Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Education] - Enable administrators to see and access every team

As a school it is important that we are able to check on the teams and messages of all of the students to make sure that they are not doing anything inappropriate. It would also help with assisting users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paint pot

Can you please add the paint pot to the draw function so that students can use it to fill in large spaces.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notifications would be fantastic

I'm tired of opening this without notifications

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. View Student progress through Tiles instead of list

I would like to see each student assignment as a tile, rather than a list. Within the tile, I want to visibly see the progress. This makes it easier to see that all students have started on one screen. Then I will be able to check in with students who aren't on pace with the rest of class. It is time consuming to click on every student link to see if he/she has started.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filter Giphy

You can change the settings for a Team to restrict content from Giphy, but there doesn't appear to be a way to limit results in private chats to work-appropriate content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. One Note as default start page in Teams

We need to have One Note as default start page in Teams, not the chat. The teachers information is not easily accessed through the Teams app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I sent the request to 0365 tech support to duplicate or copy assignments in multiple classes and they sent me the response below. I don’t kn

I sent the request to 0365 tech support to duplicate or copy assignments in multiple classes and they sent me the response below. I don’t know what they mean. They corrected the second request by allowing owners to move created classes from PS from more to favorites.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. inactivity timers

Please, disable the messages that occur after being idle with opened tab for a while. I for example frequently open more than 3 tabs just to switch between them when I need something and when I do I'm often dealing with the "Are you still here" window, which, after confirming that I am, reloads the whole page.
    Also, the pop up window for being plugged out of Internet is taking the whole cached view without a reason, I suggest a subtle icon would be better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. media player

Is there possible to integrate a media player in the desktop version of teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Start connecting it with CLASSROOM!

Make haste with restoring the possibilities that CLASSROOM offered. At this moment OneNote is quite useless aan classroom too!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert Content library tab

I would like to be able to upload a document in files Library so members would only be able to read and not edit. Just like content Library in OneNote Class notebook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to disable assignment resubmission

Currently student are allowed to resubmit assignments endlessly. It would be good if there is an option to disallow resubmissions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tagging files in chat

Make it easier for your team to know what specifik file you're talking about, by tagging them in the chat. Perhaps by using #filename.doc or /filename.exc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Really - Default activity view is all my chats????

Why the heck would any idiot what ALL of their chat history with every Tom, ****, and Harry on the main and default view of the "Activity" Tab. This is old news. Sane people would just click on that person instead.

This part is a mess.

I don't even know WTF I am looking at. The activity feed view has the last person I chatted with a a HUGE main header. That makes zero sense. And there is no way to get rid of it. WTF?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notifications for "followed channels" doesn't behave as expected

We are looking for notifications to be sent/seen when new comments are added to a followed channel conversation. The settings lead you to believe that you will get some sort of popup/banner and an email when new content is added, but we have not seen that happen as of yet.

I found this discussion in the community.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/No-Team-Channel-Notifications/td-p/28640

There is a wide variety of comments here that would lead you to believe that this is a feature that was added and presumably works. But there is also one comment that says the notifications for followed channels worked about 33% of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello - please implement zoom

Whether it is control + and control - or giving the user the ability to change text sizes in Preferences, we should be able to increase and decrease the scale of the elements and text in Teams. This feature should be easy and similar to a web browser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Confusing days in channels

Not sure if this is a bug or a misguided feature, but sometimes the channel will say 'Today' in a separator but underneath the separator it shows an IM from 'Yesterday'...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base