Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Print Feedback for students

I spent a great deal of time typing feedback for my students to review. However, I learned that many did not actually go back into the system to view the feedback. It would be helpful if there was a way to print the comments that I wrote for my students' assignments. (Maybe a field could be added to the Excel spreadsheet export.)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable enter to send and more screen real-estate for composing long posts/replies

Hopefully the title is self explanatory.

We've just started using teams and some of the discussion topics around items we're running discovery activity on are like small essays of words and pictures. If you hit enter for a new line whilst composing it posts the message ahead of when you actually wanted to send it and you have to go to edit and started again.
    Also, given the number of paragraphs and images we're adding, the tiny composing window isn't usable.

Thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow users to add/create teams from the mobile apps

Lots of users are mobile-only, so it seems like an oversight to require users to sign into the desktop app to add themselves to teams or create a new one before they can even use the mobile app. The mobile app finds my info just fine, why not team info too?

(Topic cloned from public request - due to EDU not having this functionality at this time. )

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable Functions In Teams

As an IT admin we need the ability to lock/ disable certain features within Teams. Right now we have the ability to disable the chat function which is great. However students are clever and will always find a workaround. They are currently using the 'Video Chat' option to cyber bully other students. We receive several complaints from teachers in regards to students having to much access and needing to be limited. If we can have the option to limit the use of certain features in Teams that would be great!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. reply only setting in Channel

Hi, it would be great to have a setting where only the Owner (teacher) can make new posts in a conversation thread, and all others (students) can only reply to the posts. Therefore students cannot create new posts. Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Status

It would be great if a status would "stick" for more than five minutes. When I'm working with a student, and my status changes to "available," the chances that we'll be interrupted increases a lot.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to be invisible in Teams so other people can't see my presence.

I would like to be invisible in Teams so other people can't see my presence.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the Share Button when editing document within Teams

When you select the edit in Excel you get a Share Button that will allow you to share the link. If you edit a spreadsheet within Teams their isn't a share link button.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. email

At a predetermined time each day EMAIL A DIGEST of assignments to students. At say 4pm each pupil would receive a digest of
    1. Assignments set that day with links back to the assignments in Teams.
    2. Assignments due to be turned in, arranged by date due in

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Assignments over a span of time

Could Assignments be set to display on the date they're assigned through the due date? I often have projects or papers that take more than one class day to complete. In Teams, can we set a start and due date for assignments? Many of my projects & papers take more than one day. Finding the due date two weeks from today to open the assignment can be frustrating for students. Seeing it in the calendar and/or the Assignment tab would make it easier for students to find.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Publisher.

My students create various projects using Publisher and I can't view them to grade in Teams

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inserting files into the Teams OneNote from the Teams Files area.

To be able to insert files directly from the Teams 'Files' area within the Teams 'OneNote'. Presently this can only be done by downloading and then uploading.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to rename a channel to something that was deleted

It's crazy you can rename a channel to a channel you deleted and doesn't' exist anymore. I thought this was even a design flaw as if you delete something, you've marked it as 'gone'.

Example

We create a channel called BOOK
    We delete it. It doesn't exist anymore.
    A day later, we try to create a channel called BOOK again.
    It doesn't let us when Teams should!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i believe that you should make T-bot like a siri and alexa to mak eit equally fun as well as educational

i believe that you should make T-bot like a Siri and Alexa to make it equally fun as well as educational

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. File folders in Teams: same functionality as Windows Explorer

• Adding columns (e.g. author of the file) is not possible

• Changing width of colums not possible

• Sorting files of a folder has to be redone everytime you opened one of the files

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allowing Staff Notebook Owner to act as a member (named section)

We are using Teams and subsequent OneNote staff notebook as a way of managing appraisal and professional development. The Principal and Senior Leader responsible for professional development are setup as owners of the staff PD team and all other staff have been added as members. Each staff member has a dedicated private section under their name where lesson observation and appraisal documentation is stored. This is working well and both the Principal and Senior Leader can see all staff sections, with staff only having access to their own.

However, the Principal and Senior Leader are also teachers and therefore would…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow me to add external users as guest!!!!!

Allow me to add external users as guest!!!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move channel

It would be great if channels can be moved, or if the "parent" can be modified. This is in the case for channels that are growing where you don't want to necessarily invite everyone into the parent Teams group. Drag and drop may be asking for a bit too much, but just the ability to change the "parent" would be fantastic. Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding a notes section on the right side

I used co-meeting prior to Teams. In that, they had an easy to navigate screen that had the posts in the middle (aligned left) with a note section to the right. This made it very easy for teachers to see everything in one shot rather than having to go to the top to click notes.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Assigments on iPad

Teams works very well on different devices. But on my iPad there is no Assigment. I must always go to an Computer to see this.
    Please can you add it in the iPad app?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base