Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. shortcut to hide or archive chat messages

Please create shortcuts to general functions like to hide or archive chat messages and also add an option to show all hidden chats

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calling teachers

Allow students to call their teachers but disable calling other students.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. See myself in mini-screen during Teams meeting while in sharing screen mode

When in a Teams meeting AND sharing my screen I would like to still be able to see myself in the mini-screen at the bottom right. right now all i see is one random student

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GoMath and Wonders

Currently we have to assign our assignments in our online curriculum (GoMath/Think Central, Wonders) and then go back to Teams and create an assignment to go TO that assignment because Teams is where we track information and where students start from when logging in. Is it possible to create the assignment in the online curriculum and have it post as an assignment automatically to Teams? This would save me time and would reduce the number of mistakes I make when I have to double post assignments (one in the curriculum and then again in Teams). It would also help the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LMS integration (Moodle, ...)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Status

Please add "status" options in Teams that is available in skype as shown in the snip

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow me to attach a file to an outgoing meeting invitation.

Allow me to attach a file to an outgoing meeting invitation, such as an agenda, meeting minutes or documents for review.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Meeting Privacy: Hide invitees' email addresses

We need a private mode that does not display invitees' email addresses to others in a Teams meeting in order to comply with privacy laws that barr us from sharing them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Meeting Privacy: Hide invitees' email addresses

We need a private mode that does not display invitees' email addresses to others in a Teams meeting in order to comply with privacy laws that barr us from sharing them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the Add Work text on an assignment to a button

To make it easier for students to see where/how to attach work to assignments.
    there should be an 'Send Work' button instead of a small line of text. Place this buttons near the top of the assignment page, close to the Hand In button .

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The ability to private message students through TEAMS. Something similar to the Chat feature we can use with staff.

The ability to private message students through TEAMS. Something similar to the Chat feature we can use with staff.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Laser pointer in power point presentation

Hello:

When a power point file is shared within a conversation in Teams, the members of the group can see the slides. However, the people who are seeing the slide cannot see the mouse pointer of the presenter. Therefore, it is difficult to follow the presentation if the presenter is interested in focusing on a specific part of the slide.

It would be very useful to have a laser pointer feature when sharing the power point presentation, so that everyone in the call can see what the presenter is pointing at.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. please change the request control button position. Can be easily done

whenever i press the chat button the request control button is moved to where the chat button was. so, when I want to again close it I naturally press there and then realize that I have requested control. Please change this

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. NOTIFICATIONS FOR EVERY ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION, ESP LATE SUBMISSIONS

Hello, I am an 8th grade teacher from Ohio who is utilizing Microsoft Teams for virtual teaching. My biggest setback through this experience is grading late work from students and having to continuously go back through all assignments to see who is turning things in at a later time. Teams NEEDS to have individual notifications for EVERY individual assignment that is submitted by students (similar to Facebook notifications). With this feature, educators can click on each notification, go straight to the new submission and grade it more quickly and easily without having to rake back through all old assignments every…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Student privacy - ability to remove or edit last name

I would like to see the option of having first name, last initial as a display name. It seems like there would be privacy issues if we are broadcasting last names to whomever is in the chat (even if they don't have their camera on).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Combine the outlook calender with the teams calender

Please combine the outlook calender with the teams calender

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to pin files under recent files on the files app

When clicking on the files app from the sidebar it would be useful to be able to pin files that are used frequently so that user does not have to navigate to a Team or Channel to get to the file.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Post Assignments in Specific Channel of a Team

When posting assignments in Teams, users should be allowed to designate where those assignments are posted. Right now, all assignments post to general instead of allowing the user to choose which channel it will be displayed in. This feature would allow the user more control of where assignments are posted and seen.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I would love it if you added a block button so when you chat and press the three dots next to the chat, you can block a contact.

I would love it if you added a block button so when you chat and press the three dots next to the chat, you can block a contact.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. integrate assignments with calendar in teams

whenever an assignment would get published it would show on the calendar the title of the work the group and if you would like to see more info

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Turn Dark mode and Light mode on when sceduled

Please make a way we can schedule when dark mode turns on and off like on most mobile phone software

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base