Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner assignments

In planner, when you look at the assignments, there is a completed button. When clicking it, it crosses it out but, it gets crossed out for the entire team. It would be better if it was just completed for that person, not the team because if I was done that task but, someone else wasn't I can't click it until I know everyone is done!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't translate chat commands.

Just do not translate /away into /absent (French example), even less /help, else everyone gets confused and lost.

This is not the sort of thing that should happen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kahoot integration

Add the ability for teachers to start a new Kahoot and automatically share the code with a class with a one-click connection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams Hierarchy for Schools and Districts

Microsoft Teams should have a hierarchy for schools and school districsts. If Teams can be placed within that hierarchy (District teams, school teams, grade level teams, classes, etc...) it would. As a district administrator with many schools and many Teams visually we see many different teams in a scrolling down way. This makes it difficult to manage Teams from each grade level and school. Classifying Teams in a hierarchy by users would be helpful in managing them all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Continual hand in of assignments

To show that there is a dialogue of feedback, having the ability to hand in an assignment, mark it (so it is locked from the student), provide feedback, then return it to the student, student to then do further work on the same document and then hand it back in, so it is then locked to them while the teacher can provide more feedback and then so on... We have to show a dialogue of feedback with work and at the moment students can edit work again once given back from the teacher and when they hand it in again…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Collaboration Space to Tab in MS Teams

For a Staff OneNote Notebook associated with an MS Team. I'd like to have a tab that opens directly into the Collaboration Space, but I'm only able to have a tab open to first section of the main notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Th

Fortnite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dans les fichiers, permettre d'avoir un aperçu des images sans avoir à cliquer dessus et ainsi gagner du temps ?

Dans les fichiers, serait il possible d'avoir un aperçu des documents (et notamment des images) afin de gagner du temps et d'avoir une vue globale des documents disponibles ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Feedback on student work

When students receive feedback and are given a chance to refine their work, it would be ideal if the original feedback can be saved in an easily accessible location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OPENING MEETINGS: Too Many paths to get into a Teams meeting

Currently, I can enter an MS Teams meeting either via the Outlook calendar item where I created the meeting or directly from MS Teams 'calendar' (or the chat feed when it says there is a meeting started). However, the Outlook link takes me to a different meeting room than the Teams-based direct links do. So half my team keeps appearing in one room and the other half keeps appearing in a separate room.

Question: Is there a way to link those Open Meeting links together so that they all direct us to the same meeting room?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief,

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it
    was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it
    was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity,
    it was the season of Light, it was the season of

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Forms as a Test

I saw a few ideas here for people interested in how to best integrate tests, as well as Microsoft Forms. One thing that I think could be improved is adding more file types to the assignment resource section. I know we can use Microsoft Forms as a tab, but using it as a quiz/test where it shows up as an assignment, with the results automatically recorded at the end of the Form (when they submit it) would be perfect. As of right now, all the student can do is click on the link provided when I copy the link and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Locking chat in a website add-in

I love the chat function when you add a website to teams. But I wish there was a way to pause the chat on that specific page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send to Teams function

Would be great if you were working on a document (eg a word doc) that you wanted to save to teams by being able to just "send it" to Teams. This would work in a similar fashion as to how you can "send to onenote" in the printing tab of word.

It would mean you wouldn't have to save the file to your hard drive and then upload it to Teams- just save it straight into Teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base