Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sending messages at a certain time

It would be useful to be able to prepare messages in teams and set a time for them to be send. Then I can plan ahead of time but

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Tabs to Teams program

A useful feature would be to have tabs akin to browser ones. Sometimes I want to simultaneously look at several assignments to compare them, or to grade them at the same time, and I cannot do that in the App version (although it's possible in a browser by opening several tabs of Teams).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 'interesting' and 'disagree' reactions suitable for education

Additional reactions that would be suitable for reacting to academic discussion. It would be good for students/teachers to be able to indicate that a point is thought-provoking or to disagree without emotion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 'interesting' and 'disagree' reactions suitable for education

Additional reactions that would be suitable for reacting to academic discussion. It would be good for students/teachers to be able to indicate that a point is thought-provoking or to disagree without emotion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Implement badges to help motivate learners and track progress

Can we implement badges similar to those you can use in Moodle (https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Badges)? This would be a great way to engage learners in a course and would help them to monitor their own progress as they unlock skills and earn badges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add hashtagging ability to teams with #inserttopic here format to catalog relevant subject matter

it would be v useful to be able to throw a hashtag into a conversation to catalog things to track back to them and their related topics later.

Use case: #accessibility, so as new compliance modes come about, I can throw that tag on conversations i've had and get back to it. or #resource, or whatever!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. planner

In Teams, I would like to select which Planner I want to see, instead of all my plans. I want to hide those no longer active. I also want to see only the Plan I am currently working and not all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Rubrics

Teachers need to be able to access their rubrics outside of assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Separate homework hand-in to assignment hand-in

Hi,

We use Teams in our department at college where students do homework as well as assignments, currently we use the assignment tab for homework and hand-in the summative assignments on to Moodle as there isn't a separate place. However if there where to tabs one for general homework and then one for assignments that would mean we could use Teams for all hand-ins making it easier to keep track of both separately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The ability to have custom usernames.

I would like to see the capability to have customized names on Microsoft teams. The email system my college uses is bassed around six-digit numerals. As striking as teams are in order to stay in touch with tutors it's also a pain whilst having a system like this in place. Our tutors are familiar with us by our names. Not our identification numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. User wants to set font size

I'm using the Linux client, and would like to be able to customize the font size (at least of messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Formulas in Assingment

There is no possibility to add to reach text editor in Assingment description LaTeX formula, event if it is copied from Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block students from being able to edit assignments after the turn in date.

Block students from being able to edit assignments after the turn in date. I do not want students to be able to edit their work after the turn in date, before I have a chance to grade it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. default tabs

the possibility to choose which tabs are shown in a team would be nice. If I for example don't use the task or grades tab there is no point in having them. Now all the students see those empty unused tabs and expect there something to be. That just is not very apetizing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When you link a task to an item within a channel the link forces you to go to the web version of MS Teams, not stay with the MS Teams app!

When you link a task to an item within a channel the link forces you to go to the web version of MS Teams, why not stay with the MS Teams app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sharing a page in One Note

When a teammate shares a page on One Note, the entire notebook opens rather than the page intended to be shared.

ONE NOTE PAGE> CLICK OPEN BUTTON> OPEN ENTIRE SHARED NOTEBOOK. The recipient has no idea what the sender was intending to share. See attached. Thanks for your help in this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. trophy room

We already have the "Praise" function in chat, but what about a trophy room of sorts to display all the praises you have received?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. UI Improvement: "Add user to group" and "Users in this group" are nowhere to be found. Please add to "..." menus.

Like the title suggests. Current UI design it super confusing in terms of how to add people to groups and who are in a current group.

Please use traditional interaction models (do not try to be creative - this is a productivity tool after all). These should both appear in the associated "..." menus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base