, I hope this makes sense!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Issues with TEAMS:

Concerns:

Let's assume that a teacher is creating each class team by first clicking on the TEAMS icon accessed after signing in to Microsoft 365. That said, here are some problems I and other colleagues encountered:

1) Under the FILE tab in a class TEAM, the teacher is unable to create a FOLDER in which to organize documents.

2) A teacher is unable to arrange the files in a preferred order. There are only two options: arrange by date and/or by most recent.

3)When using CONVERSATIONS, the messages sent and the replies are listed in the order they were written.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Embed a Team's Channel in another webpage

I wish I could embed a channel in another webpage using an iframe. It would make integration into my LMS so much easier!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change Name

I prefer my class website to say Ms. Lastname, not my full first and last name. It would be great if we could edit our name like Yammer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Markdown button under compose box & plain/WYSIWYG compose modes

Add a Markdown button below the compose box that when clicked, will show a list of markdown options, to explain how to format code. Also, to have these options clickable to add the given template to he compose box, allowing a user to manipulate the text. This allow first timers to develop an understanding for what it's saying quickly.
    I've attached a Word document showing a preferable way to how this should be formatted, unlike the help page where the input and output have different text, making it confusing.

Also to have a plain text mode option for the compose…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. a hyperlink option in reply would be fantastic

have the option to hyperlink files

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. interface

1. I would love to have a unified experience (waffle access) while in Teams.

2. Post assignments to more than one Team at the same.

3. In the calendar view...students need to see all assignments in an agenda view...as well as assignments all open assignments.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be nice to have a feature that allows us as teachers to have an adapted scheduled release of a document or assignment

It would be nice to have a feature that allows us as teachers to have an adapted scheduled release of a document or assignment so that we can just upload all documents and set a release date/closing date and track who has opened it

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to disable assignment resubmission

Currently student are allowed to resubmit assignments endlessly. It would be good if there is an option to disallow resubmissions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom Screen Name or Choose Format

It would be nice to either be able to change the format for your name (so that when tagging people in a conversation, it doesn't show up awkwardly as Last, First MI). Even better would be to setup optional screen names within Teams so that such tags reflect your commonly used name.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Too many features for K-12 Students- We want Classroom Back!

There are too many features,chat options, video meeting options, etc. for K-12 students. We loved the simplistic view and feel of Classroom. PLEASE bring this back. The teachers and students need it!!!!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base