Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easier access to changing files to view only

Files shared in team sites can be edited by all members. To change the sharing to view only you have to open in SharePoint - details -manage access. It would be much better to have the ability to change sharing type in the 'more options' list in Teams.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Students should not be able to add or remove files in the Files Tab. Or let me add a view only OneDrive tab.

The files tab should be for the class content provided by the teacher. It should not collect all the attachments or pictures the students upload to the conversations tab. Also, it should not let student remover any file.

Or else let us add a onedrive tab for us to share files for the students.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Playback Speed

We want feature give us the ability to change video speed (slow down/speed up). It'll be very useful and also it easy for you to make it real NOW days.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Private HIDDEN Folder for Teachers Only

In files, there's a "Class Materials" folder that is a read-only folder. This folder is visible to all members of a channel.

I want to request another shared folder that is private under "Class Materials" with the ability to view, read, and edit by teachers only. This folder should be HIDDEN from all students and only visible to teachers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Files downloads flexibility

Maybe allow drag and drop downloads. For example, drag the file from Teams into our personal folders on our desktop and have it downloaded directly. Instead of clicking download and having to always fetch our files from "Downloads" folder. This feature was available from Microsoft Outlook. It will help me a lot in terms of my productivity if I have multiple files or multiple folders to download files from. Thank you!!!! I really like TEAMS so far. Its very versatile and easy to use

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move/copy folder from one team to another

Ability to move or copy a folder in the files tab from one team to another team, not just files.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After clicking on the downloaded file icon, the file location should highlight the downloaded file.

Currently clicking on 'file downloaded' only opens the destination folder, it doesn't highlight the actual file which has just been downloaded, which means we need to then do a search within the folder to find the downloaded file. Clicking on 'file downloaded' notification should take us directly to the destionation folder and the downloaded file should be highlighted for us to easily locate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. whiteboard, Q&A and poll facility

by adding a whiteboard, Q&A and poll facility, allowing users to engage and see result in real time, rather than scrolling through a chat history to view results

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to have the recording sessions in a chronological way, because some times the recordings get lose when you are looking for it.

You can lose the recorded class in the plataform when you are looking fot it and it is really anoying because when you miss a class and then you look if someone record it, it is just not there, but really it was just hidden in the reply's of the chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Sharing of Links in the Files Tab

I want to be able to save website links in the files tab, just like I can save links in a file in One Drive. For instance, in my Pre-Employment Skills channel of my Life Skills class I created a folder in the Files tab called Typing. I want to be able to share website links to an online typing class and typing games. I realize I could create a Word Doc with a list of links, but that is just one more step. My students are Intellectually Disabled, and I want to make it as simple as possible for…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. pin files

It would be great to be able to pin files, like in the desktop apps, so you don't have to search through the list to find the last one you just had open.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give us the ability to drag, move and organize files that have been uploaded in to the file section of Teams.

The ability to organize uploaded file and move them around, create folders, etc like we can in the File Explorer in Windows.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blocking student access to live use of PowerPoints

When a teacher is trying use a PowerPoint in the meeting students should not be able to play around with it at the same time. Students should only be able to download the file to be worked through.

I had students continuously messing around with the PowerPoint while I was trying to teach. It becomes counter-productive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add the ability to add a Google Shared Drive to MS Teams files section

Please add the ability to add a Google Shared Drive to MS Teams files section

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow all the files that are posted on the desktop app to be seen in the mobile app.

Allow all the documents that are on the class material folder of a team to be seen on the mobile app without having to search for them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

great news!  ·  Lauren Kuan responded

I’m very happy to announce that the Class Materials folder is now available on iOS and Android devices! Go to the Microsoft Teams app to now see the Class Materials folder.

17. Allow links to websites in the file library

allow the ability to put a link to website(s) in the file library

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Document links in chat attempt to open in browser, should open in Teams.

Links to documents in Teams chat attempt to open in browser, should open in Teams instead, as navigating manually to the file in Teams (and bypassing the link) works

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to See attachments in meetings tabs

Ability to see any attachments in the meetings tabs, in order to be able to open the attached file on the selected file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tumbnail's of image files visible in Teams file section.

I use the file section to upload a variety of images for Art and Design students and would like to be able to see a thumbnail of the image without having to open or download it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base