Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard rather than Conversation as the home page of each Team

Rather than see a conversation as the starting point of each Team, I'd like to see a dashboard. That is, recent conversation activity, Assessments due, calendar events, recent files, homework reminders etc ...

454 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team. No new details to share at this time.

-Warren

2. It would be awesome if we could have a Microsoft Forms tab for Microsoft Team channels

Microsoft Forms for Microsoft Team channels would be incredibly handy!

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Team-specific notification settings

Currently the notification settings apply to all teams. But not all teams are created equal...sometimes we don't want to get certain notifications from a specific team. It would be nice if we can specify a team to inherit the global notification setting or to have its own notification setting.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. private channels need to be able to schedule meetings and record the video of the meeting.

private channels need to be able to schedule meetings and record the video of the meeting.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't create an email address when I create a new Team

I have dozens and dozens of Teams...and we are going to create many more. Stop with the email addresses already! They never get used for anything useful and clog up the directory and confuse users. Let me turn off the email creation, or otherwise deactivate the email address automatically that is created. The default should be no working email address.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow for planner to be a tab in a private channel

We love the new feature to have private channels within a team although at the moment we aren't able to add a Planner as a tab within a private channel. This would be great otherwise a few of our team members need to create a separate team in order to achieve this.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow to delete or rename the channel named General.

I want to rename this channel but it won't let me. I don't want it to be named that way.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move conversations between channels

Please allow an admin (or a channel admin) to move a conversation from one channel to another one, in case it goes off-topic / not relevant to others.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sub channels

much like how users can create sub pages in OneNote, I'd like the ability to create sub channels in a Team. It's helpful to use indenting on the channels to organize information .

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create own Teams Icon

Please allow people to upload their own image for icons for Teams. If a teacher has multiple teams in a learning area eg English having 4 Teams with the same Shakespeare image does not help quick recognition. The system to upload an icon for the Office 365 Accounts would be perfect!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can we make a default tab other than Conversations

I would like to open with a tab of my choice as the default tab rather than the Conversations tab

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Grouping of Teams

It would be great to make groups of our Teams (i.e. putting all our school administrative teams in one group)

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Record the whiteboard during a live meeting

During a live Teams meeting, you can use the Whiteboard, but it doesn't record. For classroom purposes, this makes it difficult for students who go back to watch the lesson later. They can't see what was done on the Whiteboard.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Join a new public team (that you do not belong to) via a web link - using the Get Link to Team functionality

There is no reason why the "Get link to a team" cannot also work like the "Get a code" functionality -- there should be an easy click way to join a public team, without having to go to teams and enter in a code, or fruitlessly searching for the exact spelling of a public team.

Being able to use the get link functionality for this would be self-explanatory, and would enable much more seamless joining of public teams.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Channel Template in Teams to Create New Channels from Template

Requesting the ability to create a Channel Template that can be copied/duplicated into another channel. When the copy is made it needs to copy all the existing tabs in the template but they need to be their own tab and operate independently from the template.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to create an announcements channel.

I am trying to create an announcements channel so that teachers can announce anything that is important in a separate channel rather than having it in and single channel and being spammed by many students.
    Or, could there be a channel setting to allow certain members to be able to not write in the channel, making good use for teacher/hidden channels for each team.

TL;DR An announcements or a read-only setting for a specific channel would add a nice and clean addition to announcements and/or teacher only channels.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it possible to create private tabs or tabs that can be locked with a password

As a teacher I am the owner of a team with my students. I would like to have the option to create private tabs (or password protected tabs). Comparable to OneNote where you can create sections that are password protected. Maybe its even possible to create a Teacher only channel, comparable to the Teacher Only section in Onenote.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Connect a video channel to a team

Be able to connect a video channel from the O365 video app to a specific team (class). This way the class can share their videos, mixes and so on with eachother and the teacher..

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disable @Team / @Channel mentions only for Members, not Owners

There's an option to disable @Team / @Channel mentions for Members, but this also includes Owners (although Owners are still considered Members of a Team, these options are confusing with their text) - If there could be an option for only Owners to do all Team / Channel mentions.

Ex.
    [ ] Disable @Team for Members
    [ ] Disable @Channel for Members
    [ ] Disable @Team for everyone
    [ ] Disable @Channel for everyone
    [ ] Disable @Mentions for Members
    [ ] Disable @Mentions for everyone

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sharing a conversation post with another Team

Currently, when I post a conversation in my class team, I need to redo all the steps in another class team. There should be an option to share the same conversation post with another Team or channel.

This is also helpful for those conversations posted in the wrong team or channel, or those that would start another channel or team.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base