Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting link for guests

Make a link to a meeting easily accesible from within meetings. Currently getting a link to a scheduled meeting which due to organizational reasons has to be publicly accesibe to enable guests to join the meeting by using a browser is really convoluted - you have to invite people and the you have to copy the link from the invite. If the invitation is edited and the link is deleted then there is no option to retrieve it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate assignments within as well as exam dates and timings within a calendar to make it easier for students

Integrate assignments within as well as exam dates and timings within a calendar to make it easier for students

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When needing a meeting, I should be able to select a 'team' not just individuals.

There should be an option to select an entire team to a meeting, not have to select individuals. This could be in the more options dots, and on the calendar 'Add team'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. to add the calendar feature to the students teams page as well not just for the teacher

whenever I have a lesson the teacher starts it via their calendar so to access the video call I have to find it in the past activities or go through my emails which is very annoying. So if I was able to have the calendar on the task bar then it would be so helpful as I would be able to put i info like when I have my lesson and be able to directly access it from their saving me time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. calander dates

Hi, can you make a calendar for all the assignments due that week so say you have 5 assignments for each class and you want to figure out when this is due and how many weeks you have to turn it in and so there would be a button that said assignment calendar and when you touch it it would say which week would you like to choose and when you fill that in. Then, you see all the assignments due that week and that's it i would like to be in teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tidying up the calendar

My calendar is full of cancelled events (strikethrough but still taking up space) - why not just clear an event if it's cancelled? Or give an option to clear it, at least!?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. With a calendar as a guide, instead of the activity tab.

I have a suggestion for the "Microsoft Teams" application that would be a calendar as a guide in the application, because, far from learning, many students have many lessons to deliver and have no organization to deliver everything, and this calendar will improve the organization in the application , because the "Activity" tab is very confusing. That's all. I wait return of the feedback.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Setup Up A Teams Meeting in Outlook

Setting up a teams meeting is not intuitive. Current practice by most here create the calendar meeting item in Outlook and embed a Zoom Meeting link for Teams Meeting. When we scheduled a meeting, it's too bad that there is not option to indicate that this a Teams Meeting.

Even within the Teams environment, it's not necessary apparent that we are going to use Teams!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a user's calendar to their tabs in the Chat view

It would be useful to be able to view a persons visible appointments from their outlook calendar in a Tab in the Chat view for that person. Otherwise you need to go back to Outlook to check their availability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give an option to fix calendar to display preferred times only

The calendar shows whole days (0:00 to 23:59), with highlighted background between 9:00 and 17:00, which is nice, but I would like to be able to set the start and end times myself, and limit the view of the calendar between, say, my preferred 8:00 and 15:00. I would also like to see the calendar always in the same place, not automatically scrolled down as the time progresses (e.g. at 16:15 it shows between 14:45 and 22:45 - most of which is empty). The automatic scrolling is probably reasonable in "Day" display, but in "Work week" or "Week" the scrolling…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically Clear Calendar

It would be very helpful to have a button that could clear a full day/week/month of events on a calender

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change color of meetings in the past

It would be nice if calendar meetings could turn a different color after they have occurred. There could be a preset color, or the organizer could color code meetings - those that were successful, those that need follow up, those that went over time, those that were spontaneous, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a date

During this time we're having several team meetings. We've been scheduling extra meetings. I would like the option to go into a current meeting and ADD additional dates. We often end our meeting with "let's meet again next week". Currently, I have to go into the calendar on the next date and add every attendee again. The address book isn't linked to my contact groups, so I have to remember all 20+ people to invite.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. calendar view preference

As a part time student I prefer to see the whole week instead of it defaulting to the 'work week' view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. be able to block off time in the Teams calendar and not necessarily by booking a meeting.

using the Teams calendar, it would be beneficial to be able to block off time for appointments as well when already in the calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wiki style team calendar access in Teams - restricted to people on the team

Shared calendars have been painful for years and they shouldn't have to be. Let's not worry about integration into Outlook. Let's build an easy to use wiki style calendar which can be accessed in Teams just for people in a particular Team - everyone can post, modify, change - and it can become a central location for group events. We really require this with coronavirus as an easy to access and easy to use calendar for separate teams. Basically as we work from home we want to schedule all work which has to be done in the office in a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Seperately turn on or off all "team meetings" of a particular team or channel in my calendar

Allow me to show or unshow calendar items based on the team or channel in which they were created, especially if they weren't specifically addressed to me. If I'm not particularly active in a certain channel, I should be able to unshow their meetings in my calender.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Calendar edit

Allow me to post something for students (like a lesson plan) that they can see, but not edit, and didn't send an invite to everyone in the team. It would just show up on everyone's calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base