Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard rather than Conversation as the home page of each Team

Rather than see a conversation as the starting point of each Team, I'd like to see a dashboard. That is, recent conversation activity, Assessments due, calendar events, recent files, homework reminders etc ...

1,029 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

34 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your continued feedback on this feature! We are still evaluating options, so for now the ‘Posts’ tab remains the default first tab for every team.

Great suggestions so far in the comments, but please do continue to share how you would use this feature so we can better understand the use case for our planning.

2. Assign Assignments to specific channels

It should be possible to assign Assignments to specific channel(s). Now, each Assignment is posted in the general channel.

437 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give teachers the option of creating a "sample student" so they can demonstrate for students from the student view

Give teachers the option of creating a "sample student" so they can demonstrate for students from the student view

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Team-specific notification settings

Currently the notification settings apply to all teams. But not all teams are created equal...sometimes we don't want to get certain notifications from a specific team. It would be nice if we can specify a team to inherit the global notification setting or to have its own notification setting.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow for planner to be a tab in a private channel

We love the new feature to have private channels within a team although at the moment we aren't able to add a Planner as a tab within a private channel. This would be great otherwise a few of our team members need to create a separate team in order to achieve this.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Record the whiteboard during a live meeting

During a live Teams meeting, you can use the Whiteboard, but it doesn't record. For classroom purposes, this makes it difficult for students who go back to watch the lesson later. They can't see what was done on the Whiteboard.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upload files to multiple channels at the same time

When posting a message please allow us to upload a file to multiple channels.
    Currently if you attach a file to a message you can only post it to one channel. Many teachers are responsible for multiple classes in the same grade. Having to go and upload a file to each team and channel one by one is very time consuming.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow to delete or rename the channel named General.

I want to rename this channel but it won't let me. I don't want it to be named that way.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be awesome if we could have a Microsoft Forms tab for Microsoft Team channels

Microsoft Forms for Microsoft Team channels would be incredibly handy!

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pin Posts in Channel

Enable posts to be pinned within a channel, so that the pinned post is the first one seen when a member goes to that channel.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unmuting a student

I love the 'mute all' option, but working with young kids, it is sometimes difficult for them to find the unmute button. It would be helpful as a teacher to be able to unmute a student.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Chat Partcipation Limitations

The current group chat limits the number of participants to 100. PLEASE PLEASE increase it to 250, as my team is larger than 100 and we would like to have the ability to have a group chat.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't create an email address when I create a new Team

I have dozens and dozens of Teams...and we are going to create many more. Stop with the email addresses already! They never get used for anything useful and clog up the directory and confuse users. Let me turn off the email creation, or otherwise deactivate the email address automatically that is created. The default should be no working email address.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sub channels

much like how users can create sub pages in OneNote, I'd like the ability to create sub channels in a Team. It's helpful to use indenting on the channels to organize information .

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Move conversations between channels

Please allow an admin (or a channel admin) to move a conversation from one channel to another one, in case it goes off-topic / not relevant to others.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Grouping of Teams

It would be great to make groups of our Teams (i.e. putting all our school administrative teams in one group)

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot see all participants in the meeting video. Additionally, there is no way to see if a participant is trying to virtually raise a hand.

Cannot see all participants in the meeting video. Additionally, there is no way to see if a participant is trying to virtually raise a hand. I am concerned that my littler students will have a lot of trouble and staying focused with the distractions allowable in Teams meetings are going to be very disruptive.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Teams type for an existing Team in EDU

In Microsoft Teams for EDU we have four options when creating a new team: Classes, PLCs, Staff Members, Anyone

I would like the ability to change the Team type after creation.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We will be monitoring the votes and further comments.

Currently our recommendation is to create another team with your desired type, and migrate the files, team setup, apps, and members to the new team.

Feel free to comment further on when you may need to change Teams type for an existing team. Is it always right after you create a team?

Gordon Chang from Teams

19. Mute Feature not working. Students cause mayhem by muting and unmuting others.

URGENT! The mute feature does not work in Teams. Even if you press the option to allow only the meeting organizer to mute everyone in a meeting is enabled via presenter & attendee roles prior to the meeting when you schedule an event the feature does not work. Students are still able to mute everyone including the presenter( the teacher) and are able to unmute themselves. This makes for a very disjointed lesson as students are muting and unmuting others continuously throughout the lesson, including the teacher.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Control bar

The control bar is blocking the bottom part of the powerpoint slide being shown. Please consider moving it to other places.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base