Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove "Staff Notebook" from Microsoft Teams for Education

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but we are using Microsoft Teams educational licenses. We want to use the Teams for our internal staff departments first. For some reason the setup of teams includes extra educational features like it force creates a OneNote tab called "Staff Notebook" in the General channel of each team. the OneNote includes a lot of classroom type customization that we do not want/need. Our departments have their own OneNotes. I cannot delete Staff Notebook tab or even rename it. I can add and delete other OneNotes but we want a…

613 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

96 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! If you do not want to use the OneNote Staff Notebook or any of the other default tabs across the various team types, we suggest creating an ‘Anyone’ team instead.

The ‘Anyone’ team will not include any add-ons by default and gives you the flexibility to use Teams however you would like. We understand that there are so many other ways you can use Teams that does not fit the Class/PLC/Staff team template. So ‘Anyone’ will be your best option!

More information on the different team types in Teams for Education can be found here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-a-team-type-to-collaborate-in-microsoft-teams-0a971053-d640-4555-9fd7-f785c2b99e67

Feel free to reply back here if you have additional feedback.

Thank you!
    Justin

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base