Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Class Document Library

The class notebook within OneNote is a useful idea, and I would like to see something similar to automatically configure permissions for a document library.

In other words, there would be folders that are editable by both teachers and students (already exists), folders that are editable by teachers and viewable by students (already exists but it is kind of a hack because it does not actually reside within the Team file share and does not sync along with it), folders that are editable by teachers and not viewable by students, and personal folders for each student that the teacher can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Jumping Files

When in files and going back, it jumps back to the start or to another folder. Not just back a page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Handy App für Android verbessern

Auf dem Handy werden nicht alle Dateien und Aufgaben angezeigt. Viele bekommen nicht mit, dass es Aufgaben gab. Ich würde mir wünschen, dass alle Aufbaben und Dateien auch über das Handy (Android) zu erreichen wären, sodass alle Schüler einen Zugriff auf diese haben.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ensure that animations still work when presenting in the online application.

I made a PPT with interactive features (e.g., if students say the wrong option and the presenter clicks on it, the box turns red. If they click on the right option, it turns green.) However, this interactivity only works properly if I open the desktop version of PPT. I find this annoying, since I want to be able to present in the online application, which has a better writing and erasing feature during live presentations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hey,

Hey,

I suggest you add the "share option" of files in a team's channel to another team's channel.

e.g: share files of channel titled "activities" in team-1, to channel titled "activities" in team-2. thus, we avoid uploading them again.

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Folders

Not all folders are visible in the android app for telephones - you have to be on a computer to access folders and files in use. This means not being able to add photos from a mobile device without emailing youself or accessing info from teachers on a mobile device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. to be able to mute someone or make them unmuted

to be able to put emmojis by your character so people know that you raised your hand like that idea hated the idea or dont under stand or got it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prepare posts, but then hide them until you want people to see them

It would be good to prepare a post on teams fully but choose for it to remain hidden until you click to make it visible to all. This would all you to prepare without worrying that students may already do it and then turn up expecting more straight away.

Related - you could add a timer function here too. If I was 'away' and wanted to set my posts to appear tomorrow so I didn't have to login to do it manually I could set a time that they would be published automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The downloading of lessons is very slow

The downloading of lessons is very slow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have separate owners for specific channels within our teams class.

Our school has a music teacher that has not been granted access to our school teams through IT. I have added a channel for her in our class Team. I want her to be the owner of her channel within my team. She's an owner now but receives a great deal of messaging from my class that she doesn't need.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. File Categorizing

When adding files to a folder, it lists them Z to A by default...the default should be A to Z...or at least have a setting that allows you to select the default categorization of your files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let it be made possible to add documents via the mobile app

I'm using teams for the first year and it seems to be be impossible to add documents or photos via the mobile phone. Can that functionality be added or activated??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Documents downloading

I think that Whoever is uploading should have an option to either,
    Option 1: Let everyone edit the same document
    Option 2: That each student will have a copy, so they don't have to worry about editing others work.
    Teachers are very new to his but students are too sometimes, so we need some clear option to help this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy documents to one drive easily

We need to be able to copy assignment documents to a one drive space, similar to documents on a file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Flags downloading from chat are in the way

when I download multiple files from chat, a flag pops up covering the downloads and I can't click the other downloads until the flags go away. Minor, but annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base