Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Meet now in the android mobile app

Please add Meet now in the android mobile app

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. time zones

In the Outlook Desktop app you can have up to three time zones. Teams is designed for meetings that can span the planet, so why not add this in?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Split two different teams on one screen

I would like to be able to split two different teams on one screen

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can Administrators have the ability to globally Mute Students to stop the inappropriate use of conversations in channels.

Can Administrators have the ability to globally Mute Students to stop the inappropriate use of conversations in channels.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To-Do, Calendar

Have the ability to pop out a To-Do list and to add a Calendar support to see which assignments are due and when. Also, automatically add assignment due dates as soon as a teacher integrates it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. make polls

make quick polls

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. assignment max file size is 50MB. this is way too small. We are teaching graphic design and files are WAY larger than this.

assignment max file size is 50MB. this is way too small. We are teaching graphic design and files are WAY larger than this. We need to have a much bigger max weight size. Using onedrive is extremely inconvenient

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Implement badges to help motivate learners and track progress

Can we implement badges similar to those you can use in Moodle (https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Badges)? This would be a great way to engage learners in a course and would help them to monitor their own progress as they unlock skills and earn badges.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Separate homework hand-in to assignment hand-in

Hi,

We use Teams in our department at college where students do homework as well as assignments, currently we use the assignment tab for homework and hand-in the summative assignments on to Moodle as there isn't a separate place. However if there where to tabs one for general homework and then one for assignments that would mean we could use Teams for all hand-ins making it easier to keep track of both separately.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Block students from being able to edit assignments after the turn in date.

Block students from being able to edit assignments after the turn in date. I do not want students to be able to edit their work after the turn in date, before I have a chance to grade it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. trophy room

We already have the "Praise" function in chat, but what about a trophy room of sorts to display all the praises you have received?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Turn in button on Student Work page

We have a lot of students who finish their work, and forgot to turn it in because they have to Close the Assignment, and then Turn In. It would be great if a Turn In button was located at the top of the Assignment Page next to Close so they had the option to close or Turn In their assignment.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow user to choose time limits for availability.

Team shows me away after 10-15minutes, but I'm still working at my computer. I would like to control the idle times like Skype.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to assign one assignment to multiple Teams

It would be great to be able to create an assignment in Teams and choose which Teams to post it to at the same time as opposed to having to go to each Teams and copy the assignment. Similar to the new update where we can post an announcement to multiple teams at once. Thanks for all you do. Teams is great!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. censor Hate language

As a Teacher and owner of the team I'd like to be able to set some language conventions to be applied to the Conversations tab.

I'd like to be able to block all common swear words. Also the ability to add additonal custom words might be useful.

What would be amazing if MS could use some of it's AI powers to scan a message and flag comments it think might be abusive and hide them until the owner has approved them.

Currently Teams has the ability to mute people etc which is a useful tool. But it would be nice…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. option to turn off conversation history

I don't want to see conversation history when done chatting. in Skype I was able to select do not remember history. I don't like conversations mixed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Managing Student Preferences- DESELECT ALL BUTTON NEEDED

I am trying to make groups in the collaboration space of OneNote and only allow for certain students to be in each group. When I manage student preferences, ALL students are checked and there is no box to deselect all. I have to manually de-select all students. I have 10 groups, in 5 classes, with an average of 40 students in each class, so for each group, I have to deselect 36 students manually. PLEASE add an option to UNCHECK ALL.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. picture per channel

It would be nice to assign a picture per channel instead of it defaulting to the Team picture.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Grade Book at-a-glance

We would LOVE to be able to see all of the grades posted for an entire class over the course of a grading period.

• multiple assignments

• multiple students

• date selection/filter

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make it possible to delete tabs at the top

I accidently created a few tabs at the top of my team, but cannot delete them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base