Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add student and assignment name to Files uploaded by a student

When a student uploads a file in Teams, the file keeps the random filename my student created. In many cases this is image.jpg or something like that. When you download the file, you end up with hundred of files with meaningless names. My students are 11, and they frequently forget to write their names.

With turnitin.com, when you download student work, the account name of the student is automatically appended to the file name.

It would be great if some kind of id information was appended to the filename so you could sort it easily.

Also, it woud be nice…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. with zoom , I was able to use my IPAD and /or phone as an external camera. I need to be able to do that with TEAMS..

I need to be able to use my IPAD /phone as an external camera, and /or access the activities i have on my ipad so that I can use more materials when I am working one on one with a student. .

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. extract zip inside teams

not only read files inside zip and rar files. Make it possible to extract files

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sync with Teams Files to Local Machine

There is a button in SharePoint that will sync a SharePoint folder with a local computer folder using the OneDrive Sync Client. To do this, I have to open Teams > Channel > Files tab > Open with SharePoint > Sign in > Sync > Choose subfolders to sync. Can that button in SharePoint simply be put into Teams?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inserting files into the Teams OneNote from the Teams Files area.

To be able to insert files directly from the Teams 'Files' area within the Teams 'OneNote'. Presently this can only be done by downloading and then uploading.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. a hyperlink option in reply would be fantastic

have the option to hyperlink files

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. recall One Note pages

There needs to be a way to recall One Note pages as easily as distributing them. When I delete an assignment, I want it to automatically delete any One Note pages that were distributed with the assignment. Or, if I distribute a page to the Class Notebook, there should be an easy way to recall pages from student notebooks. Distributing pages in only a couple of clicks, but there is not option to recall or remove pages without going in to each students' notebook and deleting the pages manually. That is a huge amount of time with 150 student notebooks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Rubric Folder

I would really like the ability to access/edit/duplicate rubrics outside of an assignment. A rubrics folder that I can use to access/edit/duplicate/reuse rubrics would be excellent. It is extremely cumbersome to only be able to edit the rubric in the assignment. It also means that I can't prepare the rubric until I'm nearly ready to post the assignment, and it's difficult to use that rubric or a similar one again weeks or months later.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Class materials folder on mobile

Make Class Materials Accessable through the Android Mobile App

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

great news!  ·  Lauren Kuan responded

I’m very happy to announce that the Class Materials folder is now available on iOS and Android devices! Go to the Microsoft Teams app to now see the Class Materials folder.

10. Uploading files on mobile platforms

Some teachers are very frustrated at the fact that students cannot upload files because they are working through mobile platforms. I think that this should be a feature, especially since some people won't have access to computers during this time of crisis.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a URL LINK In TEAMS, under File>New.

In Files it is possible to add a word doc, excel, powerpoint, etc. I would like to have a feature that allows me to just add a url link that will take the user straight to a resource on-line or a website.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make mobile users able to upload files to teams

Users being able to upload files from mobile

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow choice of where to save each file before downloading"

When user needs to download a file, often the user has a place in mind (other than Downloads) for the file. Allow user to choose to be asked where to save the downloaded file. This will often save steps for many users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link Files tab in a channel to a different document library

I have created a new channel and I want to keep files in a separate document library for that channel and not a sub-folder of Documents. I am able to add a tab in that channel, but the original Files tab remains. What would be great is to be able to right-click files and link it to the separate document library (not Documents). Alternatively, it would be useful to remove or hide Files so that there is no confusion as to where to find files.Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add copy paste function for folders

Please add function to copy and paste an entire folder from 'files'. Will help when setting up initial infrastructure.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow preview of submitted work of a Publisher File

Generate a preview of the submitted files from a Publisher document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Limit access to a folder (and the files within) to specific members of a team

In some circumstances, there is data pertinent to the team's activities but the data contains sensitive information that should only be viewed by members with more seniority.

It would be nice in a circumstance like this to create a folder and be able to adjust permissions to limit who can access and who can edit.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Easier access to changing files to view only

Files shared in team sites can be edited by all members. To change the sharing to view only you have to open in SharePoint - details -manage access. It would be much better to have the ability to change sharing type in the 'more options' list in Teams.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Students should not be able to add or remove files in the Files Tab. Or let me add a view only OneDrive tab.

The files tab should be for the class content provided by the teacher. It should not collect all the attachments or pictures the students upload to the conversations tab. Also, it should not let student remover any file.

Or else let us add a onedrive tab for us to share files for the students.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base