Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability for students to make their own teams

It would be good if students can make their teams. The teacher/moderator would be able to see the converation (a.k.a moderate the team).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams and OneNote integration

1.) You should be able to integrate an existing OneNote into teams
    2.) Name changes to groups and Channels should happen across devices
    3.) Class Notebooks should be visible in a persons OneDrive area
    4.) The set up of a team should be transferable so teachers can copy an existing format (channels etc) for different year groups

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Some new assignment features in Microsoft Teams

1. Individual assignments for students

2. Possibility to put any file as assignment answer (for example: to attach source code file in C++ learning class)

3. Resend answer after checking assignment

4. Ability to make assignment in any channel (not only General channel)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hit "Enter" to Create a New Line Rather Than Post

Within a comment, or reply, it would be helpful to be able to list items by line by hitting "enter" as with every other chat or text function in contemporary usage. Or, this could be an option to turn off, as it was with an OLD Facebook version a few years ago before they removed it entirely.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow assignments in teams to have audio files uploaded to them

This would allow teachers to accept audio files and have a cut off time instead of time stamping it in a folder to be uploaded. This way you don't have to sift through the late assignments in order to find the ones that were actually turned in on time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Icon preview

a) there should be a way to order files via thumbnail or list
    b) there should be the native ability (i.e. WITHIN the app) to preview files e.g. JPG (not only word et al and PDF files) without having to download the file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. contacts

We recently got the ability to create our own groups under "Contacts", but once they're created, the names of the members are displayed in the order they're entered, rather than alphabetically, making them harder to find. A bit more customization ability is needed. In addition, we can't control which order the groups appear in, so I can't put the most frequently used group at the top, even though that's the one I created first.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add document template on new file

I would like to add custom Microsoft Word template on the "New" dropdown list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a folder/favorite button to save gifs we use a lot

Could Teams have a way to that we could create a folder/favorite button to save gifs we use a lot in chat. That way a user doesn't have to search all the time and can easily access the chat icons, including gifs, that we use the most.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. File Download is broken in app Assignments

I'm not able to download files that students submit in Assignments folders when using Teams. Originally, I was able to click the 'Download now' button. It didn't work, but right-clicking it gave me a context menu option that worked. Then that menu option went away and there was no way to download files in the PC version (online still worked). Now the online version is broken as well. The only way to get the assignments now in online Teams is copy and paste the contents that are now displayed. However, the copy/paste mechanism is badly broken and excruciating to get…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create a way for students to see the feedback that I leave them on an assignment.

Looking at the students' version of the assignment, they are able to see the assignment that they submitted, but not the feedback that I provide them in the "feedback" textbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Timeline view

Timeline view: Most recent posts at the bottom of the page based on when things were posted, rather than the one which has the most recent comment on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Headings in Teams-conversations

I wish it was possible to start a Teams-conversation with a heading / theme instead of starting the conversation with the first message. This would make it easier to retrieve a previous conversation about a specific topic.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I need to have it on half a portrait screen and be able to see all the text on class notebook.

At the moment you can only see half the text. The other half is covered by your team selection tab on the left side,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Separate tab or section for file viewing/editing

create a section for document/file viewing - so if I switch to a chat - I can come back from where I was. Currently when you view a file in a team channel - you lose the ability to see it again if you switch to chat. If you open a file to view or edit it - can you open a new section under "Activity, Chat,Teams...."? Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. lost the ability to edit a students notebook page when grading assignments within teams

I lost the ability to make comments on students notebook pages within the assignments tab of teams. I now have to have a separate window open with the notebook to put comments on their tab

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. follow teams

have the ability to follow a team which would show any activity on any of the channels within that team.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base