Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How can I use hand writing method to mark PDF or IMAGE doc attached in team assignment

How can I use hand writing method to mark PDF or IMAGE doc attached in team assignment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you please make the option to delete a conversation or chats in teams, thanks

Can you please make the option to delete a conversation or chats in teams, thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dropping files in multiple teams at once

Hello- I'm a former google classroom user trying to adjust to Microsoft teams. Maybe I'm missing it, but I would love the ability to post/upload in a channel to multiple classes at once

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notify all channels or selected channels as admin

Allow a global Teams admin or designated person to post to all Teams "general" channels or select which Teams to specifically post to. I know right now you can post in multiple teams IF you are a member of said Teams. I would like the ability to notify all Teams for campus updates in addition to sending out an email. Right now the only way to do this is if you happen to have all the channel email addresses (which is like pulling teeth to get all of them) or to create a bot or use a third part bot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. make polls

make quick polls

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Forms

Please make a feature that allows for the teacher to edit a live form after posting/ assigning it to classes.

For example: If a quiz has been posted and there is an answer marked incorrectly as correct, allow on the live form for correcting this. The live form should then be able to continue by adapting- correcting any misscored quizzes and allowing students to see and use the corrected form. Google Docs has this feature.

The feature I really like here in Microsoft Forms, is being able to see the actual question/ answer and change the score next to it.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically showing all teams that you are a member of when you open the app.

Automatically showing all teams that you are a member of when you open the app.You can always hide a team afterwards if you don't want to see it in the app rather than having to go looking for a team that you are a member of to display it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Flags downloading from chat are in the way

when I download multiple files from chat, a flag pops up covering the downloads and I can't click the other downloads until the flags go away. Minor, but annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Existing OneDrive Document Versus Make a Copy

I would love to see the ability to add an existing one drive document in the area of FILES in Teams that I want others to collaborate on. I don't want to have to make a copy. If I upload a copy then I have an old file back in my personal OneDrive. If I share the link to this file in the chat it will get lost. Adding a view only option would be beneficial as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. desktop vs online version

I teach Computer Applications and the desktop version and online version are not compatible. Therefore, I cannot grade many assignments and must download everything my students do.

EX: When students insert a header in the desktop version, it doesn't show up on Teams

EX: When students set tabs in the desktop version, they are erased in teams

EX: Borders set in desktop version disappear when I try to grade in teams

EX: Custom bullet points disappear on teams.

Is there any way that preview from desktop version could happen? Or do they have to save everything as a PDF too?…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to delete threads that have nothing to do with them

When there are a lot of threads in a feed we should be able to delete old or unnecessary ones as it just fills up the tab with junk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to open, close, or reopen a post

Option to open, close, or reopen a post. This could then allow us to filter threads from open conversations and things that need to be worked on to closed conversations and possibly seeing the final decision made moving forward to even reopening conversations for new discussion or decisions made. Filter these out will help tremendously in projects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. On the Files tab make the Open in SharePoint link optional

The Open in SharePoint link appears by default on the Files tab of each channel and it doesn't appear to be possible to remove it. It would be good if only Owners could see this, or even better, have it optional. Many of our users are not familiar with SharePoint and we wouldn't want people going there who don't know what they are doing. Even pupils in a Class Team site can easily get to the SharePoint backend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. testing - submitting a new feedback in SITC category

testing - submitting a new feedback in SITC category

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sharing and working together for good beginnings and development of new and inovative products that are new and useful.

User origination and competitive and capable coding for new programming if included would not hinder logic, but would facilitate better exchange of information both into and out-of the computer interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. assignment max file size is 50MB. this is way too small. We are teaching graphic design and files are WAY larger than this.

assignment max file size is 50MB. this is way too small. We are teaching graphic design and files are WAY larger than this. We need to have a much bigger max weight size. Using onedrive is extremely inconvenient

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sending messages at a certain time

It would be useful to be able to prepare messages in teams and set a time for them to be send. Then I can plan ahead of time but

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Tabs to Teams program

A useful feature would be to have tabs akin to browser ones. Sometimes I want to simultaneously look at several assignments to compare them, or to grade them at the same time, and I cannot do that in the App version (although it's possible in a browser by opening several tabs of Teams).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 'interesting' and 'disagree' reactions suitable for education

Additional reactions that would be suitable for reacting to academic discussion. It would be good for students/teachers to be able to indicate that a point is thought-provoking or to disagree without emotion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 'interesting' and 'disagree' reactions suitable for education

Additional reactions that would be suitable for reacting to academic discussion. It would be good for students/teachers to be able to indicate that a point is thought-provoking or to disagree without emotion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base