Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mute the chat

In the three dotes at the top or settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Being able to block people on Teams,

Stop people from messaging you, because I constantly get messaging like from younger students, I want to be able to block them, and also be able to text them when I WANT TO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. unhiding

UNHIDE CHATS THAT ARE HIDDEN.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can you

Can you take away the hearts and mentions PLEASE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to turn on and off the chat! For all teams meetings.

We need to be able to turn the chat on or off during all teams meetings. Students are using the chat to bully and harass each other. It has become an extremely frustrating and distracting issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrate email with Teams somehow. It is useful to send students calendar reminders, however, they don't check email to see the reminder.

Integrate email into Teams. We often use meeting reminders on the Outlook calendar, however, most kids are not checking email. Adults are used to checking redundant sources for communication, however, students are not. It would be nice if meeting/class notifications and reminders could be re-routed to their individual chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Problems with Setting up a Meeting for specific people in a Team

More of my collages and I had the problem that when we wanted to schedule a meeting for specific people in a Team, the invitation went out to everyone in the team, despite of us painfully putting in all the names of the specific people we only wanted to invite. This was very embarrassing as it is a big module with 100+ people. We had to cancel this meeting and organize a chat group with the people we only wanted to invite and set up another meeting. I think that writing a warning before send it out the message/invite to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When the teacher sends out a message - give the teacher the ability to see who reads it or not.

When the teacher sends out a message in teams chat - give the teacher the ability to see who reads it or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When typing in the "chat" can you remove the bubble of someone else's comment?

Other peoples' bubbles/comments appear over the top of what you are typing during meetings, so you can't see/edit yours at the same time. Perhaps the bubble could appear at the top of the "chat", rather than the bottom? This is when you are viewing the chat on the side of the video streams....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Names on Large Gallery

The names on Large Gallery cover the students' faces if the students are seated lower than their screens. Moving the names to the top of the picture would help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For class settings, you should create a banner option for teachers to post at the top of the meeting. This would give students and observer

It would be helpful if I could control a banner across the top of the class meeting that would communicate what was happening in each section of class. It could serve as a reminder to students and a compass for administrators and other observers, giving context to the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back the private chat feature

Allow students to create chats outside the meeting, this was a very helpful feature that worked very well for collaboration, asking questions about homework and assignments, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Often when I am in a call I get push notifications from the chat that I am already viewing on screen. This is very annoying and distracting.

Often when I am in a call I get push notifications from the chat that I am already viewing on screen. This is very annoying and distracting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Problem with chat

Slow chat messages sending and reciving

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i think that it would be nice to have an option to say the same thing to all my contacts. i get bored of typing hello into every single chat

i would like to be able to give the same message o all my contacts that are in different chats at the same time- im bored of typing hi into every chat.i can go to the option, type hi. and it shall be sent to all my separate chats

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. After adding a team, auto create an e-mail group based on the team's membership

If you want to e-mail everyone in the team, you have to enter each member individually. It would be great if there was an auto create of an e-mail group of the whole team when creating a new team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. So today during my math class, my math teacher dissabled the private chats.

So basically today during my class, my teacher disabled the private chats. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but today I do. I have very close friends on teams that got ABSOLUTELY NO notice that I couldn't talk to them. I understand how many people get distracted and off task because of teams chatting, but is there any way that could still chat but it wouldn't be so disctracting ONLY if I'm in class, otherwise I could get as many chats as I want lol :). Thank you and I do hope that you can consider this option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Banner notifications are blocking chat typing and send functions - please fix

When banner notifications pop up, they block whatever is being typed in chat, etc. as well as the Send button. I need these notifications, but could you please have an option for where on the screen they're located (or have them moved somewhere more practical)? E.g. lower-left corner. Having them stack more tightly would also be really helpful...these things are overwhelming. Is there a way to dismiss all of them at once? Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base