Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. can you add this: when somebody kick me from the call, I saw his name

in school classes calls my classmate is kicking other classmates an me from the group call but I dont know who is kicking me. this is awful!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lock on muting pupils

Once the host of the meeting has muted all students there should be a lock, rather than the students being able to unmute themselves and carry on with their own personal conversations as before.
    The host should be able to nominate someone to speak or accept the student who is answering the question.
    This would therefore minimise background noise.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock on muting pupils

Once the host of the meeting has muted all students there should be a lock, rather than the students being able to unmute themselves and carry on with their own personal conversations as before.
    The host should be able to nominate someone to speak or accept the student who is answering the question.
    this would therefore minimise background noise.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello, when we have a class lesson in MT, it is possible to mute anyone's microphone. Even students can mute teachers. Somehow repair it ple

Hello, when we have a class lesson in MT, it is possible to mute anyone's microphone. Even students can mute teachers. Somehow repair it please. Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice to see all callers in the Skype window, or at least more than 4.

Right now Skype only shows 4 users, whilst Zoom shows a lot more. It would be nice to be able to see everyone in my meeting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Nicknames

When on a call, some students wish to go by different names, and teachers are constantly mistaking mine, personally. We don't have the ability to appear as this nickname which can also get confusing when communicating on a call (considering you can't tag people when you are talking like you can on comments, etc.).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change Team type to CLASS

I am a school teacher, and the problem is, when the admins created or teams from the admin panel, the type of the Teams are other than CLASS, so we can't use Assignments, Grades, Notes, Mute student from "Manage Team", can't add Insights and similar things important for teachers. Also when i try creating team using "Create a team using an existing team as a template" , and try to create CLASS type so i can transfer all things, don't show when the type its different.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Annotation

I would like there to be a feature in which you could annotate on the screen when the teacher turns the feature on. The teacher should be able to annotate when others are not allowed to, clear drawings, and turn on and off annotation. This would help with learning a lot for things like when I am asking the students to circle something or find something that is on the screen. They should have the text, draw, highlight, stamp, filled shapes, and non-filled shapes. There should also be a feature that I can set it so that the student's name…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There should be option for changing and setting new password in the ms teams.it is only the drawback of this app rest it is very wonderful

In the ms teams there should be option of changing and resetting password whenever we want , I found only this as a drawback rest the apps work wonderfully specially it is very useful for teachers and students to work in systematic way. I want this feature because if anyone hot to know our password they can change our work that can lead to inconvenience. Hope you will get back to me as soon as possible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using Personal Accounts in Teams desktop and web app

Please add a feature in which we can use personal account in Teams desktop and web app. This feature has already been seen in Android and IOS mobile apps

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. subtitles

if someone has internet issues, and they cannot hear what someone is saying, then they will be able to read the subtitles.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. videochats

being able to see eachother and communicate easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recoding a Live Meeting

Allow the presenter to be the primary view in a recoded live meeting, instead of a screen that is split multiple times. Parents would much prefer to watch a recoded class of the teacher and not the other classmates. Although students can pin their teacher, this is not the recoded view of the screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. skype linux

Skype for business needs a linux app. Otherwise, I am looked out form my institution activities.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. testing - submitting a new feedback in SITC category

testing - submitting a new feedback in SITC category

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make 2 types of raise your hand, for questions, the other one for answers.

make 2 types of hands they would have diffrent colours, example, the asking hand is green, and the answering a question hand is red, its really bad if you were going to ask the teacher to go to the bathroom, and he thinks you are going to answer the question.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to be able to see all the videos on screen at the same time (like grid mode on Zoom)

I am a teacher and it is a lot easier to check that everyone is behaving and doing their work if I can see them all at the same time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. One way camera settings?

The last few days there has been a discussion in Norwegian Newspapers that pupils hesitate to keep the camara open, much to the teachers dismay. Teachers like to see the ones they talk to, (some) pupils printscreen other pupils that may do smth funny, impropriate or other 'faces' that is not OK to have spread on SoMe.
    It ought to be a small task for MS to have one-way camera? I as the organizer can see my audience, they see me, BUT NOT the others in the audience??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base