Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LTI Integration

With Teams replacing Class Notebook, there is a focus to use this in Education. If Teams worked with LTI, it would allow Learning Management Systems such as Moodle and Canvas to assign users to a Team through direct single sign on. This creates a more seamless experience for students and decreases the amount of admin needed to get them in.

Further to this, each group inside an LMS could be given a separate team or private channel in Teams to Collaborate. This would be massively beneficial for Education.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SCORM

Please can you build something so we can use SCORM files in Teams, and pull out the scores of quizzes from within them and completion of the materials?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. use security groups of AAD or AD

I think It would be a good idea the possibility of use security groups as well as using office 365 groups to assign people to a new team.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "My Tasks" in Microsoft Teams

We are able to discretely split Planner into sections through the Channels in Teams by adding a Planner tab - but there is no way to see all assigned tasks across channels within Teams (like you have in the Planner app).

If I access My Tasks in Planner, I can see my tasks that actually sit in these channels, but not through the main plan, which means I need to access my Channel tasks in Teams, but go into Planner to see all of my tasks in one place.

Not easy to describe, I hope this makes sense!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Message notifications should be brighter, it's hard to see when someone is messaging

Message notifications should be brighter, it's hard to see when someone is messaging

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. turn off notifications on shifts

Turn off notifications so that shifts updates in the background so a team of 40 people are not getting attacked with shifts changes all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notices when anything new has been updated to the team

Anytime anything is added to one of the teams or a new message, users should get some kind of notice that there are changes and show under activity where they are. It should already be a part of the function for Teams. Instead of having to keep looking to see if anyone has updated something and WHERE?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a setting to change the time limit on the tabs

Imagine you're doing an assignment and you open a new tab to search up something. What feels like 5 seconds you come back to your assignment and it's blocked you. It asks you if you're still there and you click yes, then you go back to your research. 5 seconds later you go back and again it asks you the same thing.
    It's very frustrating and i think it would be better if you can change the time limit on this. For example: 15 minutes, 20 minutes.. I think it would just be MUCH better and way less annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add LinkedIn Learning App

Add Linked in Learning App so it would be easy to share a specific Course or Video for a Team to view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. An 'okay!' or a 'got-that' reaction.

Add an 'okay!' or a 'got-that' reaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ? reaction

Add a ? or a confused emoji as a reaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote - roll up up tags

I'm using One-note as a personal organizer and it would be great to have the ability to roll up tags (i.e. 'to do' items from various sections and pages) into a single report and have the ability to refesh backwards into those same sections and pages as they marked complete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base