Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Focussing in new conversation

When you add a new conversation and press enter, the mouse cursor focus remains in the box for a new conversation. Wouldn´t it be more useful to stay in the reply box for the conversation just added?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assignments tab

could we please have a drop down calendar so that I don't have to click a million times to get to draft assignment dates.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Team Presence displayed

When you are in the Conversation tab, we should be able to quickly see the members of that Team (like we can in a Group in SharePoint) and see their presence without having to click on the Team's name to see all the members.

This would be useful to not wait for a response from someone in the Team if everybody is Offline.

Being able to quickly see the Team members is also useful specially when you are working in different teams with different Team members.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Url tab with shared urls for a chat or room.

Add a new tab that displays all the urls shared with a contact or shared in a room.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. team index, welcom page

it would be nice to have, or creat a team index, welcom page.

Now al the Team sites starts with a chat start screen.
    Better is to have a clean index/welcom page with detail about your team/class etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to load a FILE to multiple TEAMS at one time istead of repeating the process again and again.

A lot of wasted time reposting the same information to multiple TEAMS (aka Classes) Should have option to click to post files to multiple TEAMS (or classes) with a simple click.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can we switch back and forth between channels without losing access to the word doc I am working on?

So my Team and I work on multiple documentations. It would be great to work on word docs and not lose access while switching back and forth between diff channels.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Status

Allow users to determine their status. Allow user to put "away" versus it automatically sending you to away after a predetermined time frame.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. planner

View Planner in diffrent channels when viewing from Planner tool on the Internet. I dont se my plans in Planner because they are created in a channel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Could you please add more options on grading the assignments within Teams?

The 0-100 points grading might not be sufficient for some. In Norway we use grades F - A and 1 - 6 with +/- behind the grade to tell the students if they are close to an other grade (i.e. 5+ or B-).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. what is difference between microsoft teams notifications all vs call,mention,chat and can I change the sound it makes

I also would like to be able to pick difference sounds. In the meantime I am trying to understand the difference in sound choices ALL vs. just call, mention, and chat. What do I not get if I don't pick ALL?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Take Control of Desktop Sharing

My coworker was able to share his desktop with me in Teams, but I was unable to take control of it as to show him how to do something. Skype has this ability, which is what I had to switch over to, and you may already be working to add this functionality to Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. iOS App scheduling meetings

PLEASE can we have the ability to schedule meetings direct from the iOS and Android apps? We want to use Teams in our boarding school to have boarders schedule 'meetings' letting us know when they will be away from the House on an activity etc. The boarders will do that if it is a click on their phones but not if they have to find a computer and log onto it!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make more roles like member co-owner admin but no one else should be able to kick the person who made the tame

Make more roles like member co-owner admin but no one else should be able to kick the person who made the tame

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a message when adding members

When I add a member to Teams, I would like to be able to add a message to the automated email, just like you can do when sharing a notebook or file from OneDrive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I wish that when managing settings, I could upload an image to select a theme.

If I have classes that are of the same prep, I would love to view the image as a quick reference to identify the class.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can we please bring back ADD NEW FILE for students!!!

BEFORE, Students AND Teachers were able to ADD NEW FILE, choosing Word, PPT, or Excel. Now, only teachers can. This poses a problem for students because they would have to leave Office 365, and create a new document, save it, and then go back to Teams, and then upload it. Please bring this old feature back.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hold my place when I navigate away from a channel or a file.

I thought I saw this idea posted before, but can't find it now. Every time I leave a tab on my Team's channel or a file I am looking at and come back to it seconds later (e.g. to check a message that just came in a chat or conversation), I have lost my page and place. Whatever app is under the tab (OneNote, Word etc.) reloads and opens up on the first page. I have to reselect the page and/or scroll again to what I was looking at. Is there any way that it could hold my place if…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base