Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See list of assignments and grades of a student

Hi Tania, How do I give feedback to Microsoft? I love how organized my assignments has become BUT when it comes to evaluation and report car

I love how organized my assignments has become BUT when it comes to evaluation and report card writing it would be SUPER helpful if I click on the student name and all their assignments and marks are on one screen. it would be useful for Parent Teacher too. Also, we need a place to attach documents in the feedback section. (rubric, checklist etc)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There should be a Music icon for the Class Theme

There should be a Music icon for the Class Theme

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Basecamp App

We use Basecamp to collaborate with vendors. It's awesome that we can integrate Asana into Teams but would love to have the ability to do the same with a Basecamp project.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Promoting teams accross acaemic years

Many schools in the UK will be running two year courses in Year 10/11 and 12/13 and will want to keep working on a team / notebook for the two years. 10En1 will become 11En1 etc most likely with the same members and teacher. There needs to be a way to promote teams to the following year without SDS resetting, deleting or recreating a new blank team.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable Functions In Teams

As an IT admin we need the ability to lock/ disable certain features within Teams. Right now we have the ability to disable the chat function which is great. However students are clever and will always find a workaround. They are currently using the 'Video Chat' option to cyber bully other students. We receive several complaints from teachers in regards to students having to much access and needing to be limited. If we can have the option to limit the use of certain features in Teams that would be great!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Issue an assignment to multiple classes does not display the assignment notification in every class selected.

When you issue an assignment to multiple teams, every team that receives the assignment should receive the notification within their chat area.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Owner to share Assignments with third party after hand in for moderation

In some cases Assignments need to be moderated with a person outside of the school organisation. Assignments should be shareable by the Owner/Teacher either individually or as a folder.

The external party would also need to be able to add a moderator's comment to each shared Assignment without being able to edit the student's work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. reply only setting in Channel

Hi, it would be great to have a setting where only the Owner (teacher) can make new posts in a conversation thread, and all others (students) can only reply to the posts. Therefore students cannot create new posts. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. by adding drawing

like students can draw and share

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using Teams for Project Management

We are using Teams to work collaboratively with other team members. I am involved on many projects and I would love to be able to see at a glance all of the tasks I have been assigned to - regardless of which project it relates to. Right now I have to go into each channel to find my tasks and it's time consuming to scroll through other people's tasks just to find my own. Also, would love to have a method of rolling up all of these tasks to a master list (i.e., Original Date of Task, Current Date of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mute channel option so they don't show new activity

Having the ability to "Mute" specific channels would be nice. There are channels that I don't necessarily want to mark as 'following', but still interested in checking at times. New updates will make those channels show in bold letters. This is good. Other channels do not pertain to me at all, but still show bold when there is new activity. (Which is usually many times a day.) I'd like to "mute" the ones that I will never read so that they do not show bold. When 'everything' is bold, the stuff I should be reading gets lost in the noise.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. STATUS: EXTREMELY URGENT

Hi,
    I already asked before to be able to put your status on 'absent' or, better still, 'offline'. I do not want my collegues to know at what time I'm working when I'm not at the office.
    Please also make sure your status stays the way you want it to be, even if you start working in Teams. Now, when I put myself on 'absent', my status goes back to 'online' whenever I try to find a file on Teams.

For me this is a very urgent matter. Please make sure my status stays the way I want it to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Movement of pupils from one team to another

Are we able to move a pupil from one team to another and in the process of doing so automatically take with them their assignment materials as well as their class notebook?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Home button (on Teams)?

A button to return quickly to the Home page of Office 365 from Teams would be of great value.
    In fact, same for OneNote, Word... the Office 365 top bar is present in some apps but seems totally missing from others. Am currently using multiple tabs...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show content of messages in email notifications

Current notifications say: "You're missing all the action in Microsoft Teams. XYZ has sent a new message to your chat with... Open Microsoft Teams"

As I do not have Teams open all the time and prefer to keep it that way, I have to log in to Teams just to check whether the message is important or not.

If the email notification contained the message - as done in Slack - I would be able to decide about its importance without logging in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dashboard for Teams

Can we have the ability to see how many people have seen a channel message? Also we cannot currently pull data on a per team basis so we cannot tell how teams are performing e.g. number of comments made in a particular team- is this functionality you're planning on adding in?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Editing through Word - cannot 'merge cells' in Teams or Word Online

Merging Cells in a table (or Word being able to copy this when pasted from the same document / another one), should be available in both Teams' version of the editor and the Online version of the editor.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move "Upload from my computer"

I am a teacher, and I usually have students upload their file for an assignment. I notice that "Upload from my computer" is at the bottom of that window, and students don't see it - they are looking at all the options at the top. It would be helpful to have "Upload from my computer" moved up instead of at the bottom by itself.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)