Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show assignments from multiple teams on the outlook calendar

If students are taking multple classes and are on multiple teams, it would be great to have their assignments from these multiple teams to show up on their outlook calendar.
    To start, it owuld be nice to have assignments show up on any calendar.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attendees in calendar invite

Need to be able to add everyone as attendees for a calendar invite from a channel by either selecting the team or channel in attendees field or by copy paste from word or excel. Right now it is laborious having to manually copy and paste each email into attendees (most of my attendees are guests). Need to ensue it gets into their emails and calendars. Not everyone is used to technology or Teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner Updates

1. Have all Planner tasks link to Teams Calendar

2. Prevent tasks from disappearing if someone checks them off

3. Keep charts feature to allow people to see when they completed a tasks and add ability to see who completed the task

4. Increase the maximum number to assign tasks to 100 to accommodate larger organizations

5. Allow planner to work in private channels

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. integrate assignments with calendar in teams

whenever an assignment would get published it would show on the calendar the title of the work the group and if you would like to see more info

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add calendar view option for Next 7 Days

Add an option to change the calendar to display the "Next 7 Days". This feature is already available in Outlook. I typically use the Week view but as the week progresses, more and more of the display is wasted.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. display of due assinments

Every single student, in order to check or look up any assinments has to enter EVERY SINGLE team they are in. Therefore it is easy to miss a due date because you didn't enter a specific teams. Students on many occations get surprised when their undone homework is sent back to them, until then they don't realise one existed. So by putting each due assinment in a grid or calendar it would be visually easy to see if you have anu homewok for the given day. You won't have to access every single team, all of them are on one,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Live event calendar invite

At the moment it seems that in the Live Event setup, a calendar invite is not automatically sent in the creation of the event.
    It would be great to have that feature included in the setup.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Channel meetings automatically in calender

When I make a meeting for a channel, it would be very handy that the meeting appears in everyone's) from the team) calender.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. english language with 24 hour time notation

We are located in the Netherlands and use the 24h time notation (23:20) and we communicate in English, for this we use English (US). However in Teams if you select English (US) you automatically get the 12h AM/PM time and you cannot change it. If I want the 24h time notification I need to select Dutch but then my Teams client will operate in the Dutch language which I do not want.
    So please create two different settings. One for the language and one for the time format.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. time zones

In the Outlook Desktop app you can have up to three time zones. Teams is designed for meetings that can span the planet, so why not add this in?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assignments and Meetings on Calendar

It would make student's learning easier if we can see our assignments in our calendar and be able to see what meetings we have on which day. Also, we could click the meeting in the calendar and it takes us into the meeting. It would also be great if our outlook calendar transferred to our teams calendar so planning is smooth and we dont have to look in more than one place to complete our planning. It would also be great if there is a screenshot setting, so students can screenshot while a presenter is presenting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. default to attendees

It would be nice if when we could make all students attendees from the initial scheduling page and not have to go back in and change that setting. It is easier to make one student a presenter than it is to make everyone an attendee.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need the option to end repeat meetings

Please provide the same functionalities as in Outlook, in particular the option to end recurring meetings by a given date of after a given number of occurrences.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recurring Meetings

When setting up recurring meetings, there should be an option to skip weekends. We are on a rotating block schedule during distance learning, so using the custom "meet every 2 days" setting works, however, it still sets meetings on the weekends.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. customize button to schedule/ duplicate meeting times

I'm struggling to customize times for all of my classes. I have 6 classes 3 on A Day and 3 on B day but the schedule rotates. I want to copy the meeting credentials so I don't have too enter names each time. I want the group to repeat with customization of dates.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to cancel future meetings in a series without deleting previous meetings.

Cancel future repeats of meeting after term is over without deleting previous meetings. This would let students find the previous meetings' chat and links.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop allowing to join in old meetings like one day before. Bymistake many people join in one day before sessions. If happens with recurrence

Stop allowing to join in old meetings like one day before. Bymistake many people join in one day before sessions. If happens with recurrence

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. arrange another meeting from a previous Team meeting

After holding a meeting scheduled via Teams, if a follow up meeting is required for that same set of people, there is not currently a button to schedule another meeting, or duplicate the meeting that has just taken place. A whole new meeting has to be set up from scratch or you have to go into Outlook calendar online to duplicate the meeting that way

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Organiser cannot add specific people "who can present?" in more options

In creating a meeting for other owners in a Team, as an organizer for school I cannot give control to specific people or owners to present only.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatically add meeting to calendar

It would be good to be able to automatically add meetings from selected teams to the calendar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base