Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to attach a file to an outgoing meeting invitation.

Allow me to attach a file to an outgoing meeting invitation, such as an agenda, meeting minutes or documents for review.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Assignments View of all outstanding and returned tasks for all classes

Teams assignments. Can you please create a list of all the outstanding assignments for all teams.

This will allow a user to see all the outstanding assignments without navigating through to each separate team/class.

As a teacher this will allow me to navigate my marking quicker.

As a student this will provide a homework planner which will allow them to see all outstanding tasks and all returned tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock/make read-only an entire Class Notebook within Teams

If you do not want students to write in their class notebooks after a certain date, it seems like you need to lock individual pages (very time consuming for large classes).
    If you archive a Team it does not appear to archive the class notebook as students can still access the notebook via office.com.
    Please could you develop a way to lock a class notebook for the whole class within a Team?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. report a teacher

if a teacher is abusing you or shouting at you you can report the teacher so that the owner or assistant of the school will watch the recording and see what thell do

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add "class materials" section in android app also. Right now its only visible in the desktop version

Add Class Materials folder in android app. Right now the feature is available only in desktop. Students miss the files uploaded there if they are only using android

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Clearer hand raised indication/icon

The "raise hand" feature has been a great addition for meetings and virtual classrooms. One thing we're quickly noticing, however, is that when people are called on, they forget to put their hand down. I think this is mostly because the way the button changes when your hand is raised is subtle and easy to overlook. If you were to change the icon so the hand become orange/yellow, like the way it looks above the people icon, it might stand out more to people so they would be more likely to notice they still had their hand raised. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shut off the chat option when the meeting is over or cancelled. Only to be accessed by the host of the meeting.

Shut off the chat option when the meeting is over or cancelled. Only to be accessed by the host of the meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. view participants at top of screen during presentation

Move the participants to the top of the screen during a presentation and a screen share. Doing this will keep participants from looking down to the bottom of the screen when they are speaking to a person. At least they are looking up which is closer to the camera.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to draw in Teams Assignments in Word~

I want to be able to grade in teams and draw on documents in Teams without downloading every single document! It would make grading so much quicker!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. INKING IN PDF ASSIGNMENTS

WE NEED ABILITY TO INK CHECK THE ASSIGNMENTS SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. i need to change my background in meetings. it does not visible in icon in the chat bar(...). i tried for update. but upgrade option also no

i need to change my background in meeting. facility is not available in chat bar(...). i tried to update, but upgrade icon is also not visible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Class materials folder on mobile

Make Class Materials Accessable through the Android Mobile App

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to block contacts

You that feeling when you are giving a test, mid-term or exam and there's that one annoying friend asking you the answers. Well I really need that feature and block people (who 'think' I'm their friend).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. you should make backround blur available for all pc devices atleast

you should make all types of background options available for all the devices if not smartphones so atleast all types of Pc's with all types of processors . like in my case the option for background isn't even available .so please do some updates to solve this problem

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to private message students through TEAMS. Something similar to the Chat feature we can use with staff.

The ability to private message students through TEAMS. Something similar to the Chat feature we can use with staff.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How do you put a time limit on the break-out-rooms in MT?

How do you put a time limit on the break-out-rooms in MT?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The hand raise feature needs some adding.

Hello, I am a 7th grade student in the United States of America and I spotted something in my class today that would be very helpful to us, students and to the teachers. Personally I think this will be a great feature to add to teams, so please take heed to this idea. When us students raise our hand, the teacher sees our hand right? That is partially correct. When our teachers are presenting a slideshow or anything else, they cannot see our hand raise at all. Some teachers ask us to be muted. That results us to not have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Default view

The ability to set the default view in a teams channel. I added Planner to a Teams channel and the default always goes back to "Group by Bucket" view. I would like the ability to change the default to any setting. For instance, if I wanted to view planner by "Progress" and the next time I go back to the Teams channel, the default remains in the "Progress" view instead of the Group by Bucket view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. type in private

the possibility of type in private in the chat that when you are gonna type in the chat there should be an option that says who do you want to talk with and there you can select a participant in the meting to type privately with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. type in private

the possibility of type in private in the chat that when you are gonna type in the chat there should be an option that says who do you want to talk with and there you can select a participant in the meting to type privately with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base