Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Junior - Microsoft Teams is amazing but it is complicated for younger children to use a simplified version

Teams Junior - Microsoft Teams for EYFS/KS1 would be amazing! with a more user friendly interface for our youngest learners.

869 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

82 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove "Staff Notebook" from Microsoft Teams for Education

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but we are using Microsoft Teams educational licenses. We want to use the Teams for our internal staff departments first. For some reason the setup of teams includes extra educational features like it force creates a OneNote tab called "Staff Notebook" in the General channel of each team. the OneNote includes a lot of classroom type customization that we do not want/need. Our departments have their own OneNotes. I cannot delete Staff Notebook tab or even rename it. I can add and delete other OneNotes but we want a…

401 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! If you do not want to use the OneNote Staff Notebook or any of the other default tabs across the various team types, we suggest creating an ‘Anyone’ team instead.

The ‘Anyone’ team will not include any add-ons by default and gives you the flexibility to use Teams however you would like. We understand that there are so many other ways you can use Teams that does not fit the Class/PLC/Staff team template. So ‘Anyone’ will be your best option!

More information on the different team types in Teams for Education can be found here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-a-team-type-to-collaborate-in-microsoft-teams-0a971053-d640-4555-9fd7-f785c2b99e67

Feel free to reply back here if you have additional feedback.

Thank you!
    Justin

3. We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

We really need a search function for chat - so we can find previous conversations easily

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams in Alphabetical Order

Could we have the teams arranged in alphabetical order as it would make them easier to find for those involved in a large number of teams?

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Branding of the Teams App. Allow for custom colors, loading a logo, etc.

Would like the ability to customize the look and feel of the Teams App. Allow us to create color schemes, fonts, logos to the app.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add multiple students at the same time using a semicolon

When setting up a new class notebook, I can add multiple students when I separate my students usernames with a semicolon. This doesn't work in Teams, I have to add users one at a time. This is tedious when I have several classes of 45-50 students. I already have a trick I use to speed this up but it uses the semicolon separation functionality.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate functions and chat conversations into new windows

It would be very helpful if we could open Teams items in a separate window. For example, in many meetings, we are using webcams, screen sharing, chat, and multiple channel tabs at the same time. It takes many clicks and a lot of waiting to switch from the chat to a channel tab to a file and back to the chat, and I can't see them all at once, which is really inefficient.

It's also impossible to view multiple files at once, unless you open each one in a separate browser window or desktop program (which takes 15-30 seconds or…

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Recording must be only teachers window.

When the teacher starts recording class it should not record into 4 tiles(with one teacher and 3 students). Recording must be only teachers window. Give the feature either to select which window tobe recorded or record only teachers window.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Wiki Search

The current search doesn't search from Team wikis.

Currently we have several wikis in use for development, changes, link libraries etc and finding certain small wiki entry can be time consuming.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fixed background in Teams

Hi, I love the new options to blur your background with images. My favorite one is the classroom (I am a teacher) and I was wondering if it would be possible to make this a standard background. I have up to 15 sessions/meetings with students in small groups every day and each time I have to change the background again to this classroom picture. That is a lot of work. Having an option for a fixex setting would be great.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Full Desktop Version for Chromebooks

Glad to see Teams available to be downloaded on chromebooks, however, the layout has only been adopted from the mobile UI, which doesn't translate well to Chromebooks desktop like experience. Please bring a version optimized for larger screens to the Google Play Store.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, we understand the need and would like your feedback. We would like additional clarity on whether the Google Play Store is enabled/disabled within your organization. Please post information here, and our team will track your feedback to better understand the scope of this ask.

Thanks!

12. I would like to be able to reorder the channels - not just necessarily alphabetically

I would like to be able to reorder the channels - not just necessarily alphabetically

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Team Search

Team search only seams to search the first letters. The search doesn't search for other words in the title. This makes it hard to find Teams unless you know the exact title.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pin apps we want to the left hand side

Be able to pin more Apps to the left hand side.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom font style and color for team chat users

It would be great to be able to customize the font style and color when using the persistent team chat. This would enable you to further distinguish between members chatting.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Public Team List

We need a way to show all public teams. When users go to add a team the panel doesn't show anything until they search. It would be great if it just showed all the public teams so that they can browse the ones that they want to join.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple tabs

I'd like to be able to view multiple channels/tabs at once--for example, I might need to see both the channel for my working group AND the channel for one of our projects at the same time during a meeting. Now I have to click back and forth, and since I end up on the Conversations tab each time I switch channels, I have to click 3 or 4 times to get to each location I want to visit.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow custom image for channel background

Our workgroups each have their own Teams channel. As our channel becomes more like our digital clubhouse, we'd like to be able to personalize it by changing the background (the negative space behind posts), for example.We want to decorate it.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sound notifications: Customization options

Would you please entertain allowing for different sound notifications per user, per channel, or per conversation?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [PC] Switch between accounts just like Mobile version

Add the ability to switch between two separate Teams accounts on PC. Currently you must logout, then back in as the different user.

Switching is supported on Mobile, I can go to settings and swap accounts w/o re-login.

Please bring this feature to the PC client.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base