Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment to calendar

It would be Berger if the assigments where in calendar

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Group Calendar w/ Calendar Tab in Teams that is specific to the Team; not a culmination of private calendars.

Many teams have due dates or calendar items that are unique to the specific team. It would be nice to be able to add a Calendar tab to Teams that would allow this activity to occur. I don't want to integrate personal Outlook calendars with the team calendar. I want to be able to have a blank calendar specific to the Team that we can post Team-related information on. Does not need to Sync with anything else.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. month view

A monthly view in the calendar would be incredibly helpful. I'm very surprised that this simple option doesn't exist. Please add this

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to mute (turn off / on) Team Calendar events as an Owner of multiple Teams

As an Administrator, I need to have access to my teachers Teams (i.e. online classrooms), but I do not want to see all of their various Team calendar events on my Outlook Calendar (way too much info on my calendar.) I would like to have the option turn off or on a calendar view of any Team's classroom calendar on my end (on my personal Outlook Calendar) just as I can for any other shared calendar.

Please help! I can't use my own calendar effectively because there is now too much on it and I can filter out Team calendar…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please, Please allow people to change the organiser of a meeting or have more than one organiser.

It should be vital to be able to be able to change organiser or add organisers so that someone can still start the meeting and control the meeting options should the original organiser be sick / leave the company. I am unable to use most aspects of teams because the two other people in my team aren't alowed access to the meeting options.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. show/ complete meeting options inside the Calendar/ meeting invite

Would be great to have/ set meeting options inside the same window as the meeting invite for only the meeting creator

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. remove cancelled classes from the calendar, it clutters up the timetable and is unnecessary.

remove the cancelled classes from the timetable as it clutters up the calendar and is unnecessary.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete or close meetings that have already ended.

To keep students from getting into the wrong meeting, have the meetings that have already passed or ended to be closed so they cannot join the wrong one.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Linking the Teams Calendar to Apple/Samsung Calendar app.

It’ll be so much easier to see when my lessons are if I can see it on my Calendar app, rather than the calendar on Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Combine the outlook calender with the teams calender

Please combine the outlook calender with the teams calender

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Using email distribution lists for Teams calendar invitations

When I send a calendar invitation from a channel within Teams site I am unable to select email distribution lists from my Org Outlook list. I have noticed Teams only searches for individuals. I have also tried to use the name of the group membership using @, but no luck. My request is for Teams to be able to search for organisation email circulation lists. My department has 54 people.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I'd like to be able to set an alarm for certain meetings and choose how early, ie; 15 minutes before the meeting time... 30 min before, etc

I would like the ability to set an alarm type notification in your calendar. Set it for 5, 15, 30 minutes prior to start of meeting... or even 1 day, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Start work week on Sunday

It seems that Teams has realized that some people's weekend is Fridays and Saturday. That's already an accomplishment so thank you! However, in the application the week still starts on Mondays, then has Fridays and Saturdays as the weekend kinda awkwardly in the middle, and Sundays at the end of the week. We start on Sundays!!! So can we please move them to the beginning of the week?!

Oh and while you're at it: Please also make sure that this feature reflects into the setting of meeting series. Because if you schedule a meeting to occur every working week day,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. configure sound (bell) notification when a meeting start, so kids wont miss meeting

MAke a sound when a meeting start so the kids wont miss the start of their class

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Personal meeting defaults

Allow users to specify personal-scoped meeting defaults, instead of just org-wide defaults such as allowing users to bypass the lobby.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sharing Calendar

Please enable the ability to share the TEAMS calendar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Print Teams Meeting Calendar

Allow us to print the Meetings schedule in Teams Calendar. At least weekly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My art class is on a A/B Day rotation, can we get a calendar where we can choose multiple dates that are random for meetings?

I would like to click on multiple dates for my classes. I run on A/B days. One wee I teach MWF and the next Tu/Thurs. It would be nice to just click on each day that I have them and schedule all of the classes one time instead of each one individually. Also, in each class I have to manually go in and change each one to be me as the presenter only. I click on manage and it takes me to a safari, then I have to copy the link and go to firefox to change each class. Can…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alarms for the classes on the calendar, for little kids not to miss their classes.

There should be an alarm for when classes are to begin, because little kids go to the restroom or do something between classes and they get distracted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give permission to owner for create meetings....

There is a restriction to create new meetings for owner in each teams on Microsoft teams...
    Only admin can create new meetings...
    Owner have to rights for creat new meetings, start meetings and end meetings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base