Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring the chat back

I want Teams to bring chat back for my school. There was some bullying but the administrators should deal with that individually. We talked with our friends that way we are in the middle of a pandemic and can't go see our friends normally and haven't seen them since march 2020. We contacted our teachers this way and now we contact them in the hub and they respond HOURS later but in teams it only takes minutes and sometimes seconds. I really would like it if you vote so HISD can see this.

-A concerned 8th grade girl

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. block option please, there is someone bothering me through ms teams..

i need to block a classmate, he kept calling me and messaging me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I need to be able to lock the chat so my students will stop playing in it.

I need to be able to lock the chat so my students will stop playing in it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. maybe a snooze all notifications because I Have over 90

it will snooze all your notafactions for you instead of you going through them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. being able to turn off the LAST NAME, FIRST NAME notifications

i would like an option to turn off the chat notifications as they get in the way of typing whenever they show up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be very cool to be able to edit messages in chat.

It would be nice to have a short window in which you can go back and edit a message in chat. (It would be great in meetings too.) So that when you spell something wrong or use the wrong version of "there" your ignorance and slovenly typing habits aren't preserved forever

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When adding person to a chat/meeting show email address when searching and order by membership in my Teams

One of my students has the same exact name as another person at the university (not even a student). I typed the student's name and all the search result shows are two initials and a name. Turns out that was the wrong person, which could be a real problem!
    So two things: first, order search results so members of my Teams appear before all other matches. Second, make the email of the match visible, because based on that I could have ruled out the other person with the same name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. clear conversastion

I think you should make a clear conversastion feature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feature to Find Messages from Specific People

When replies in a conversation is collapsed, a short preview comes up saying a few of the people who responded to the message. I would like Microsoft Teams to update this feature and allow a person to click on the name of a replier and see which messages that person replied with, then have to other messages collapsed.
    It is hard when there is a long conversation and you are only looking from a message from one person (or even yourself), but then you must open the replies, scroll up, see previous replies, scroll up, see previous replies, scroll up,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Feature to Find Messages from Specific People

When replies in a conversation is collapsed, a short preview comes up saying a few of the people who responded to the message. I would like Microsoft Teams to update this feature and allow a person to click on the name of a replier and see which messages that person replied with, then have to other messages collapsed.
    It is hard when there is a long conversation and you are only looking from a message from one person (or even yourself), but then you must open the replies, scroll up, see previous replies, scroll up, see previous replies, scroll up,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to delete the posted messages for everyone

Please include the option to delete the posted messages for everyone,because if the message kept by mistake or if the message posted unknowingly or if the user think to delete the message after posting, we can delete it for everyone and post a new message.So,please include an option to delete the posted messages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chat improvements

Allow the ability to turn on/off individual accounts chat feature. Admins should be allowed to view all messages sent with an organization, especially an k12 EDU environment in the Teams admin console.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete whole conversation and all replies

If a conversation is no long relevant, the ability to mass delete a whole conversation and all of the linked comments would be really time-saving as a teacher.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Key word search Chat

It would be helpful to me if the program had the capability to search the chat for key words.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop all Replies

I want to only have my students talk on camera. However, they "reply" in the channel and blow it up constantly with profanity and inappropriate words to one another. It distracts me from teaching and other students trying to hear my lessons. "Mute" prevents from from speaking on camera but they can still reply in the channel. Please make an option for scheduled calendar classes to prevent student from replying ( in writing) in the channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop all Replies

I want to only have my students talk on camera. However, they "reply" in the channel and blow it up constantly with profanity and inappropriate words to one another. It distracts me from teaching and other students trying to hear my lessons. "Mute" prevents from from speaking on camera but they can still reply in the channel. Please make an option for scheduled calendar classes to prevent student from replying ( in writing) in the channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Be able to suspend chat function/messaging 'out of hours'

It would be helpful to be able to set the hours during which the chat/messaging function are active to protect staff personal time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create an option to be able to delete chat conversations

Right now, in MS Teams, you can only delete your own comment posted within a chat conversation. So, I can delete everything I said within a chat but the comments posted by the person you are chatting with, remain, because there is no way to delete them. There should be an option to delete an entire chat conversation once the conversation is over. Over time the more chats you open the longer the chat list gets and the harder it is to find the important chats. Granted you can hide each individual chat in the list, but that means you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. voice record a message

It would be great if students and teachers could also send a voice message in the chat section (like in Whatsapp).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)