Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PPSX files should open as a PPSX in tabs

A PPSX file is a powerpoint that only opens as the "show" and not the powerpoint editor. It would be great to be able to post a PPSX file as a tab in teams. Right now my workaround is exporting the PPT as a PDF and using that as a tab. Not as elegant.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uploading files on mobile platforms

Some teachers are very frustrated at the fact that students cannot upload files because they are working through mobile platforms. I think that this should be a feature, especially since some people won't have access to computers during this time of crisis.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a URL LINK In TEAMS, under File>New.

In Files it is possible to add a word doc, excel, powerpoint, etc. I would like to have a feature that allows me to just add a url link that will take the user straight to a resource on-line or a website.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make mobile users able to upload files to teams

Users being able to upload files from mobile

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update Folder modified date/time when a file inside is modified

I think it would be very helpful if Teams would update a folder's modified date/time when a file inside (the folder) is modified. At the moment the data field under "modified" for a folder is either the date/time it was created or when it was last renamed.

This causes recently updated files to perhaps be overlooked or missed when going through a Teams area which has been organized into folders and subfolders. Should this be implemented it would need to include updating the parent folder's date/time both from subfolders and from files directly within that folder, depending on which has…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Open and work in multiple files simultaneously .

Now you can only open and edit 1 file. it would be good to have like a pop-out window for files you are working on.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link Files tab in a channel to a different document library

I have created a new channel and I want to keep files in a separate document library for that channel and not a sub-folder of Documents. I am able to add a tab in that channel, but the original Files tab remains. What would be great is to be able to right-click files and link it to the separate document library (not Documents). Alternatively, it would be useful to remove or hide Files so that there is no confusion as to where to find files.Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. drag and drop files from teams into email

Hi There,
    We use teams in my office as a file storage center. I know there is a sharepoint or one drive site behind it, however, it is hard that you cannot have a file in teams and then drag and drop into an email. Would love to have this ability.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow preview of submitted work of a Publisher File

Generate a preview of the submitted files from a Publisher document.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. extract zip inside teams

not only read files inside zip and rar files. Make it possible to extract files

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync with Teams Files to Local Machine

There is a button in SharePoint that will sync a SharePoint folder with a local computer folder using the OneDrive Sync Client. To do this, I have to open Teams > Channel > Files tab > Open with SharePoint > Sign in > Sync > Choose subfolders to sync. Can that button in SharePoint simply be put into Teams?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Limit access to a folder (and the files within) to specific members of a team

In some circumstances, there is data pertinent to the team's activities but the data contains sensitive information that should only be viewed by members with more seniority.

It would be nice in a circumstance like this to create a folder and be able to adjust permissions to limit who can access and who can edit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easier access to changing files to view only

Files shared in team sites can be edited by all members. To change the sharing to view only you have to open in SharePoint - details -manage access. It would be much better to have the ability to change sharing type in the 'more options' list in Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. recall One Note pages

There needs to be a way to recall One Note pages as easily as distributing them. When I delete an assignment, I want it to automatically delete any One Note pages that were distributed with the assignment. Or, if I distribute a page to the Class Notebook, there should be an easy way to recall pages from student notebooks. Distributing pages in only a couple of clicks, but there is not option to recall or remove pages without going in to each students' notebook and deleting the pages manually. That is a huge amount of time with 150 student notebooks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After clicking on the downloaded file icon, the file location should highlight the downloaded file.

Currently clicking on 'file downloaded' only opens the destination folder, it doesn't highlight the actual file which has just been downloaded, which means we need to then do a search within the folder to find the downloaded file. Clicking on 'file downloaded' notification should take us directly to the destionation folder and the downloaded file should be highlighted for us to easily locate.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Class materials folder on mobile

Make Class Materials Accessable through the Android Mobile App

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to have the recording sessions in a chronological way, because some times the recordings get lose when you are looking for it.

You can lose the recorded class in the plataform when you are looking fot it and it is really anoying because when you miss a class and then you look if someone record it, it is just not there, but really it was just hidden in the reply's of the chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Sharing of Links in the Files Tab

I want to be able to save website links in the files tab, just like I can save links in a file in One Drive. For instance, in my Pre-Employment Skills channel of my Life Skills class I created a folder in the Files tab called Typing. I want to be able to share website links to an online typing class and typing games. I realize I could create a Word Doc with a list of links, but that is just one more step. My students are Intellectually Disabled, and I want to make it as simple as possible for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give us the ability to drag, move and organize files that have been uploaded in to the file section of Teams.

The ability to organize uploaded file and move them around, create folders, etc like we can in the File Explorer in Windows.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base