Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard rather than Conversation as the home page of each Team

Rather than see a conversation as the starting point of each Team, I'd like to see a dashboard. That is, recent conversation activity, Assessments due, calendar events, recent files, homework reminders etc ...

1,495 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

52 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Justin Chando responded

Thank you all for your continued feedback on this feature! We are still evaluating options, so for now the ‘Posts’ tab remains the default first tab for every team.

Great suggestions so far in the comments, but please do continue to share how you would use this feature so we can better understand the use case for our planning.

2. Read receipt in conversation - see who has read a post in a channel

Now I post a message in a thread/conversation, but I have no idea how many has read it.

532 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is being reviewed by the feature team. No new details to share at this time.

Meanwhile, feel free to share why you need this in class teams / staff teams, and what you need to see (ie # read / list of users read / timestamp of read) and for what purpose.

Gordon Chang from Teams

3. Change Teams type for an existing Team in EDU

In Microsoft Teams for EDU we have four options when creating a new team: Classes, PLCs, Staff Members, Anyone

I would like the ability to change the Team type after creation.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We will be monitoring the votes and further comments.

Currently our recommendation is to create another team with your desired type, and migrate the files, team setup, apps, and members to the new team.

Feel free to comment further on when you may need to change Teams type for an existing team. Is it always right after you create a team?

Gordon Chang from Teams

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base