Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow students to submit non-office files (like c-code) for assignments

The title says it; any file type (or at least more coding file types) should be allowed so the students don't have to copy this manually into a Word document (which obviously won't run/compile).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. manage member lists for each channel

A roster can be created for members to certain channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. student created tests

I would love to be able to create quizzes for my fellow students to take as test prep. Can that be available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reply to students chat using pencil on iPad

A typical problem we face, that students take pictures of an example they have a problem to solve. For a simpler way to answer, it will be helpful, if when replying to the student the question would be placed on top of a page and the professor could just write the answer either with her/his apple pencil or using her/his keyboard. For Maths & Physics LaTex support would be very helpful, at least at the level of Microsoft Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow user to choose time limits for availability.

Team shows me away after 10-15minutes, but I'm still working at my computer. I would like to control the idle times like Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sort assignments by category

Students and Teachers should be able to filter assignments by category in the assignments section, not just in each individual team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Poor translations need to be improved

The language in translated versions of Teams should be proofread by qualified humans. The button "schedule" that must be clicked to post tasks in the future has been autotranslated to "tidsplan" in Norwegian, which is a correct translation of the noun "schedule", but it makes no sense in a context which requires a verb. A human would spot this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Word Document Bookmarks and Hyperlinks Not Functioning in Teams - Only in Desktop App

I created document bookmarks and hyperlinks within a long document, so our team can efficiently identify needed content; however, that feature is not accessible in the Teams or Browser view. That feature is only available in the Desktop App.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More than One Person Open a Doc Using Desktop App

When more than one person attempts to open a document using the desktop app, the document closes. There should be a way for more than one person to open the same document using the desktop app, as many features in the Desktop App are not available in View in Teams or View in Browser. This makes document collaboration challenging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Redesign the UI

I find the layout completely incomprehensible. It's just an assortment of material design components barfed all over the canvas. There's so much UI hidden behind and under stuff, frames without borders so you don't know where the menu ends, the content begins or where the scroll bar is at, which itself is TINY and doesn't scroll all the way to the bottom of what appears to be the content window. It just hurts to use it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple channels selection - to set same settings all in one go

It would be very helpful if we could select multiple channels in Microsoft Teams by holding SHIFT or CONTROL and clicking.
    This would help when setting the same channel notification settings all in one go for the selected channels, rather than having to do it individually for every channel one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. more print options

We need more print options in Shifts. More ways to make the fonts bigger and ways to only print individual schedules. Thanks!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mark assignments as handed in/cleared/hand in for students/attach file button?

Sometimes students email assignments or do group assignments. It would be good to be able to mark their assignments as turned in/cleared in teams. Both for the students and teachers to get a overwiev. It would also be good with a attach file button to be able to return a assignment/or a wordfile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include a Kanban board into teams

Can you please look to include a Kanban board into teams? This will help the community in visualizing the work and will aid in productivity.
    Check out how a simple Kanban looks in outlook.
    https://youtu.be/DBCNxzDLf_g (not recommending to use flow-e.. would love for teams to have this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Messaging

I think that there shouldn't be the 'feed' section because it means that you cant see the new messages from piers, and you can only see messages where people have tagged things. A lot of my piers feel the same way and that it is a very annoying trait and downfall of the app MSTeams. I also don't like how you need a code to create teams and that is annoying as well as I cannot create teams between few people, just in our classes. This would be great if this could be fixed in the future :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mail Merge

Need to add mail merge to Teams so people can edit word and integrate excel for letters/emails

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Attach a single one note page to a post

I tried to post a collaboration page using a share link but it just takes my students to one note home. I'd like to be able to post a collab page in the posts tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base