Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello, when we have a class lesson in MT, it is possible to mute anyone's microphone. Even students can mute teachers. Somehow repair it ple

Hello, when we have a class lesson in MT, it is possible to mute anyone's microphone. Even students can mute teachers. Somehow repair it please. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. classes with many students (>10)

PROBLEM:
    Teams is set in such a way that only when the Teams video is in sharing mode the teacher's picture takes up the whole screen for the other members of the class/meeting. Otherwise, his picture can be seen in a smaller box with other boxes representing all the members attending the lesson.
    This is a wonderful tool for meetings or for classes with a small number of students (<10). For classes with many students, such as 80 - 100 this is useless or even misleading.

I warmly suggest adding a menu to simply distinguish if the Teams user is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There should be option for changing and setting new password in the ms teams.it is only the drawback of this app rest it is very wonderful

In the ms teams there should be option of changing and resetting password whenever we want , I found only this as a drawback rest the apps work wonderfully specially it is very useful for teachers and students to work in systematic way. I want this feature because if anyone hot to know our password they can change our work that can lead to inconvenience. Hope you will get back to me as soon as possible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Using Personal Accounts in Teams desktop and web app

Please add a feature in which we can use personal account in Teams desktop and web app. This feature has already been seen in Android and IOS mobile apps

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. can you add this: when somebody kick me from the call, I saw his name

in school classes calls my classmate is kicking other classmates an me from the group call but I dont know who is kicking me. this is awful!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice to see all callers in the Skype window, or at least more than 4.

Right now Skype only shows 4 users, whilst Zoom shows a lot more. It would be nice to be able to see everyone in my meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow us to change the volume of certain users while not changing the computer sound settings.

A setting for each user that is adjustable for the volume of each person in voice call

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. videochats

being able to see eachother and communicate easier.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Recoding a Live Meeting

Allow the presenter to be the primary view in a recoded live meeting, instead of a screen that is split multiple times. Parents would much prefer to watch a recoded class of the teacher and not the other classmates. Although students can pin their teacher, this is not the recoded view of the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. skype linux

Skype for business needs a linux app. Otherwise, I am looked out form my institution activities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. testing - submitting a new feedback in SITC category

testing - submitting a new feedback in SITC category

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flip camera image

Move some of the ideas from Skype into Teams. Make it easier layout option. Ie Kids option.
    The message side (show conversation) made more simple for that option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Annotation

I would like there to be a feature in which you could annotate on the screen when the teacher turns the feature on. The teacher should be able to annotate when others are not allowed to, clear drawings, and turn on and off annotation. This would help with learning a lot for things like when I am asking the students to circle something or find something that is on the screen. They should have the text, draw, highlight, stamp, filled shapes, and non-filled shapes. There should also be a feature that I can set it so that the student's name…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. get there phone number and call anyone around the world

get anyone phone number around the world

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Hand Raising feature should be more accessible on the iPad

My kindergartners are struggling to find the Raise Your Hand feature on their district given iPads. Some students don't have their videos on so I have no idea if they are raising their hands if they cannot find the Raise Your Hand feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. see your self

see yourself during video calls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If the mic would be muted by the teacher, It should be muted for all students

Teacher when mutes mic, the students cannot unmute the mic themselves

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. subtitles

if someone has internet issues, and they cannot hear what someone is saying, then they will be able to read the subtitles.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base