Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Games

Allow Quizlet matching and gravity to automatically appear in the app instead of opening a new tab on Google. Have some simple games like pong or snake to occasionally relieve the stress of both students and teachers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deploy Teams app into Program Files like a regular, not-insane app

How about installing the Teams program into the Program Files folder, instead of doing crazy, insane shenanigans in the user's profile? You install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, everything else into Program Files. Why pull this crazy ****?

Please get yourself in order and stop inflicting this nonsense onto organisations. If you need to constantly update, then set up a service that will do this, like Mozilla Firefox's maintenance service.

MSI-installing a second installer into Program Files is lunacy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. include notes in shifts when approving swaps or show that a shift has been swapped

When using Microsoft shifts (formally staffhub) it would be good to be able to see which shifts have been swapped between team members. or to be able to add a note to the shift at the time of the swap to say "must be early shift" for example.
    This would avoid managers changing shifts to different shifts later as there is nothing to show that the swap took place previously without trawling through old approvals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. deleting messages

being able to delete messages you type would be good, for example if you have a huuge typo or say the completely wrong thing or if you say something you didn't mean that could hurt someones feelings, there are a loot of reasons why just I wish you could easily delete messages but only ones you post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create New Documents Under Files Tab in Chat

Add the option to create new documents within chat (under the File tab) similar to how a new document can be created in a channel. Currently I can only share a document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Staff Collaboration

I would like to have a Shared Channel Feature in a Team. We currently have people who belong to different Teams who at times may work on a project together (CENTRAL Office with Classroom Teacher) they do not belong to the same Team. I could not make a Private Channel in the Team and add the teacher. I do not want to make a bunch of Teams or have others make a Team when they may only use the Team for a project or a Teaching Unit. So I would like the ability to make a Private Channel where I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make folders Read Only

Hi,

We are switching a lot of things to Teams and one of these workstreams involves sharing confidential files with a select group. Whilst we want the group to be able to view the files in Teams, we don't want them to be able to download any of them, meaning that we can control who has the files. Basically they should be only able to access the files in Teams and not be able to store them on any of their devices.

Because the users will be accessing Teams at different locations and through different devices, the Class Materials workaround…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notification that work

Start working on notifications more diligently - Android has tight security on notifications, so if you want Teams to succeed, you've got to make it work, immediately, without fail. We can't afford to miss crucial messages at our organization, and it needs to be more than just consistent - it needs to be simple to setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Save posts when channel deleted"

Save Conversations\Posts when a Channel is deleted, like you do with files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Including a screen grab / capture a small part of the screen and share as an image in Teams

It would be helpful if we could have a button in Teams to capture a small part of the screen and share as an image, something like the select tool in Paint. It helps share a part of the document or small diagrams with colleagues during discussions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto-correct

Sometimes when I type the spelling fix im looking for doesnt come up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Group collaboration

I would like to be able to assign group assignments in TEAMS where students get the same document or PowerPoint to edit together. Not just only being able to make a copy for each student. The only way to do this right now is to assign one student the document of PowerPoint, and students have to share out, but this makes the workflow much harder....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I can't change my profile pic

It doesn't let me change my profile pic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't Average A Rubric Option

I would like to see an option where the rubric grades are broken down by category and NOT averaged. We used standards based grading, and I need to grade each category separately, but when I print or look at the "grades" it averages them out. I would like to see a score sheet that has each category name, and what they scored.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. After choosing the order of files from A to Z, it's not kept like that next time the folder is accessed

After choosing the order of files from A to Z, it's not kept like that next time the folder is accessed, restoring to the order by modification date. The order option should be saved until the user decides to change it again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. One Stop support

Teams needs to have a One-Stop support process for educators. When there is a problem with Teams and a different MS app, Teams has sent me to the other Office 365 support page for assistance, but they do not offer direct support.The support is not there for educators to resolve issues effectively and promptly. Other Office 365 apps require you to go to your Office Account Administer to send in the ticket to resolve the issues, which often adds another layer of barriers. Teams Education support should have the ability to triage and send the ticket to the appropriate department.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shifts should default to the current day/week

Shifts should default to the current day/week, depending upon the view you are utilizing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Files are not in A-Z order

I would appreciate you can files stay in A-Z order

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. no

no

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show other teams with unread messages while viewing a team

My institution creates multiple teams (many departments have their own team), and each team has many channels to organize discussion. When I view a team, though, I cannot see other teams I'm a part of, and don't see an indication of new discussion in another team without clicking back to "< All teams".

It would be great if a small list of all my teams were present at the top of the desktop app when viewing any team, perhaps above "< All teams". Their icons could be translucent until a new message is posted in any channel, and maybe outlined…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base