Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When needing a meeting, I should be able to select a 'team' not just individuals.

There should be an option to select an entire team to a meeting, not have to select individuals. This could be in the more options dots, and on the calendar 'Add team'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete or close meetings that have already ended.

To keep students from getting into the wrong meeting, have the meetings that have already passed or ended to be closed so they cannot join the wrong one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add event (not meetings) to my calendar and sync to the class

I'd love to be able to add an event to my calendar and link it to a class, and then it sync to the students' calendars. Then the students could use their TEAMS calendar as an agenda as well.
    Including due dates of assingments in their calendar would also be beneficial

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a user's calendar to their tabs in the Chat view

It would be useful to be able to view a persons visible appointments from their outlook calendar in a Tab in the Chat view for that person. Otherwise you need to go back to Outlook to check their availability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give an option to fix calendar to display preferred times only

The calendar shows whole days (0:00 to 23:59), with highlighted background between 9:00 and 17:00, which is nice, but I would like to be able to set the start and end times myself, and limit the view of the calendar between, say, my preferred 8:00 and 15:00. I would also like to see the calendar always in the same place, not automatically scrolled down as the time progresses (e.g. at 16:15 it shows between 14:45 and 22:45 - most of which is empty). The automatic scrolling is probably reasonable in "Day" display, but in "Work week" or "Week" the scrolling…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. arrange another meeting from a previous Team meeting

After holding a meeting scheduled via Teams, if a follow up meeting is required for that same set of people, there is not currently a button to schedule another meeting, or duplicate the meeting that has just taken place. A whole new meeting has to be set up from scratch or you have to go into Outlook calendar online to duplicate the meeting that way

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change color of meetings in the past

It would be nice if calendar meetings could turn a different color after they have occurred. There could be a preset color, or the organizer could color code meetings - those that were successful, those that need follow up, those that went over time, those that were spontaneous, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Diary

Have a Teams Diary (or Calendar) that all staff in the school / organisation can access, and add/edit events. Currently we use Google Calendar but Teams and O365 for everything else. Would be fantastic to have a Teams Diary so all staff can access the one platform. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using email distribution lists for Teams calendar invitations

When I send a calendar invitation from a channel within Teams site I am unable to select email distribution lists from my Org Outlook list. I have noticed Teams only searches for individuals. I have also tried to use the name of the group membership using @, but no luck. My request is for Teams to be able to search for organisation email circulation lists. My department has 54 people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. i want to be able to a meeting at the same time with many channels

i want to be able to a meeting at the same time with many channels

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to view completed tasks on the calendar in Planner

For those that like to see a historical view of all tasks (both in progress and completed) on the calendar in planner, this would be a nice feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. be able to block off time in the Teams calendar and not necessarily by booking a meeting.

using the Teams calendar, it would be beneficial to be able to block off time for appointments as well when already in the calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Calendar functionality

Is there a way for us to be able to copy a calendar entry (with all the attendees and meeting settings - like teacher only presenter etc) to paste in a new lesson slot, rather than recreating it every time? In South Africa we don't see our classes at the same time every day, so a repeat function doesn't work.
    Can we customise our lesson slots to for our lesson times? For example, our lessons are 45 minutes long, starting at 7.40am with two breaks during the day. Can we customise our work hours to make it easier to input…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Calendar start of week change

It would be helpful if we could change the day that our week starts. We start the week on a Sunday. We are able to do this on Outlook. It would be helpful to also be able to do this on Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Choose own preference to time setting

In Calendar, one should be able to choose what time setting they prefer. I dislike using the 24hr clock for scheduling. Currently, there does not seem to be an option. There is an option for language preference, it should be for the time setting as well.

In BC, Canada, the majority of schools typically use the 12 hr clock to create Day Plans.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Distribution list

Include outlook distribution list option when sending invites through the calendar feature within the app. Or, allow to tie the invite to a team when using the outlook app to create teams meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to mute (turn off / on) Team Calendar events as an Owner of multiple Teams

As an Administrator, I need to have access to my teachers Teams (i.e. online classrooms), but I do not want to see all of their various Team calendar events on my Outlook Calendar (way too much info on my calendar.) I would like to have the option turn off or on a calendar view of any Team's classroom calendar on my end (on my personal Outlook Calendar) just as I can for any other shared calendar.

Please help! I can't use my own calendar effectively because there is now too much on it and I can filter out Team calendar…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Canvas Calendar

Hello! I am scheduling meetings through external tools on Canvas. However, the meetings do not show up on my Microsoft Teams calendar even though it is asking for dates and times. I am having to go into both calendars. Please help streamline the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Choosing how many times a meeting should recur (not indefinitely)

Calendar function: create a feature for an event to recur for a set period of weeks/events only eg. I need to schedule a meeting for everyday for 3 weeks only and not indefinitely! This means I am having to make a meeting 15 times rather than just doing it once and setting when I want it to finish.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base