Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track student attendance within Teams

Everything is so cool, I love it, but could be possible to add a tab to keep track of the students attendance?

767 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

47 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all, thanks for the feedback thus far on attendance tracking.

We would love further details from you to better understand what you are looking for in an attendance tracking feature and to address this as fast as possible:

1. Are you looking to “add a tab”? (original request)
    2. Are you looking for a Gradebook-like experience to track student attendance throughout the class?
    3. Will this be used primarily for online classes and online training, or needed for physical classrooms too?
    4. If you would like the ability to download the student attendance list from within a Teams meeting, could you please upvote this related UserVoice feedback: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/599053/suggestions/39969796

We look forward to hearing from you!

Gordon Chang from Teams

2. Announcement feature - to be able to schedule this in advance to post on a certain day/time so announcements ready to go for 2 weeks out

Most teachers plan for instruction a couple weeks at a time. Being able to set the ANNOUNCEMENT feature to be "scheduled" to post in the thread at a certain date/time would be HUGE improvement to teacher workflow. I want my students to see the ANNOUNCEMENT for the day with all instructions and then my scheduled assignments fall in line below the ANNOUNCEMENT for the day. Not being able to schedule this in advance to post each day of the week and to have things all set up for 1-2 weeks at a time is a HUGE break in normal teacher…

321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. LTI Integration

With Teams replacing Class Notebook, there is a focus to use this in Education. If Teams worked with LTI, it would allow Learning Management Systems such as Moodle and Canvas to assign users to a Team through direct single sign on. This creates a more seamless experience for students and decreases the amount of admin needed to get them in.

Further to this, each group inside an LMS could be given a separate team or private channel in Teams to Collaborate. This would be massively beneficial for Education.

318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to all of your feedback and thanks to our partners and their tireless efforts, we’ve made it possible for you to now set up a Microsoft Teams meeting for your online classroom directly from within your learning management system (LMS).

This new capability allows you to quickly enable remote learning for your students and faculty by bringing the power of Teams directly into your LMS. We already have integrations launched across the world’s top LMSs; Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, Schoology, and itsLearning!

Learn more about these new integrations and get started today here; https://educationblog.microsoft.com/en-us/2020/03/microsoft-teams-meeting-creation-now-available-in-canvas-blackboard-schoology-brightspace-and-itslearning/

The best part is this is only the beginning because as Teams evolves, we’ll continue to improve our LMS integrations as well. Thank you!

4. Add a Sway

Add the possibilty to add Sways to a Team

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

Unfortunately I need to switch this back to Under Review. The feature team is investigating how best this could be implemented.

-Warren

5. Localization of Microsoft Teams in Albanian language

Dear Sir/Madame,

I’m writing on behalf of the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation of the Republic of Kosovo, regarding the localization of Office 365 and apps in Albanian language.

Some of the apps in Office 365, such as Outlook are already translated and available in Albanian language, but our request is for Microsoft Teams to be localized in Albanian language.

FYI: the region of South East Europe including countries: Kosovo, Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia have around 7 million citizens who’s mother tongue is Albanian.

In this time of Corona Virus we are facing the language difficulties…

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. h5p

I would like to integrate contend created with h5p into Teams and get the results in my grades and being able to assign tasks created with h5p in Teams. thx

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SCORM

Please can you build something so we can use SCORM files in Teams, and pull out the scores of quizzes from within them and completion of the materials?

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create quick class polls in MS Teams

In the conversations area we need the ability to add a quick question for formative assessment purposes. The different types needed would be: multiple choice, text and ticktboox. The instant feedback to the teacher can be used to judge how the class, or individuals, are progressing with the lesson.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add functionality to the Whiteboard

The Whiteboard would be more useful with the ability to: 1) paste an image or anything onto the whiteboard. 2) insert a text box, 3) move what's on the whiteboard to a different area on the whiteboard, 4) zoom in or out

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Schedule when your Post appears

Allow the ability to schedule when a post (or new conversation in Posts) appears similar to how Assignments can be scheduled. This will further help automate daily tasks for teachers.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Detect Fragments and Run-On Sentences" feature in Word 2016

Previous versions of Word detected fragments and run-on sentences, but Word 2016 does not. This is especially problematic because these are two of the most common writing errors students make; many students relied on this feature to improve their writing
    Please vote to have this feature added to Word 2016.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add padlet to the list of apps

Embedd Padlet into TEAMS

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Seesaw app

Add a Seesaw app to Teams for Education

https://app.seesaw.me

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Compile all student data in one section for all classes

I'm a special education teacher and it would be great to see what students on my caseload are doing in other classes. I would like to have a caseload roster of students and when I click on their name, it gives me "snapshot" of all their work/progress/activity/etc in all their classes on Teams. Currently I would have to access to each individual class and check their work one by one, but this way would be so much more efficient.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow me to enter Location or Activity when updating status

Status Location
    Allow me to enter a location or activity in addition to selecting a 'status' like in Skype.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sound Notifications - Need volume adjustment

The current sound notification is very muted and does not make an audible sound unless computer is at full volume (which then impacts other application sound). Can you set a louder notification sound for chat/mentions/notifications? Or let this be adjustable/customizable?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. outlook in teams

The outlook mail client should be an app in teams. If it is really going to be one program to run all others under, let us put our outlook client into Teams.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add email button to teams sidebar that integrates with 365

Add an email button to the sidebar where I can view my exchange email. I use Teams and Outlook in my browser in two separate tabs. Integrating email and teams would allow for me to manage everything in one area. That would be awesome. Great work so far. Thanks!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notifications

In the settings, Notifications section - add an option to put a notification into the Windows 10 'notifications' because the current banner notification is easily missed if you are not looking at the screen. Also, other apps put their notifications there (IE: Outlook, Slack) so it's a nice 'one location to look' and see all notifications.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sync Distribution Lists with TEAMS

Can you please have distribution lists in outlook merged with TEAMS so they update automatically?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base