Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow students to sign-up for individual meetings in the Calendar

I would like to have the option for students to sign-up for a meeting at a particular time with me. Currently, I use Doodle to set up student conferences, but that doesn't integrate with my Outlook calendar the way that Teams meetings do. Plus, it requires that students go to yet another website. It would be great if I could set up certain times on my Calendar that I'm available and then one student could sign up for each time so that they know they'll get individual feedback during that time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. have it show if the host is loged in or not

Have it say on the calendar if the host is logged in or not on the calendar so your not waiting in the waiting room forever when the host didn't even bother to show up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. calendar

Please expand the options to schedule a meeting. As a teacher I would like to schedule my classes for the entire semester, but as they occur only Mondays and Thursdays I have to set a custom calendar each week. It would save HOURS of time to just schedule class on specific week days, not how many days between classes which doesn't work with the weekend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to make a calendar event that is not a video chat event... How do I do that???

Every time you create an event it assumes that you want a video chat room started. I want to set up our schedules on Teams for our Students as far as practices and events, so the Students can see what is coming so they can prepare... How do I set up a calendar event and not have it as a video chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add the homework assignments to calendar so it is easy to keep track of everything for multiple classes

Adding the children's homework to the calendar with a link would make life easier to keep track of multiple classes and due dates. It also benefits the parents who have multiple children and work full time to take a quick glance at what is due and the work for the week instead of clicking on each individual class.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Student Calendar

Since our schedule is very fluid. Would it be possible to have the ability to clean up our students calendar of deleted meetings? I realize I can send updates to their meetings but, their calendars are very overwhelming for them to follow with all the deleted meetings showing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. view recording icon in calendar

At our institution, we ask tutors to record themselves conducting all classes. Obviously some of them forget to record the class and as administrator, we need to go into each individual channel to monitor if tutors are recording. Since we schedule meetings, it appears in Calendar. It would be great to have a red dot displayed on the Schedule Meeting in Calendar to show that recording is in progress. See attachment as example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. view recording icon in calendar

At our institution, we ask tutors to record themselves conducting all classes. Obviously some of them forget to record the class and as administrator, we need to go into each individual channel to monitor if tutors are recording. Since we schedule meetings, it appears in Calendar. It would be great to have a red dot displayed on the Schedule Meeting in Calendar to show that recording is in progress. See attachment as example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Calendar syncing with documents

It would be ideal if teachers could add documents in the calendar that could be seen by the pupils linked to that class in their calendar. IS this possible. Our calendars are taken from SIMS and shown in Teams for staff and pupil. eg if i have Year 9 set 1 for Spanish. That appears in all of the pupils claendars but I can't share files with them here. This would mean that pupils could keep track using a timeline of the lessons they are meant to access the work?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i canot use the chat

oh boy i cant use my chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please make these changes to the default setting. When a meeting is created everyone should NOT be a presenter.

When a meeting is created everyone should NOT be a presenter. In addition nobody should be able to by pass the lobby except the owner of the meeting. It's really inconvenient for teachers to have to make this change for every single meeting. Especially because you can't even change it until after the meeting is created. That would be another improvement. Give the owner all of the meeting options while they are creating the meeting not after.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would it be possible

Would it be possible to have Teams links populate onto one's calendar when the Teams link is populated through a platform such as ItsLearning

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 24H time in the application

Support for 24H time in the application, we have students in preschool and above, and it's needed for them to be more user friendly. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. heheh

NYEEEE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)